Crap people say...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artichoke View Post
    My niece whose response to my low carb weight loss was " Oh, I couldn't give up carbs !" then later in the convo.. "What are carbs ?" This from a college student.. the English education system is going to the dawgs
    I think modern education in general is failing us. But that's another thread for another time...
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by katiepotato View Post
      Not strictly a comment about eating Primal but in the most recent issue of a local health and fitness magazine, candyfloss (cotton candy) was recommended as a "healthy" cinema snack due to its comparatively low calorie content against nachos, hot dogs or peanuts. So, let's just forget the nutritional value or additive content of what we're putting into our bodies and rate it solely on calories, shall we?
      So many people focus on "low calorie" instead of nutritious or even non-poisonous! My MIL is on an ongoing weight loss journey (good for her! down like 60 or something so far) but she really likes her diet cokes... I wouldn't be surprised if that's limiting her losses. She also said on facebook that they're starting something similar to primal, but I know the other night they had fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Ah well. Good luck..
      ~Mollie

Started PB on Monday, June 4. I'm focusing on my health in 2012, including taking natural supplements, zumba and strength training, regular church attendance and studying the Bible, spending time with good friends, and reading more. I want to see what health milestones I can achieve this year!

Starting body fat - 41%
      Starting weight - 170 lbs
      9/4 body fat - 33%
      9/4 weight - 150 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        I've switched to nonfat milk on my Kashi in the morning and DH is down to one six pack a day instead of two." She wasn't talking about abdominals.

OK, that's nice.
        Actually that's a pretty good step in the right direction for her husband. Obviously still a long way to go, but the allure of beer is powerful.

Comment

One friend of mine discovered the MyFitnessPal Mobile App. It scans barcodes and enters them into a daily log. He scans his daily breakfast of, for example, a pack of zingers and a Monster. He knows I'm losing weight and keeps telling me I should get this app. I just tell him that my food doesn't come with barcodes.

Tercio

Comment

Stuffed Cabbage. I am eating it. Seasoned ground beef (lots of fat) with diced onion, carrot, celery, wrapped in a big old honkin cabbage leaf and covered in drippin chunks of fresh stewed maters. Side dish of cold cukes and onions in vinegar. Coworker wants to know why I never eat any fiber. Headdesk.
            The two constants in my life are a clean mind and dirty knees.

Everything else is subject to change without notice.

Comment

Not what people have said, more a line of dialogue in an advert between a squirrel and a hedgehog (which says it all).

"All because they (people) aren't eating the fibre that nature intended them to!"

...it's an advert for bran flakes.
              Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Comment

Originally posted by tercio View Post
                one friend of mine discovered the myfitnesspal mobile app. It scans barcodes and enters them into a daily log. He scans his daily breakfast of, for example, a pack of zingers and a monster. He knows i'm losing weight and keeps telling me i should get this app. I just tell him that my food doesn't come with barcodes.

Tercio
                +1 awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by EncinoMan View Post
                  Actually that's a pretty good step in the right direction for her husband. Obviously still a long way to go, but the allure of beer is powerful.
                  True. My BIL rests his beer on his beer belly (they don't call it that for nothing), it's like a shelf sticking out. He looks like he's expecting triplets. He keeps complaining that he has back problem. No, he has front problems. Pregnant ladies get backaches too.

But then he pats his tummy affectionately and says, "This here is a sign of good living."

Comment

Originally posted by PearlTigress View Post
                    So many people focus on "low calorie" instead of nutritious or even non-poisonous! My MIL is on an ongoing weight loss journey (good for her! down like 60 or something so far) but she really likes her diet cokes... I wouldn't be surprised if that's limiting her losses. She also said on facebook that they're starting something similar to primal, but I know the other night they had fried chicken and mashed potatoes. Ah well. Good luck..
                    Ah, the breaded food conundrum. People think it's meat. They don't consider the carbs and glutten and other nasties in the breadcumbs. I mean really people, it's just some bread in meatloaf! Jeeze! Right?

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tercio View Post
                      I just tell him that my food doesn't come with barcodes.
                      Classic comeback Tercio, I will use this, thank you

Comment

Working...
                      X