Christian/Creation PB followers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spubba View Post
    Same here. I'm being told how to live my life every day. For example? This morning, if I wanted to buy an alcoholic drink, I COULDN'T. It is against the law here to buy booze on Sundays until such-and-such o'clock. And some areas are dry (no alcohol sales at all). Explain to me why my freedoms are being limited to appease your god?

I suppose if the majority of us happened to be Buddhists instead of Christians, eating meat would be illegal, and that would be ok?

There's more.

Christians? Explain how you believe in live-and-let-live and how you're all very nice people, really, and you just love baby jesus and angels and Thomas Kinkaide paintings. I call horseshit on that one. But ohhhh, we want to get all butthurt and whine and cry about fighting and off-topicness and 'disrespect' on this thread and Koom-bye-yah can't we all just get along, apes bananas monkeys fighting something civil discourse my god can beat up your god blah blah blah. Cry me a river and go clutch your pearls somewhere else.

I still say PB and Christianity can't co-exist because of (a) 6000-year-old earth, no Paleo era at all and (b) what the scriptures say about diet, see below. I'm not sure about Islam as I'm not as familiar with it.

Every herb yielding seed is describing grains. Eat 'em up. The Lord commands it!
    Not all Christians are the same, bible-thumpers you describe. The Bible is not taken by many Christians as literal interpretation. Atheists should, of course, legally be able to hold office in any branch of government, local or national. I also believe the liquor prohibition on Sundays is bullshit, and it was probably enacted so that people would go to church instead of stay home and get drunk. It's bullshit, you're right. But, what confounds me, is that so many non-Christians will try to lump all Christians together in some fundamentalist, creationist, hate-mongering, irrational faction of stupidity. All those who identify as Christian do not believe the same things, or act the same.

P.S. I do not identify myself in as a "Christian."
    Last edited by Rasputina; 06-24-2012, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• People must have been eating grains prior to agriculture.[1]

These were probably the first fat women on the face of the Earth and they had to document it somehow.

[1] Venus of Laussel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
        If there was ever proof that we evolved from apes, it's you guys on this thread looking like a bunch of monkeys fighting over bananas.
        And what is so derogatory about fighting over bananas?
        Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
        There are plenty of concepts/practices held by people on this board that do match up with PB/paleo. Yet, I'm not going around labeling you as a hypocrite because you eat dairy or beans and legumes or chcocolate. I'm 100% strict paleo. But I'm not jumpin on your threads and arguing about your approaches when you give a recipe that included rice or whatever.
        Because one's choice of rice does not affect me. One's belief in a heaven is quite a good start to doing crazy things here on Earth and messing it up for everyone else, including me.
        Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
        Point being, I asked a specific question, and only the truely intelligent were able to simply answer it...
        Intelligence doesn't make you obedient. I and others have made very intelligent points that you or other debators have been able to say almost nothing to besides "I simply believe."

Originally posted by JBailey View Post
        Yeah. I'd be happy not to care, but people are making laws that cause my household hardship based on their choices of religion. And people get hurt & killed over choices of religion. So it's basic self-preservation to care what craziness people believe. Sad, but true.
        This is exactly why I am posting.

Originally posted by summoora View Post
        No matter how far back you go, whether you believe in evolution or not, everything comes from something. If you keep backtracking, eventually you need some everlasting catalyst, the reason that anything exists at all. That's God. Science is all about cause and effect. Evolution doesn't explain what caused our existence. It's just a theory as to what we come from.
        First of all, evolution does explain our existance. Around 4 billion years ago, the self-replicating process of RNA in dirt developed into the common ancestor for all of life on Earth. 2 billion years ago, first complex cells. 600 million years ago, first simple animals. 200 million years ago, first mammals. 55 million years ago, first primates. 10 million years ago, our ancestors diverge from gorillas. 3 million years ago, early man.

The catalyst all along has been physics. The properties of basic physics are thus: things attract and repel, things are always in motion. This means that matter groups together and dissipates as time goes by. DNA, life's code, is basically able to corral this matter and organize it. Since matter is always in motion, naturally DNA will always change. This physics reason for DNA changing is why evolution can occur. The "more fit for their environment for long enough to replicate themselves" cells are the ones which replicate themselves more, and that is how natural selection "selects" the species which survive and die.

If you don't just throw your hands up and say "must be god!" then you would see all the answers are there...

Originally posted by summoora View Post
        Somewhere else you mention that in order to have a religion, you have to believe man is flawed. You say that like it's a bad thing to believe. 1. According to the theory of evolution, natural selection doesn't make perfect, just good enough, and 2. If religion is flawed but also man-made, then man is inherently flawed.

perfect according to dictionary: entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings
        flawed: having imperfections

Also, religion's most important goal is the worship of God. God created us, to Him we return, we exist to praise Him and do what He orders us to do. Without that, religion is just a social contract. In other words, the point of religion is not that man is flawed or "I know the perfect way to live." It's, "God is perfect, I am convinced this message is from God, so I follow it." I'm Muslim, and I don't try to take pieces from my religion and leave others. I will stand by anything in the quran or verified to have been said by our prophet, peace be upon him. I have a strong background in science and don't find that the two contradict each other. In fact, the ink of a scholar is more valuable in Islam than the blood of a martyr.
        I never said that "in order to have a religion, you have to believe man is flawed." What I said is that people thought man is flawed instead of their way of life being flawed. The totalitarian agricultural religions reinforced this notion, allowing them to expand to cover the world. If people realized their way of life was flawed, they surely would have quit it just like the Anasazi or the Hohokam people did. They walked away.

