No announcement yet.

Whats the best minimalist moisturiser?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the best minimalist moisturiser?

Fragrances irritate my skin, so even moisturisers that claim to be "natural" or "organic" I avoid. I've been using jojoba oil for a while which works fine (it seems to be a popular choice on this forum). I tried extra virgin olive oil for a few days, put some in my hair at night, washed it off the next morning, which made my hair less dry. It also has the benefit of being significantly cheaper than jojoba oil.

Is olive oil better than jojoba oil? Is there any good evidence of which is the most beneficial for skin (you can get lots of hits googling, but its all pseudo science from what I saw)? So what do you guys use?
    http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

I use coconut oil. I love it and it smells great!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

I've used coconut oil, jojoba, camellia, and shea butter, depending on the season and how dry my skin is.

Comment

Jojoba is closer to your natural sebum than olive oil. Personally, I am in love with coconut oil.
        ~Blog~

Comment

Coconut oil -- face, body, hair.

Comment

jojoba, coconut, or grapeseed.
            my primal journal:
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

I like argan oil.

Comment

I love emu oil and jojoba oil.
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Coconut oil. I use jojoba right now, but for some reason my dry skin looks dry again a few hours later. That doesn't happen with coconut oil. If olive oil works for you, I'd use that. I don't think it makes a whole heck of a lot of difference.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

I've been slathering coconut oil on my sunburn lately and it's been making my skin all nice. Takes forever to absorb, but I just do it before bed and it's gone by the time I wake up.

I don't usually put anything on my face. I just rub thoroughly with hot water at the conclusion of my shower (when the pores are all open and whatnot). I don't really break out much anymore. When I do, though, a mix of castor oil and olive oil works pretty well. You don't have to use olive oil, though. Just castor oil and whatever other oil you want. The next time I do it I'll probably use coconut oil because I don't buy olive oil anymore. Anyway, you rub it on your face, put a hot washcloth on your face to steam-clean, take it off when it gets cold, then wipe off oil residue. Works super well.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

I use a tiny fingernail's worth of coconut oil, rub it in my hands to melt it (most of the year), then massage into my face after a shower. Nothing more. I choose to use the non-smell kind for moisturizer. Works great anywhere - makes my tattoo glisten like it's new. Just don't use too much - a wee bit is enough. I'm 52 and my skin is dewy soft.

Comment

I love coconut oil for cooking, but I found that using it as a moisturizer made my skin itch like crazy! I've started applying castor oil while still in/just after the shower and have had great results. I've always had really dry legs and a problem with heat-aggravated eczema, but the castor oil has kept my legs pretty itch-free and soft.

Good luck!
                          Live Clean, Love Hard. Or vice versa.

Female! Height: 5'10.5" HW: 161 SW: 135 CW: 124 GW: Whatever number my body wants to be when I'm eating and moving well - trying to get that muscle mass up.

Comment

I find coconut oil makes my skin feel tight and dry so if I'm in need of moisturizer I use olive oil (when I'm still damp from a shower) or cocoa butter. Lard is a good moisturizer for hands. I usually put some on before bed. That way I don't have to worry about the greasy hands and by morning they are nice and soft.

Comment

Coconut oil.

Comment

Working...
                              X