I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
        i.. don't really have to say anything

you guys must be surrounded by lunatics

This.
        I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

I just tell them I'm primal, and I don't eat grains or legumes(often have to explain what "legums" are). Not that big of a deal; it was more family who tried knocking it down, though now they're occilating between dipping their toes in and making excuses for themselves. My sis went low-carb for a bit, but insists she runs best on high-carb(low-nutrient) foods... and energy drinks.

Comment

Meatatarian. Kind of like Ron Swanson but less warm and fuzzy.

Comment

I tell people I'm paleo.

Here, it never becomes that big of an issue. Everyone here is a something. The yoga community is a bit 'ticky' about it, but i have most of them beat as "years as a vegetarian" anyway (most have been vegetarian for less than 5 years). those who have been vegetarian a long time make no public judgments. LOL

I also tell people we are "gluten free/sugar light" since that tends to communicate what most people want/need to hear.

And we do eat pizza and cake. But, like 1-3x per year.

Comment

I had a pizza about a month ago, no other real options and the person I was with kept bragging about how amazing it was. Shit my brains out for three days.

Worst part- the crust was thick and doughy. Not even a proper pie.

Comment

I'm only 1 month in and already getting tired of "so, you're doing Atkins?" or "so like a low-carb thing?" , NO.

When I say anything, which isn't often, but becoming more common as people notice my change in eating, I just say "I'm taking a break from grains" or "Trying to stick to whole foods" or a nice generic "Just trying to eat better". Which doesn't always play well when they're watching me eat something lathered in butter and bacon. (oh sweet Jesus, that just gave me an idea...Bacon Butter... must Google immediately...)
                  My Primal Journal - Food, pics, the occasional rant, so...the usual.

I love cooking. It's sexy science that you stuff in your face. - carlh

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
                    when people ask you about your eating lifestyle, what do you say?

You're a paleo/primal eater? I'm just curious because there are vegans and vegetarians. I don't know what to call myself like "I eat Paleo?"
                    Reformed Carbivore with a preference for dripping beast flesh?

Comment

Originally posted by DashFire View Post
                      (oh sweet Jesus, that just gave me an idea...Bacon Butter... must Google immediately...)
                      In a 12" skillet fry 4 slices bacon till crispy and melt a stick of butter simultaneously. When the bacon is crispy, remove it and eat it. Pour the Bacon Butter into a jar and use on anything and everything.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

I eat like a lumberjack: rich, hearty, meaty meals made from scratch out of whole ingredients. Usually a big plate of bacon & eggs for breakfast, and some kind of heavy, filling, creamy soup, stew, or roast for dinner. I eat as much as I want and don't gain weight, because it's real food and fills you up. And since you feel full, you don't eat any more than you need. I avoid sugars, grains, and processed foods. Why would I want to eat any of that stuff when the food I eat is so much more delicious, emotionally & physically satisfying, healthy, and hearty?

Meat, eggs, vegetables, and butter: It'll put hair on your chest! (and you'll lose weight)

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Sorry, but I have it easy. I live in one of the original gimme-the-meat-screw-the-veggies places, and they just don't care what veggies I have on my plate or not as long as the FLESH is there. So, very few comments as far as the locals go. I am a stay-at-home mom as well, so no break room / desk problems, either.
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Whenever I try to call myself, I get a busy signal. *shrug*

Comment

I get a lot of "Hey slim" or "Where's the other half of you?" comments followed by people asking if I'm on a diet. Depending on whether or not they really care, the answer can range from "I have made permanent improvements to my diet and increased my exercise" to "I don't eat processed, refined, or manufactured foods aside from bacon and butter. I walk a lot, lift weights on occasion, and sprint every once in a while and have never felt better." with "I live like a cave man." somewhere in between.
                              I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                                Conversation usually ends with, "which one of us has a six-pack? Must be doing something right."
                                This... times a GAJILLION. I also usually toss in a few hand-stand push ups to seal the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X