Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obligatory "It's hot out there" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    just got home.

    114F.

    Comment


    • #92
      It's a monsoon out there!!!! Yay!! We stood on the deck and got soaked! Now, power is flickering! Booo!!!

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        I'm laughing because I have a ton of hair, but it's very fine, so mine looks better in the humidity!
        I have a lot of very fine hair too, but mine looks HORRIBLE with a lot of humidity.

        Comment


        • #94
          In Jan last year we had that horrendous flood many of you may have seen on tv (a wall of water travelled through a few of our towns, one killed several people ). Jan and Feb this year we had 2 floods a week apart, though fortunately they weren't as bad as last year's.

          At the moment, the weather is divine! Even starting work at 5am is glorious, especially when there's a fog and the sun cuts through the fog at dawn or a little later. The sky is so clear (I live in the country) it seems you can touch the stars.

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
            It's a monsoon out there!!!! Yay!! We stood on the deck and got soaked! Now, power is flickering! Booo!!!
            Congratulations on the monsoon. We've been getting heavy rain the last two nights, thankfully. The garden is coming back to life and the temperature is back down to normal. Muggy, but I'll take that over the feel of stepping into an oven.
            Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by Blackcatbone View Post
              Congratulations on the monsoon. We've been getting heavy rain the last two nights, thankfully. The garden is coming back to life and the temperature is back down to normal. Muggy, but I'll take that over the feel of stepping into an oven.
              Hooray for ze rain!

              Comment


              • #97
                Temperature here this morning is 56° F. Not good for Sussex, UK in summer. It should be like 76.... But at least the rain has stopped - about 10 minutes ago.

                Comment


                • #98
                  114F was the high, which tied the record for today.
                  Durp.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by NicoleP View Post

                    Also, I must say that I really envy the ladies located in the dryer parts of the country as they have good hair most of the time (bitches, LOL). When I visit AZ or CO my hair always looks good. Here in NC I can use a flat iron on it to smooth it out and in 5 minutes it is totally messed up and frizzy. I would rather be in AZ at the moment dealing with 115 degrees rather than 95 here in NC.
                    Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                    I'm laughing because I have a ton of hair, but it's very fine, so mine looks better in the humidity!
                    the higher the humidity, the curlier my hair is. if my hair is just below my shoulders and we have a high humidity day, large ringlets form.


                    damn it's hot here, and has been for several days! full sunlight on a stucco house, and no ventilation in the attic. in the future, we're installing a whole house fan, and maybe planting trees strategically to shield the house. we finally broke down and bought an AC unit. the livingroom is down to 82F. *happy dance*
                    Last edited by Saoirse; 07-14-2012, 02:25 PM.
                    my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                      the higher the humidity, the curlier my hair is. if my hair is just below my shoulders and we have a high humidity day, large ringlets form.


                      damn it's hot here, and has been for several days! full sunlight on a stucco house, and no ventilation in the attic. in the future, we're installing a whole house fan, and maybe planting trees strategically to shield the house. we finally broke down and bought an AC unit. the livingroom is down to 82F. *happy dance*
                      Filled with envy! I have had to put my heating back on and will be lighting a log fire this evening.

                      Will my dill pickles and sauerkraut EVER ferment in this temperature??!!

                      Comment


                      • Nope... not hot. MONSOON... thunder and lightening and rain deliciousness. It's a good day for it.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                        Comment


                        • we've had quite a few storms roll in, drive up the humidity, and then roll out again with nary a drop of rain. it's maddening.
                          my primal journal:
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            Nope... not hot. MONSOON... thunder and lightening and rain deliciousness. It's a good day for it.
                            Same here. We got to do my son's college orientation tour midday when it was 11 billion degrees outside with monster clouds surrounding us but sun shining directly on us. Thankfully, it started to rain near the end. It's one damn big campus.

                            Oh, and my GOTD:
                            It turns out my son's serious post-long distance running dehydration yesterday was, in reality, strep throat. Yea.
                            Durp.

                            Comment


                            • Feels like temp when I got back from my morning walk at 830am was 93F.

                              grumble grumble
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                              B*tch-lite

                              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                              Comment


                              • It's all set to be 97°F (36.1° C) out here today, about 35% humidity. I biked in to work, which means I'll be biking home. A little over 11 miles each way. I'll probably be pretty schweaty.
                                carl's cave

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X