No announcement yet.

Lady problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had my ultrasound at a women's clinic, so they didn't check out my ovaries (and if she saw anything out of the ordinary she didn't inform me). They were just checking for a pregnancy in the uterus. And from my understanding about ectopic pregnancies, the hormones are slower to ramp up but you'll still test positive on a test eventually. Also, like you said, things probably would have been rupturing by now anyway.

I've been primal for about a year and a half - two years, and my cycles were always regular until now. So it must be something that's changed recently. Or maybe more hormones have always been off and I never knew it? I guess the only way to know for sure is to go back to the doctor when my insurance kicks back in this August and get more tests done. Stupid hormones...

Comment

Not sure this is something to fiddle with supplements, but agnex castor might help you out.

PCOS often goes hand in hand with insulin resistance and overweight- not always though, but lots of girls have actually fixed it with healthy eating and losing weight.

Comment

Is depression also a symptom of PCOS? I didn't even mention it, but I have been crazy depressed lately, as well as irritable.

I'll check out the agnex castor, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Arscott View Post
          They did test my prolactin! It was 7 ng/ml. And nope, no leakage or forms of birth control. My doctor didn't mention my pituitary gland. What could go wrong with it that would cause me to stop menstruating?
          The prolactin and the pituitary are connected. I have a pituitary tumor. That could cause your periods to stop. But since your prolactin is normal I guess that would be ruled out.

Comment

Not to open a whole can of worms but have you looked into supplementing with iodine? I understand it can be very for PCOS also it's very inexpensive.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...2rg/edit?pli=1
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

It def sounds like something screwy is going on with your hormones. Have they checked your thyroid?
              DD born August 2012
              TTC #2
              SW: 1/20/14- 212.4
              CW: 2/21/14- 202.6 (9.8 loss)
              Goal: Short term, get below 200 and get pregnant. Long term, get to 120-130
              Mini goal, get in to a size 12.

My boring uneventful journal for your viewing pleasure

Comment

Yeah, I've had my thyroid checked a few separate times, including recently, and everything came back normal. I've been reading into the iodine deficiency threads. The fact that it's almost being touted as a panacea turned me off a bit at first. Now that I'm reading more into it, though, I'm thinking it couldn't hurt to give supplementation a try. I'm sure I'm deficient.

Comment

i'd try incorporating seaweed and shellfish into my diet before messing with iodine supplements. the symptoms ascribed to a deficiency are so broad it's like painting a matchstick with a firehose.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Depression too, that's not good and def screwy hormones. I'd not touch outright iodine supps with a ten foot pole until you know what's going on.

Not sure this will help, but the ladies on mumsnet.uk are very knowledgable and might be able to help.

Comment

Did you specifically ask what they tested as far as thyroid? My thyroid tests came back "normal" when my thyroid gland was the size of a grapefruit - all that means is that my TSH was under 2. Have them test ALL of your thyroid hormones, not just TSH, because if your T4 and T3 are at the low end of the range and your TSH is normal you can still have symptoms. I'd say something hormonal is definitely going on and your thyroid probably is involved. Have you tried increasing your carbs a bit? Some people (women especially, it seems) find that staying very low carb can make their thyroid go wonky.

Iodine supplementation has been wonderful for regulating my cycle and making my period more manageable, but I don't have a thyroid gland anymore so I didn't have to worry about the issues people can run into with iodine supplements. It can be helpful, but you'll want to work closely with a doctor to be on the safe side.

Comment

I agree pcos and thyroid...dealing with it the past 10 years...stay on top of it and get proper diagnoses as soon as possible!
                        I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Comment

Working...
                        X