Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread.

    "Hey, hot enough for ya?" *cue obnoxious St. Louis accent cackle*
    Your turn.

  • #2
    Sitting here in the St. Louis airport, I agree. Two weeks at Ft Leonard Wood and the last few days sucked hard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Sitting here in the St. Louis airport, I agree. Two weeks at Ft Leonard Wood and the last few days sucked hard.
      Gawd, I feel for you! Thank you for serving, by the way. The St. Louis airport is just so charming, isn't it? Like purgatory.

      Comment


      • #4
        One of my friends in Tennessee actually baked chocolate chip cookies on the dashboard of their car today.
        It was very HOT there... The heat index in Smyrna TN is still at 110 at almost 7pm this evening!

        Glad FL is only sticky humid right now and not over 100 too boot.
        Temp here earlier was 86, humidity 60%, 'felt like' heat index of 96. Not too bad.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          One of my friends in Tennessee actually baked chocolate chip cookies on the dashboard of their car today.
          It was very HOT there... The heat index in Smyrna TN is still at 110 at almost 7pm this evening!

          Glad FL is only sticky humid right now and not over 100 too boot.
          Temp here earlier was 86, humidity 60%, 'felt like' heat index of 96. Not too bad.
          My dad is in Ocala, lucky man.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's actually gone down to 106 from 107. Like stepping out into an oven. I was going to work on some furniture this evening but sanding in this heat is fucking gross. I'm also watering the big tree in the front yard. It seems to be doing okay so far but on our dog walk this morning we saw a whole bunch of trees losing leaves, so I'm hoping to avoid it stressing too much.
            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
              It's actually gone down to 106 from 107. Like stepping out into an oven. I was going to work on some furniture this evening but sanding in this heat is fucking gross. I'm also watering the big tree in the front yard. It seems to be doing okay so far but on our dog walk this morning we saw a whole bunch of trees losing leaves, so I'm hoping to avoid it stressing too much.
              I'll bet your tree's cortisol is THROUGH THE ROOF!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                I'll bet your tree's cortisol is THROUGH THE ROOF!!
                Not as high as the neighboring trees. heh. Maybe some yoga . . . .
                Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                  Not as high as the neighboring trees. heh. Maybe some yoga . . . .
                  Could you maybe put a boom box next to it and play some soothing classical? A bark massage? shit... I need to bring my flower pot inside!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                    Sitting here in the St. Louis airport, I agree. Two weeks at Ft Leonard Wood and the last few days sucked hard.
                    I was born at Ft Leonard Wood.

                    Heat in SE Ohio was 94. Just had a minor thunder bumper - ground got a wee bit wet and some awesome rolling thunder, but not much else. The kids escaped into our above ground pool...
                    I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
                      It's actually gone down to 106 from 107. Like stepping out into an oven. I was going to work on some furniture this evening but sanding in this heat is fucking gross. I'm also watering the big tree in the front yard. It seems to be doing okay so far but on our dog walk this morning we saw a whole bunch of trees losing leaves, so I'm hoping to avoid it stressing too much.
                      One of the things I remember about Nashville is that it would get so humid, that you could be all sweaty from being outside and come into a nice air conditioned home, take a nice cold shower, and a few minutes after your shower, you notice that you are still sweating.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                        I was born at Ft Leonard Wood.

                        Heat in SE Ohio was 94. Just had a minor thunder bumper - ground got a wee bit wet and some awesome rolling thunder, but not much else. The kids escaped into our above ground pool...
                        Call me crazy, but I love the rolling heat thunder! So broody and romantic!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Grok View Post
                          One of the things I remember about Nashville is that it would get so humid, that you could be all sweaty from being outside and come into a nice air conditioned home, take a nice cold shower, and a few minutes after your shower, you notice that you are still sweating.
                          Yep! Then you have to 3x the laundry, because no one wants to stank all day!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Grok View Post
                            One of the things I remember about Nashville is that it would get so humid, that you could be all sweaty from being outside and come into a nice air conditioned home, take a nice cold shower, and a few minutes after your shower, you notice that you are still sweating.
                            Fortunately the humidity isn't too bad at the moment. Of course that's because we haven't had much rain and probably won't be getting much in the near future, hence watering the tree. I grew up in Florida and that was unbearable. More like a steam oven. Thinking about looking for a swimming hole where dogs are invited. There's definitely a few creeks and rivers possible.
                            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                              Call me crazy, but I love the rolling heat thunder! So broody and romantic!
                              Then we are both nutso! Had one 15 seconds long, at least. Whoooooo hoooooooooo! I paired that one with an Adirondack chair, a covered porch, and a Mike's Hard Lemonade. Hubby had a Yuengling porter.
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X