How do you know when to stop losing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikebike View Post
    If I were you, I'd consider seeing a Endocrinologist or a Osteopath and have your hormone levels checked. I have much experience with this. I'd want my testosterone and growth hormone levels checked. Make damn sure you're seeing someone that is "new" school and does a saliva testosterone test, not blood serum. You seem like a take charge kind of dude or you wouldn't have taken the step to lose weight and go primal. Do the same when pursuing a solution for your other concerns.
    I don't know if I'd call myself a "take charge kind of dude" but I'll take the title anyway

As to seeing a Endocrinologist or a Osteopath, I don't know if there's one in my area but I'll research it. Hell, I don't even know if my insurance covers it but I do have some concerns-I just didn't think they were justifiable. I'm taken aback that a few of you seem to think like I do about my hormone levels and such.

Much thanks for the advice.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Good luck with it bud. Remember, you deserve to live the life you truly want, don't settle for less. Passivity and compliance when it comes to your health (and other areas of your life) will leave you frustrated and discouraged. You're young and you've got your whole life in front of you, make it what you want it to be.

Comment

I'd definitely say start to focus on building muscle rather than continuing to lose fat. Maybe once you put on some more muscle mass you could cut down to a lower body fat percentage.

Congratulations on your awesome fat loss.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyA View Post
          I'd definitely say start to focus on building muscle rather than continuing to lose fat. Maybe once you put on some more muscle mass you could cut down to a lower body fat percentage.

Congratulations on your awesome fat loss.
          Thanks man, appreciate it! I don't see myself putting on a large amount of muscle mass but we'll see I guess.
          Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

Originally posted by trekfan
            Current Stats: Weight 138 lbs, Body Fat 15.1% (20.8 lbs), BMI 21.2
            If he adds five pounts of muscle, that ups his bodyweight to 143 w/ 20.8 lbs of fat, or 14.5%; ofc, the extra five pounds of muscle should help burn off some fat, too.

Comment

Working...
            X