Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
    I actually started to fill my sleeves with some muscles
    Although I'm hitting a plateau strength-wise, I'm feeling tighter around the arms and shoulders.

My hair and nails grow faster, stronger. My hair and beard is changing from brown to blonde because of the sun.
    My skin is healing. For the first time in my life my skin is actually healing! I used to get scars from every tiny cut.
    I don't burn easily from the sun (although while writing these words I'm tomato red - didn't know my limits)
    My mouth doesn't feel disgusting when I wake up anymore.
    I smell great.

I'm far more vigilant in the mornings. After I open my eyes it's like I'm really up - no more 'morning confusion'.

The only downfall I experience is when it's time to go to bed I just turn to stone and drop.
    When I was a teenage I could be up all night easy, but now my vision turns a bit blurry, and I just want to sink in my bed.

I just wanna storm what's out there. My office work is killing me.
    I wish I had friends that want to play outside - everybody is too busy or has asthma..
    I need more play in my life.
    "Turning to stone and dropping" is NOT a downfall!! That means that you are in good balance. You are sleeping better and waking up feeling much better. That is exactly what you want. You now have a lot more energy because of the real food you are eating and the improved sleep. So by days end you are rightly ready to recharge the batteries. I am the same way. I literally bounce out of bed in the morning and can joke around as my first foot hits the floor, which some people can't handle. I have great energy all day. When the day is done, I'm done!

Comment

I do want to add that saying you'll never eat something non primal or paleo again is a recipie for failure. It would be virtually impossible in this world to do that and impractical as well as unhealthy for the vast majority of us. BUT, saying that you won't ever go back to a SAD way of eating again is completely different. I'm talking about what you eat on a regular basis, not what you may sometimes indulge in.

For me I can say for sure that I will always live on real foods. I've beyond proven that its far superior to anything else and why wouldn't it be? Real vs fake? No brainer. So if you aren't ready to proclaim that you are going to base your diet on real food no matter what then you have to ask yourself why you'd even consider doing otherwise?!

Comment

This is good stuff, great to have self-awareness pertaining to strengths/weaknesses. It helps us deal better with the weakness parts and overcome them instead of getting blindsided when they rear up. Its a huge confidence boost to see some positive changes so soon!

Comment

Working...
        X