What do you call yourself?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you call yourself?

when people ask you about your eating lifestyle, what do you say?

You're a paleo/primal eater? I'm just curious because there are vegans and vegetarians. I don't know what to call myself like "I eat Paleo?"

A meat eating beast that grazes on grass from time to time
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

I say I avoid eating processed foods.
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

perfect health diet-slow carb diet-paleo-primal-wapf-leangains-starting strength superhybrid
        “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Grain and sugar free natural whole food eater.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinup
            I just say i try to eat grain free whole foods.
            Me too.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I eat real nutrient dense food, if they want to know, I will explain...usually they do not want to know and I could care less.
              Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
              READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Comment

I look them in the eye and say "Ooga-booga. Caveman diet. Focused on complete nutrition from whole animals and plants, no grains or garbage." Or sometimes, just to see them turn pale, I tell them that I get most of my calories from animal fat, "like lard, but from a cow - it's called tallow." and watch them writhe in CW agony at the thought. I derive much pleasure from watching their little minds blow.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

"I don't eat grains."
                  "What do you eat?"
                  "Meat, fruit, veggies, and healthy fats."
                  "You eat fat!?"
                  "Plenty of it. Bacon grease, butter, olive oil, and beef grease are the main ones."
                  "That's not healthy!"
                  "Works for me."
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                    "I don't eat grains."
                    "What do you eat?"
                    "Meat, fruit, veggies, and healthy fats."
                    "You eat fat!?"
                    "Plenty of it. Bacon grease, butter, olive oil, and beef grease are the main ones."
                    "That's not healthy!"
                    "Works for me."
                    Conversation usually ends with, "which one of us has a six-pack? Must be doing something right."
                    "Go For Broke"
                    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                    Small Kine-168/9%
                    Now- 200/8%
                    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

"I eat natural foods: Meat, fish, vegetables, fruit, nuts and seeds... Grains, refined sugar, and hydrogenated fats are a major factor in the declining health in developed countries."

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                        Conversation usually ends with, "which one of us has a six-pack? Must be doing something right."
                        *Snort*
                        With my sister and I it usually ends up with, "We are the same height, only 2 years apart in age and we were both a size 16 but now I'm a 6. I just climbed a mountain while you are getting hip replacement surgery and have deteriorating spinal discs. So, you think there might be something to this 'crazy diet plan' of mine?"

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                          *Snort*
                          With my sister and I it usually ends up with, "We are the same height, only 2 years apart in age and we were both a size 16 but now I'm a 6. I just climbed a mountain while you are getting hip replacement surgery and have deteriorating spinal discs. So, you think there might be something to this 'crazy diet plan' of mine?"
                          But but but...uhhh...you have better genetics! Wait....uhh...it's because you work out? (At least that's probably part of it).
                          "Go For Broke"
                          Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                          Small Kine-168/9%
                          Now- 200/8%
                          Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                            But but but...uhhh...you have better genetics! Wait....uhh...it's because you work out? (At least that's probably part of it).
                            Hard for a sister to pull the genetics card.

Yeah, I think that's the thing that bugs my CW friends most about my success. How little exercise is really required to make this work while they are busting their butts at the gym and getting nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                              Hard for a sister to pull the genetics card.
                              That was the uhhh...wait.. part lol.

And my brother has tried to pull the "I'm bigger boned" than you. He's 5 years younger, but otherwise my clone...just 45 pounds heavier.
                              "Go For Broke"
                              Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                              Small Kine-168/9%
                              Now- 200/8%
                              Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Working...
                              X