Christian/Creation PB followers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohannaAnderson View Post
    I am a Christian and a creationist. I don't believe that the earth is millions of years old. I believe that Adam and Eve were created by God fully human. However, I also think it is absolutely correct that people were healthier before the agricultural revolution, regardless of how long or short a time that was. So I am following a primal/paleo diet (working on the lifestyle part) without buying into the evolution piece.
    Welcome! I still say we need to start a group for us!
    Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
      Welcome! I still say we need to start a group for us!
      Build it, and we'll be knocking at the doorstep(s). . I just hope it's a group able to sustain itself.
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• I don't believe in evolution. If you found a planet without life, but could support life and planted grass on it--in a billion years that planet would be covered in grass. No way there would be trees and moss and fungus and amphibians and reptiles...or groks.

There has to be something else going on...God? I doubt it, not the way it has been explained anyway. Something else? I'd bet money it's something else.

Why does it always boil down to God or Evolution? Couldn't there be another answer?

The argument 'if it wasn't random accidents it has to have been God' just doesn't work for me. Nor does 'if it wasn't God then evolution is true'.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
          Why does it always boil down to God or Evolution? Couldn't there be another answer?
          Aliens.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly
            disdain for rednecks?

surely you've missed something.

try to find a group of humans that I don't disdain.

I would only fit in if they were satanists P.A.G.A.N. - YouTube
            I watched. I giggled. I think you are sweet for sending me such an entertaining link!
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
              On the way out of...?

Comment

That would certainly explain your presence in this thread.
                Thanks, you must be sayin' I'm way smarter than you stupid human species. When will you moron humans learn to take care of yourselves instead of relying on government?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                  Aliens.
                  How did you quote me on a post that wasn't mine?

Comment

• Hi GeorgiaPeach!
                    I think I understand your question: you're not asking to debate evolution versus creation. You are asking if anyone approaches the Primal Lifestyle from a set of premises that are different from those presented. I get it and yes I do. In the Primal Blueprint, the primary message is to live life in a way that "fit's your genes." How our genes came to be is a different question. While I ascribe to creationist rather than evolutionist premises, I'm REALLY not interested in a "Primal Bluepriint for Creationists" version of the book. I'm fine with how it's presented.
                    Peace, VWMarv.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                      How did you quote me on a post that wasn't mine?
                      I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Comment

• Hi GeorgiaPeach!

Howya' doing with this rowdy bunch? I still check here - obviously. If you throw a very specific thought of yours up here re Primal and Creation / Christianity, I promise to consider and respond as close as I possibly can to the topic.

I believe I have read each post, but while you asked for our input (and got it in spades, just not how you had hoped ), I somehow don't have a definite, concise statement from your side onto which I can hang.

Give it a try?
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                          Hi GeorgiaPeach!

Howya' doing with this rowdy bunch? I still check here - obviously. If you throw a very specific thought of yours up here re Primal and Creation / Christianity, I promise to consider and respond as close as I possibly can to the topic.

I believe I have read each post, but while you asked for our input (and got it in spades, just not how you had hoped ), I somehow don't have a definite, concise statement from your side onto which I can hang.

Give it a try?

I am a young-Earth creationist, and I take a literal approach to interpreting Genesis.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                            It's a little rude to say that, if I agree with what someone says, I have to accept every single thing they say without question.

Having said that, I actually do believe in evolution. I'm just showing the failings of your statement. Blind devotion to ANY authority is dangerous.
                            I think you're absolutely right to say that blind devotion to any viewpoint is wrong. My argument was a question of scale. It seems weird that many of us primal eaters have accepted the science behind the way we are eating, but some in this thread haven't accepted the reasons why primal works. We are used to questioning doctors and nutritionists, so of course we should question geneticists/geologists/paleontologists too. But there are hundreds of millions of them, as opposed to probably thousands of primal-friendly nutritionists. Why should we have faith in one group and trust our health to them, but not trust the other scientists who are working on a much more mainstream and generally accepted theory?

I respect religious and philosophical beliefs and think that they can happily exist alongside science. I would not dream of telling someone that there is no God. Just because evolution makes sense, doesn't mean that religions automatically don't make sense too. I only have a problem with literalism. Whether God was involved or not, it definitely still took billions of years to happen. And we did evolve from, and remain, apes.

Are you really going to look at all the plastics in your home and the gas in your car, and the fact that oil companies spend billions drilling this stuff up, and say that they geologists could tell them where to drill, based on a guess and crossed fingers? Cos that's not what happens. They know where to find the oil because there's a sequence of stratigraphic layers, laid down by geological processes and identifiable by the fact there's a particular sequence of fossils in them. Are you going to tell them, that their entire career, their entire knowledge, is based on a lie?

Some put their faith in religious leaders and that's their choice, I'm not going to say that your favourite priest/rabi/imam is maliciously lying to you. But their knowledge is based on a single ancient book. It may have some wisdom in it but it's still just one book. Put that on a weighing scale against all the evidence that's been published in the last 200 years about this theory.

Questioning the mechanisms of evolution and how it relates to religions, is on par with questioning your doctor's outdated ideas about cholesterol. Denying evolution happened at all is more like breaking a bone and saying to the doctor, I don't believe you can fix me, I don't believe in bones, because I can't see them.
                            Last edited by CaveWeirdo; 06-28-2012, 02:54 PM.
                            Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
                            Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
                            Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
                            WOE: Primal + IF
                            Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
                            Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Comment

• Now I'll keep my promise:

I actually own the entire Answers in Genesis grades 1 - 8 science curriculum. Ken Ham is not my very favorite guy, but I have got to give it to him in the passion and energy department. One of these days I will actually go to the Creation Museum just to see and read everything.

My own personal theology is evolving at the moment, so I can't say to you what I am specifically (because I don't yet know myself), beyond a core spirituality, which I put on this thread earlier.

One of the reasons I got this curriculum, besides the concise work it makes of elem sci, is because I wanted several science viewpoints in our schoolroom (what we call the room where we keep our homeschool supplies, desks, books, and other materials). There is no separating religion and science, at least as far as the corporate public discussion is concerned, and I couldn't countenance JUST an evolutionary, or JUST a young-earth view, as the kiddos would run into all sides once they left my house.

One of Ghandi's Seven Sins is "Science without Humility", and I chose to bring the "humility" portion into our education with a healthy dose of Christian thought.

As far as the Primal - since I am neither Ken Ham's protege nor a leading scientist, I don't get hung up on either. I came to the Primal actually from a tangent - I was out looking for new recipes for a disabled daughter with a strict diet that closely resembles the Primal, and ended up on the MDA. My ever-present curiosity got the better of me - as always - and here I am, 8 weeks later, experimenting successfully on myself with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post

My own personal theology is evolving at the moment,.
                                Have you ever considered joining the infernal host?

the electric hellfire club-kiss the goat - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X