Christian/Creation PB followers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
    BTW, if you have a better theory as to why the Pharaohs got fat, let's hear it...
    The power of a god king doesn't fit into a lean body very well.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• I guess dates were popular in ancient Egypt. Some of the Pharaohs had rotted teeth. I bet they made pastries with dates and honey.

Comment

• Making eunuchs of the slaves attending court was very popular among Egyptians... they tend to go fat from lack of proper hormones as they age.
        Not all mummies are Pharaohs... some are royal family, royal family attendants, and rich whose family could afford the procedure.

Also... the actual Royal families didn't have to do much of anything that normal people did... except eat and crap. Nope... can't imagine how living a lifestyle that involves being treated as a God, family relation of God, or best buddy of God and lying about being fanned, drinking copious amounts of wine, and being fed from an all you can eat buffet of foods including sweets all day long could possibly make one fat at all if one were into a bit of gluttony back then... Not a bit.
        Last edited by cori93437; 06-24-2012, 11:10 PM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Okay, so next time I refer to obese ancient Egyptians, I'll call them sedentary date and grain eaters so as to not sound so cute.

Comment

• I had an "aha!" moment a little bit ago on this topic. I realized I feel pretty superstitious about keeping this stone rabbit in my car as a memory of my mom. If someone told me there's no logic to it, I would tell them to shove up their you-know-where.

I think different people need to be reasoned with in different ways. My argument makes sense to me and a lot of other people, but those who are truly into their religion do not seem to budge. I have some feelings on why that is, but basically I think you disagreeing folks me might need an alternate option to go to. You're thinking "if not this god, then what?" and I'm going to show you "that god and belief system". Tomorrow...

Comment

• I'm still trying to figure out why you feel the need to convince us there isn't a God.

Especially after we haven't tried to convince you to believe there is one.

We've just been telling you that it's not impossible and that we believe there is. If you don't, I'm fine with that. And I promise not to make any laws in the mean time.
              Durp.

Comment

• We should probably all get together and sing Kumbaya around a campfire.

I'll make s'mores!
                If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                  We should probably all get together and sing Kumbaya around a campfire.

I'll make s'mores!
                  Wrapped in bacon?!
                  Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
                    Wrapped in bacon?!
                    How about we skip the s'mores and roast bacon wrapped squirrels? No, we'll make bacon and squirrel s'mores! With bits of liver for the marshmallow!

Comment

How about we skip the s'mores and roast bacon wrapped squirrels? No, we'll make bacon and squirrel s'mores! With bits of liver for the marshmallow!
                      The next squirrel I bag, I'm gonna seriously try this on...
                      Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                      Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                      Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                      Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                      ChooseMyPlate

Comment

• Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                        The next squirrel I bag, I'm gonna seriously try this on...
                        Yeah, I like that idea too. You could probably bake them wrapped in bacon a lot easier though. Maybe put the liver in the body cavity, wrap in bacon, and bake until the bacon crisps.

Comment

I dunno... Skipping chocolate never sounds like a good idea to me...
                          Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• The reason why I jumped on this topic is precisely because believer often approach me, and try to convert me. The bible commands them to do so!
                            Also, I CAN NOT STAND anybody who claims to know something for a fact, when they do not. And that is what faith requires. Not only that, but there is no legitimate reason, at least that I am aware of, to "believe". Not none.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
                              Yeah, I suppose they could have gorged themselves on fruits and tubers, but considering that they had fields of wheat readily available to them, I'm guessing they gorged themselves on grains instead.
                              I was mostly referring to your ridiculous assertions about Paleolithic Venus statues being evidence of high grain consumption, for which the only justify action you provided was "fat=grains".
                              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                                I was mostly referring to your ridiculous assertions about Paleolithic Venus statues being evidence of high grain consumption, for which the only justify action you provided was "fat=grains".
                                So, do you think there have been obese people since the beginning of the human race?

Please, put forth your own theories instead of just laughing at mine. If you have better theories, then why not present them to us instead of just trying to act like a know-it-all?

I don't see why I can't make that assumption. Wild cereal grain eating started about that time as far as we know, as well as sedentary tribes forming about that time also as a result of eating wild grains.

Explain to me why I can't make that connection. That is what discussions are supposed to be about -- learning from each other. It's not about trying to prove who is smarter than the other, or trying to make someone else feel dumb.

Comment

Working...
                                X