Can a person eat too much grease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a person eat too much grease

My supper last night was lettuce covered with super greasy ground beef (like half a cup of grease, salsa, cheese and 3 scoops of 14% milk fat sour cream. I had one bowl of super and I felt too full. I felt super thirsty and tired, so I had a glass of water and went to bed. This morning I was puking up the rest of my supper.

My question is, did I eat to much grease? I have only been primal a week and a half. Could it just be that I have to allow time to adjust to eating greasier food?

I'd guess it was the combination of fat and sour cream that did the trick, not "too much" fat.

Comment

It tasted wonderful, maybe I just ate too much

Comment

Are you sure the beed was fres?

I mean, it's difinitely possible to eat too much grease, but my guess would be either the beef wasn't very fresh or the fact that you ate cold ground feeb (Was it cold?) on a cold salad. That just sounds kinda gross. I'm sorry

Comment

No, everything was all fresh and piping hot. The beef was good, the food was good. It could be that I ate food that was too rich and I did not drink enough water with it. Maybe it would have been better to eat the rich food for breakfast and to have a lighter supper. I was kind of dehydrated last night, and the meal made me so sleepy I just crawled into bed thirsty.

Comment

You know, I went out to eat about 2 weeks ago. Ate primally, but had a couple bites of my friends cheesecake. I got home feeling fine, then was up all night ralphing and it lasted all the next day. I cursed dairy all that day, but then it turned out I actually just had this belly bug that's going around in our area. It was on the local news channel and everything.

So maybe it was just that, NOT too much grease? But I've wondered that same thing before myself. I feel like i can eat ALOT of fat all day and sometimes I think that it can't possibly be right!

Comment

Just to be safe, my meals will be a little less greasy. I had 1/2 cup of grease in that bowl, and I probably should have settled for 1/4 cup of grease. I have also had the carb flu for the past few days. I have only been primal for 1 1/2 weeks now. Eventually I will find food that works.

Comment

Not sure how new you are to PB, but I am fairly new and had a little difficulty transitioning. I was on a low cal diet for 3 months and then switched to PB and initially the sudden spike in fats was a little hard to take. My stomach was used to hardly any fat 10-15g/day and when I suddenly began eating 90-110g/day my stomach took a while to adjust...

..Just a thought!

Comment

There's a bug going around. I got it, and a lot of others have gotten it.

Comment

"Grease" sounds ... dirty

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Primalchild, that's what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure my body would start rejecting my food if I thought of it as "grease" too, hahaha! =] I was thinking it might be a Canadian vs US thing, but I see you're from Canada, too. Hmm. It must be regional anyway.

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I don&#39;t always eat grease. If I am cooking ground beef or bacon, then I will eat up some of that grease. If I am eating roast then I will choose the fattiest parts. It is not like I am scarfing down grease by the gallon. Using grease adds lots of flavor to otherwise dull food. Most people used to have larders, and lard is only hard grease. Grease is not dirty. Lets give a primal cheer for grease.

Comment

I call it fat. Beef fat, bacon fat, etc. Not bacon grease because that makes it sound like something you would use to lube up a car.

Comment

But fat is usually thought of as solid, when it is liquid it is grease. And I am like a car, I need lots of lube ... errr I mean grease, Vroom Vroom, and this engine needs the proper fuel to run at full capacity.

It&#39;s like adding butter to noodles, adds flavor. I didn&#39;t think this concept would be so unique on a primal living forum.

Comment

I was also struck by the jarring of "grease." Yes, common term in The South, but it would only refer to saturated fats at (non-Southern?)room temp and hydrogenated oils. Oh, and what I lube my car with.

The molecules are more technically lipids, regardless of appearance and viscosity. Or, in the vernacular, fats.

Not grease. Sounds like what a vegan would call our beloved fats.

Comment

Working...
                              X