No announcement yet.

What do real American men look like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dude. not rape. there is another definition. definitely not rape.
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
      dude. not rape. there is another definition. definitely not rape.
      The definition kenn gave was as rape. It was quoted as such. Then bloodorchid asked if he would want to be ravished by a hot woman. While it has another definition that was not the one kenn referenced or the one quoted.

Comment

• because he's nitpicking and so i tease him
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• gotcha. there are many synonyms for ravish:
          debauch
          deflower
          defile
          delight
          entrance
          enrapture
          fascinate
          send
          transport
          overjoy
          overpower
          pauperize

out of all of those, i would combine overpower+overjoy. the joy (implicit is willingness) is an essential aspect of the appeal. empathy and trust are also essential components.
          my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            dude. not rape. there is another definition. definitely not rape.
            Then use the word you mean.

Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
            gotcha. there are many synonyms for ravish:
            debauch
            deflower
            defile
            delight
            entrance
            enrapture
            fascinate
            send
            transport
            overjoy
            overpower
            pauperize

out of all of those, i would combine overpower+overjoy. the joy (implicit is willingness) is an essential aspect of the appeal. empathy and trust are also essential components.
            The root of ravish is the same as rape, you can try to paint this as many shades as the rainbow holds, yet at the end ravish means rape.

Feel free to accuse me of being pedant if you want.
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• or corner and nuzzle mercilessly
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

• oh ffs
                beautiful
                yeah you are

lol

Comment

• whatever. i think you guys know what i mean, but maybe i'll look for a different word for the future.
                  my primal journal:

Comment

• they know, they're just circling and pecking for whatever reason
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I know when it's pointed out that you're supporting rape, we're the bad guys.......ok!

If you didn't mean that then say what you really mean. Don't use ravished as an example. The root of rape and ravish both stem from rapere which means to take by force (actual force as in Forced Unwanted Carnal Knowledge).

Latin

[edit]Verb
                      rapere
                      present active infinitive of rapiō
                      "to snatch, to grab, to carry off"
                      second-person singular present passive imperative of rapiō
                      "be thou snatched, be thou grabbed, be thou carried off"

Comment

• women aren't the only ones who can be sensitive about word usage. if i expect others to think about how their words impact those around them, it would be rather hypocritical not to do the same. kenn henpicking? that's par for the course.
                        my primal journal:

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                          I know when it's pointed out that you're supporting rape, we're the bad guys.......ok!

If you didn't mean that then say what you really mean. Don't use ravished as an example. The root of rape and ravish both stem from rapere which means to take by force.
                          i never said bad guys, 'somewhat annoying' may have been implied, however

in general, when ravishment comes up in a fantasy, it involves heaving bosoms, corsets, rogues and happy swooning

ravishment does not usually get used as a general term for rape

rape is generally used for rape
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

lol

Comment

• I'm attempting to expand your knowledge of words, rather than accepting it you're trying to defend your usage rather than admit your mistake.

women aren't the only ones who can be sensitive about word usage. if i expect others to think about how their words impact those around them, it would be rather hypocritical not to do the same. kenn henpicking? that's par for the course.
                            henpeckedpast participle, past tense of henĚpeck
                            Verb:
                            (of a woman) Continually criticize and give orders to (her husband or other male partner).

Comment

• me, personally, don't admit any kind of mistake

for me, ravish =/= rape
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn
                                I'm attempting to expand your knowledge of words, rather than accepting it you're trying to defend your usage rather than admit your mistake.
                                alright, well there's this:
                                whatever. i think you guys know what i mean, but maybe i'll look for a different word for the future.
                                but if you're looking for an apology: i'm sincerely sorry if it seemed like i was trying to glamorize a brutal, dehumanizing act. that wasn't my intent, but i apologize for the miscommunication.

i said you were henpicking because you often like to argue a point to death.
                                my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X