WTF are you talking about with your next points? Flawed in the sense of our society's belief means unfixable. That's why religion then says this is only a temporary world, and there is heaven or hell afterwards. Humans are not "perfect", otherwise they would leap buildings in a single bound and blow fireballs out of their ass. Humans are natural, as they are a result of natural selection. That makes them an animal just like lions, tigers, and bears.

"If your religion is flawed but also man-made, then man is inherently flawed." .......I have no idea what you mean here. If you are suggesting that if humans actually did make up the religion, and they wrote a flawed religion: then they must be flawed? No, that means they made a mistake. Evolved creatures make mistakes. Sometimes they go extinct because of them.

No shit that the point of religion is for you to follow your god. Your god that you call perfect tells you things like "this is the right way to live" and "man is flawed". You do not have a strong background in science. You might know some applicable material like medical science or engineering, but you do not get the base of it.
        Last edited by wiltondeportes; 06-24-2012, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• I haven't commented because I haven't read any of the lengthy comments you guys have posted. I didn't subscribe to a post about a debate on the issue. So I have been scanning for the relevant info I was looking for. Simply put, this is not a debate for me, so I don't care to respond. I'm busy making coconut milk yogurt and fermented veggies!
          Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• We've been eating cereal grains since at least 19,400 BP.[1] But I think those Venus' from 25,000 BC indicate we've been eating cereal grains even earlier than that. The excavation at Ohalo is the earliest known sedentary community.[2]

[1] Ohalo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            [2] Cradle of civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
              We've been eating cereal grains since at least 19,400 BP.[1] But I think those Venus' from 25,000 BC indicate we've been eating cereal grains even earlier than that. The excavation at Ohalo is the earliest known sedentary community.[2]

[1] Ohalo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              [2] Cradle of civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              a) there is archaeological evidence that cereal grains were gathered for food before agriculture and b) cereal grains are not the only way to get fat. Force-feeding for extended periods of time on any easily digested food (such as well-cooked starchy roots) will get you obese too. I don't think the existence of fat women is evidence that they were necessarily eating wheat and millet, though they could have been. I think it's more likely evidence that resources were abundant enough that some women could be overfed habitually, perhaps out of some religious/fertility significance, or perhaps because there was a cultural beauty norm that idolized female obesity.
              Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Ok... since when are Venus statues about cultures of FAT women???
                They are not.
                They are exaggerated representations of fecundity/mother/goddess.
                Just like there were male statues with enormous phallus representations for fertility/father/god.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Grok, like Cori said these representations of Venus were idealized representations; you can't conclude that those cultures ate copious amount of grain from their art.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• >>Point being, I asked a specific question, and only the truely intelligent were able to simply answer it...<<

How smart is it to attack the intelligence of others because things are not going the way you want? Why not just pick up your toys and go home instead of sticking your tongue out?

Comment

• Originally posted by isbolick View Post
                      >>Point being, I asked a specific question, and only the truely intelligent were able to simply answer it...<<

How smart is it to attack the intelligence of others because things are not going the way you want? Why not just pick up your toys and go home instead of sticking your tongue out?
                      Because metaphorically speaking, this thread is my home.

Comment

• That's odd...
                        I thought this thread was in an open forum on the internet where literally anyone can come and go as they please.
                        Definitely not a place I'd call "home".
                        YMMV
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          That's odd...
                          I thought this thread was in an open forum on the internet where literally anyone can come and go as they please.
                          YMMV
                          My point is, I started the thread and it went way off topic. Others throw spit balls on other threads if someone takes it that far. They tell them to start another thread. So I have the right to stick my tongue out if I so choose.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                            That's odd...
                            YMMV
                            Gee, you figured that out and you are one of the stupid ones.

Comment

Because metaphorically speaking, this thread is my home.
                              Listen, I have refrained from saying anything about Georgia this whole time and believe me, it wasn't easy. Why get so snarky?

Sweetie, you don't own it. You framed the question and threw it out there for the masses to do with it what they would. And what the masses do with any question regarding religion is to pretty quickly start discussing their own beliefs. Especially on an OPEN FORUM (can I say that enough??) largely populated by people independent enough to eschew grains and dairy in the name of health.

I will tell you what I told my kids the whole time they were growing up: When someone calls you names, it says less about you and more about them.

Comment

My point is, I started the thread and it went way off topic. Others throw spit balls on other threads if someone takes it that far. They tell them to start another thread. So I have the right to stick my tongue out if I so choose.
                                And if Johnny jumps off of a bridge, are you going to?

Think of it this way...what would Jesus do? Call people stupid? You know, I just don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X