Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best minimalist moisturiser?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Coconut oil, and if you can find coconut oil mixed with beeswax I find that works really well.

    Comment


    • #17
      I use Emu oil.. use it on my hair to.. works lovely.

      Have tried quite a few others but dident like to results as well. (Except Argan oil for my hair.. that was good)
      Coconut oil makes my hair feel brittle for some reason...
      Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

      http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

      Comment


      • #18
        Coconut oil gave me a rash on my face.

        I use Olive Virgin Oil from DHC. Works fantastic.

        Comment


        • #19
          once i stopped using facial cleansers, i stopped needing moisturizers. go figure, right? i use a face cloth in the shower just to slough off dead skin. i take hot baths a few times a week and hold the hot cloth over my nose and chin, where i tend to get clogged pores. if i have been overzealous with the cloth, i dab a bit of olive oil on my cheeks.

          i use coconut oil on the ends of my hair every so often.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

          Ernest Hemingway

          Comment


          • #20
            Water is the best moisturizer. Clean your body with it and drink it. Everything else is fluff.
            Primal Journal | MikeZentz.com

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by mikezentz View Post
              Water is the best moisturizer. Clean your body with it and drink it.
              Oh, is that what I'm supposed to do with it?? I couldn't figure out why I had several holes in my apartment where water came out if you turned a knob. I was going to call maintenance about it, but then I figured out I could splash it on my cats for a good laugh. I had no idea you were supposed to use water to clean your body and drink!! I've just been rubbing myself down with sand and drinking my own piss. This paleo stuff is nuts.

              _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                Oh, is that what I'm supposed to do with it?? I couldn't figure out why I had several holes in my apartment where water came out if you turned a knob. I was going to call maintenance about it, but then I figured out I could splash it on my cats for a good laugh. I had no idea you were supposed to use water to clean your body and drink!! I've just been rubbing myself down with sand and drinking my own piss. This paleo stuff is nuts.
                Happy to be of service
                Primal Journal | MikeZentz.com

                Comment


                • #23
                  Emu oil has a fantastic fatty acid profile. It's exceptionally close to our own sebum.

                  Shea butter is also wonderful and smells delicious.
                  A Post-Primal PrimalPat

                  Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Anytime I wash my hands, I always use either coconut oil, olive oil, or unsalted grass-fed butter afterwards. I use coconut oil for my hair and face, sometimes olive oil.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                      Oh, is that what I'm supposed to do with it?? I couldn't figure out why I had several holes in my apartment where water came out if you turned a knob. I was going to call maintenance about it, but then I figured out I could splash it on my cats for a good laugh. I had no idea you were supposed to use water to clean your body and drink!! I've just been rubbing myself down with sand and drinking my own piss. This paleo stuff is nuts.
                      Gravyboat, I lubb you.
                      Steph
                      My Primal Meanderings

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I am kinda new to coconut oil, is there a specific type that is a little less smelly than others? I used my sister's, it had gold in the title, and the smell drove me crazy after awhile so I had to wash it off.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by onalark View Post
                          Gravyboat, I lubb you.
                          <3<3

                          _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Loulou View Post
                            I am kinda new to coconut oil, is there a specific type that is a little less smelly than others? I used my sister's, it had gold in the title, and the smell drove me crazy after awhile so I had to wash it off.
                            Yes, get the refined expeller-pressed stuff. It has no smell or taste. (I hate the regular stuff too)

                            _-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                              I think about this everytime someone says jojoba!!! Lol
                              Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                                Yes, get the refined expeller-pressed stuff. It has no smell or taste. (I hate the regular stuff too)
                                Awesome that is exactly that I'll get. Thanks!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X