how do you space your vitamin intake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you space your vitamin intake?

I just took about 12 pills at once, after eating chicken.

Got the b, got the d, got your fishy oils, got the mag.

I don't take mag concurrent with other supplements and meds.

Of course I take mag citrate, which tends to help things move along a little faster. I'm not so sure I want my supplements and meds rushed along, so I take the mag a few hours prior to other stuff in the evening.

If you are taking the milder Mag gly. I'm sure it's fine.
    I just need the Mag cit. for a specific reason.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Well, let's see, I take none in the morning, none at lunch and none at bedtime. Evenly spaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Well, let's see, I take none in the morning, none at lunch and none at bedtime. Evenly spaced.
        (That's) What she said...
        Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
        Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
        Current weight: 210.8 lbs
        Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
        ChooseMyPlate

Comment

that's cool for the bird but i'm over here, pushing it to the limit

Comment

Originally posted by The Return of Dado View Post
            that's cool for the bird but i'm over here, pushing it to the limit
            And you think I'm not? At the moment I'm enjoying a cup of tea but I also climb tall mountains with nary a vitamin pill.

Comment

And you think I'm not? At the moment I'm enjoying a cup of tea but I also climb tall mountains with nary a vitamin pill.
              Ok, good. I was starting to feel vitamin performance anxiety cause I just take one regular multi a day!

Comment

I just don't like this myth of "we" the athletic people need our supplements because we are pushing it to the limit and we need to enhance our performance.

If anything, a sedentary person needs supplements more that an active one. If one is sedentary, their calorie requirements are lower. It's easier to take in all the nutritious foods you need in a larger calorie volume than with a limited one.

Comment

I'd like to add that the supplements that I do take, and there are several, are all specifically to combat the effects of a really harsh prescription medication on my body.

If it weren't for the meds... a multi would be it.
                  Maybe a shot of B's for an energy boost as needed, and some mag to help sleep or some extra mag if in needed some help that Mag cit is known to provide.
                  That's all.
                  “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                  And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

My primary supplement intake is Omega-3s, and they come in convenient "herring" format.
                    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                    ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                      My primary supplement intake is Omega-3s, and they come in convenient "herring" format.
                      Yup, the only supplements I take are a regular can of whole sardines, and a dose of concentrated Arizona sunlight every day.
                      Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                        Yes. I like the "sardine" format as well for that supplement.

But seriously, Dado, if you eat your nutrients as a normal part of your diet, then you don't need to concern yourself with the timing of the pills which deliver a large plop of <whatever nutrient> into your system all at once as opposed to the more gradual absorption of digestion of real food.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                          Yup, the only supplements I take are a regular can of whole sardines, and a dose of concentrated Arizona sunlight every day.
                          Good idea. There is vitamin D all over my deck and I am in here talking to you guys? Where's my bikini? See ya later.

Comment

well, i started taking the b complex after chocotaco told us he reversed his baldness

Comment

I did a quick google but all the sources seem to agree on these as sure bets in terms of vitamin B content:

Liver
                              Beef
                              Tuna
                              Oats
                              Turkey
                              Brazil nuts
                              Bananas
                              Potatoes
                              Avocados
                              Legumes
                              Kefir

Other than the oats and legumes, that sounds very Primal to me. You need to tell Chaco that real men are not squeamish about eating liver.

Comment

Working...
                              X