Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sheepish about the "hi, how ya doing" looks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone sheepish about the "hi, how ya doing" looks?

So since going primal and kicking up the LHT's workouts, my body has changed quite a bit. Of course for the better. Now I get the looks and hellos at the gym and at work that I never got before. I'm flattered and a bit embarrassed sometimes. Cause really, I'm almost 50 and never expected this. I also went from 137 to 132, so not really a weight loss impact, though fat loss. 5'. 3". So, not tiny, but petite with some curves. Good defined waistline though.
    Is this happening to you? what part of your transformation do you think had the biggest impact?

Well Good for you!! Just learn to go with it.

I'm not sure my body has changed so dramatically but my confidence sure has. I think that is what people respond to with me.
    ~Blog~

Comment

I don't think I get them. I've dropped 90-ish pounds and am just about normal man size now, but I haven't noticed any flirting or anything like that. Three theories:

1) Women don't flirt with married men
      2) I still look like a monster
      3) I have a general air of "Go away" about me.

I think it's a mix of 2 and 3. I could always ride the bus as an experiment. Back when I was a monster without a car, I used the bus to get around, and it always offended the hell out of me that there would be three or four empty seats around me while the rest of the bus was packed. People would rather stand than sit next to me; they'd be piling on top of each other, three to a seat! I wonder if that would still happen.

Comment

I think the confidence thing has an impact. Timthetaco, might be #3 for you then. Probably the combo of the improvements also.

Comment

My wedding rings haven't fit for a year. Not ready to resize so sometimes go without them. The line between friendly and interested is all in the posture. Tee hee. It's flattering but honestly, very disconcerting. I just love my hubby too much. And rally don't like the attention
          Julia
          Starting Weight 235 - Dec 1, 2010
          Started Primal Mid January 2011
          Current Weight 183
          Goal 160

Get Outside Already!

http://moderndayfitandfood.wordpress.com/
          http://moderndaydesigns.wordpress.com/

Comment

What's flattering but a little weird for me is the young pups giving me the eye. I feel like asking them, "Does your mother know you are ogling women as old as she is?"

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
              What's flattering but a little weird for me is the young pups giving me the eye. I feel like asking them, "Does your mother know you are ogling women as old as she is?"
              Having seen some of your pictures, I've no doubt pups of all ages give you the eye.

As for the OP's question, nope. I feel awesome, I'm healthier than ever but, alas, still a 9.5 on the 1-10 fugly scale. If someone 'gives me the eye' it's a slam-dunk they're either blind drunk ... or just blind. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                Hey, what's up?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinup
                  I'm wayy vain, and like being attractive, but I wish I could get the attention on my terms. Most of the time I'd prefer to be invisible while I go about my business.
                  I know what you mean. It's hard to assassinate a foreign dictator when you can't even meet a contact without being mobbed by los chicas.
                  In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                    1) Women don't flirt with men
                    Fixed that for you.
                    "Go For Broke"
                    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                    Small Kine-168/9%
                    Now- 200/8%
                    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

I know what you mean, damn agents won't leave me alone. It's all "movie franchise" this, "boy band" that, "modelling contract" yada yada yada.

Comment

Do I feel weird with all the 'how you doin?' looks, yep it's a bit creepy, but I still keep doing them
                        You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

I could lose a little mid section yet, but then I wonder what reaction that would stir. Though I've read threads where more cut isn't necessarily more attractive. Just trying to balance if I give up wine and cheese or just stay where I am at. I think I'll stay where I am at for summer since I do place a priority on my social life!

Comment

Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                            Do I feel weird with all the 'how you doin?' looks, yep it's a bit creepy, but I still keep doing them
                            Lol!

Comment

Yeah....I have been checked out a couple times recently.....the first time it surprized me.....it is nice tho....

Comment

Working...
                              X