Forks over Knives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IdeNoreen View Post
    There are a number of very well though out rebuttals on that study out there and
    Ned Kock at healthcorrelator has done some really good stat analysis in The China Study. He's a statistician and the numbers are quite interesting when you get into them.

http://healthcorrelator.blogspot.co..../China%20Study
    Last edited by PureFunctionalFitness; 01-06-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
      I find it interesting that the studies they cite, claim that animal protein stimulates cancer growth.
      It was casein specifically that stimulated cancer growth, and only in the presence of aflatoxin (a potent carcinogen). Furthermore, the study was conducted using mice that were specifically bred to develop cancer easily. How in the world did he get from that point to 'all animal protein stimulates cancer growth'?

Comment

Watched it. Thinly veiled advertisement for “low-fat whole food veganism”. Having said that there are kernels of truth here. And that is that the standard diet is so bad that *anything* is better. Any attempt to eat more naturally has impressive results.

One thing I kept thinking though if those people had gone paleo not only would they be healthy but they wouldn’t look so frail.

Comment

Another propaganda film designed to take attention away from the white carb industries by blaming meat?

The assumption in this film is always that the decrease/increase in meat caused the change instead of the change in sugar/flour.

Comment

Campbell's got a new book out so brace for that.

The vegangelicals speak of Cmapbell, Esselstyn, MacDougall, and Ornish as though they belong on Rushmore. Dare not question them, mortals!

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
              Campbell's got a new book out so brace for that.

The vegangelicals speak of Cmapbell, Esselstyn, MacDougall, and Ornish as though they belong on Rushmore. Dare not question them, mortals!
              And don't forget to eat your 30 bananas a day!

Comment

Someone e-mailed me about this today. I had to tell them it's from 2011..........

Comment

Working...
                X