Christian/Creation PB followers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    ...If there was ever proof that we evolved from apes, it's you guys on this thread looking like a bunch of monkeys fighting over bananas...
    Surely, that's a proof for de-evolution.
    All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

• Originally posted by pdjesson View Post
      Surely, that's a proof for de-evolution.
      surely no one actually misunderstands evolutionary theory to the point that they believe it says we're descended from apes?

of course maybe they also believe that snakes can talk and the world is 6000 years old too so...

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
        of course maybe they also believe that snakes can talk and the world is 6000 years old too so...

And more intelligently than some people.
        Don't let anybody tell you, "You can't" just because they can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
          surely no one actually misunderstands evolutionary theory to the point that they believe it says we're descended from apes?

I hadn't realised that posters were being held to such high standards in their ramblings.
          All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do any of you not believe in evolution and follow PB and Paleo for the health and other scientific support behind the diet and lifestyle? Christians, creationist, etc.

Edited: warning this thread contains content that has nothing to do with this topic... Your time would be better spent talking to a box of doughnuts.
            Yes.

& I generally avoid talking to donuts.. unless I want people to give me a wide birth in the supermarket .. (even then I preffer to talk to the bananas)
            Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
              Yes.

& I generally avoid talking to donuts.. unless I want people to give me a wide birth in the supermarket .. (even then I preffer to talk to the bananas)
              Sometimes I talk to donuts just so people WILL give me a wide berth in the supermarket.

Bananas are just too flirtatious for my sensibilities.
              Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                Sometimes I talk to donuts just so people WILL give me a wide berth in the supermarket.

Bananas are just too flirtatious for my sensibilities.
                Well there is that, but if you start talking to the donuts, then you feel obligated to invite them home for tea....

I find talking to myself works best.. especially if you carry on a 3 way conversation with different voices for each participant...

Ive literally seen people back out of the isle to avoid me LOL
                Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by DinoHunter View Post
                  Well there is that, but if you start talking to the donuts, then you feel obligated to invite them home for tea....

I find talking to myself works best.. especially if you carry on a 3 way conversation with different voices for each participant...

Ive literally seen people back out of the isle to avoid me LOL
                  Reminds me of when I had to get a gaming card for my old job, and the place you get it is the same place you go to visit your parole officer. No way anyone would ever be intimidated by me, so I figured if one of the gangbangers messed with me I'd just start yelling odd nonsensical things. They still wouldn't think I was a badass, but every man on the planet instinctively does his best to avoid the crazy women.

Didn't have to use it. I'm a little disappointed.
                  Durp.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, do any of you not believe in evolution and follow PB and Paleo for the health and other scientific support behind the diet and lifestyle?
                    Do you? It's not clear, perhaps you are just being provocative. Having been proselytized 3 times in the last 24 hours I'm curious, am I allowed to be a Christian w/o a belief in creationism or am I condemned to hell as these other 3 folks seem to think?
                    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                      Reminds me of when I had to get a gaming card for my old job, and the place you get it is the same place you go to visit your parole officer. No way anyone would ever be intimidated by me, so I figured if one of the gangbangers messed with me I'd just start yelling odd nonsensical things. They still wouldn't think I was a badass, but every man on the planet instinctively does his best to avoid the crazy women.

Didn't have to use it. I'm a little disappointed.
                      Reminds me of a program I watched a few years ago, where an Inuit man was being interviewed about the Inuit way of life years back. He was asked what the community did about people who might be mentally ill. He said, with a smile on his face, that someone would take him out hunting and push him off the edge of the ice.
                      Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                      SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                      2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

• Originally posted by IvyBlue View Post
                        Do you? It's not clear, perhaps you are just being provocative. Having been proselytized 3 times in the last 24 hours I'm curious, am I allowed to be a Christian w/o a belief in creationism or am I condemned to hell as these other 3 folks seem to think?
                        You'll get no argument from me. I totally agree, theologically.

Hmm. So far, my Inbox is wonderfully empty.

Maybe I'm beyond saving.
                        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                          Reminds me of a program I watched a few years ago, where an Inuit man was being interviewed about the Inuit way of life years back. He was asked what the community did about people who might be mentally ill. He said, with a smile on his face, that someone would take him out hunting and push him off the edge of the ice.
                          So when I get an invitation to go hunting with the guys, I'm thinking maybe I should just stay home that day.
                          Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                            I have been in the stage of "could aliens have been god?" and it makes zero sense when analyzed. There is a clear evolutionary tree that we come from. There is no reason for aliens to legimately create us here. There's nowhere for them to fit in, and once more, there's no need for them.

I will say though that we do not fully know human history. I think that there have been advanced civilizations in the past here on Earth. This is simply evidenced in their knowledge of astronomy and stone masonry. It could end there, or it could be more. We have not solved the deepest answers of physics yet, so we don't know what is necessary for, say, space travel. It's hard for us to imagine a technological society without office buildings and computers, but that's just because we've only seen it this way.

Now going back to your thought that all religions talk about similar things, so they must be true? Firstly, let's throw aside Atlantis talk. I'm not really aware of this in all or really any religion at all. If this was so, I would categorize it as possibly an historical account but nothing more. Secondly, the reason all of these modern religions say similar things is because they have the same origin! Our totalitarian agriculture society. They have their eccentricities like East vs West and more minor details like whether Jesus or God is the main god of worship. The bottomline about their commanalities is they are memes derived from the agricultural revolution. These memes logically came about, and it is because of these memes in particular that the agricultural society we live in still exists today! I've already discussed them. I will come back and explain their roots if you want. Although honestly, I might just write it tomorrow for the educational value of anyone reading the thread.
                            I recently learned about how Proverbs was a copy of the Instruction of Amenemope.[1] Here is one example...

(Proverbs 22:17-18):"Incline thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, And apply thine heart to my doctrine; For it is pleasant if thou keep them in thy belly, that they may be established together upon thy lips"

(Amenemope, ch. 1):"Give thine ear, and hear what I say, And apply thine heart to apprehend; It is good for thee to place them in thine heart, let them rest in the casket of thy belly; That they may act as a peg upon thy tongue"

Indeed, if you consider a Middle Stone Age[2] hunter-gatherer band societies[3], their religion was probably that of the elders who told stories of how their family or clan arose maybe a few generations ago. These older generations were essentially Gods to these prehistoric people. Eventually over time, the band societies formed alliances and tribes and technology grew to the point where humans had more leisure time for things like art. This was roughly 50,000 years ago according to current theory[4]. Some of these tribes in fertile lands grew large and they learned to domesticate animals and grow food. I'm willing to bet ancient Egyptian Gods were actually real live hunter-gatherer cave men who founded the clan many generations ago. Names like Amun and Ra actually sound like a typical caveman name. I bet Osiris and Isis were at one time actual people. However I don't think Isis resurrected Osiris to conceive Horus, I think the true story is that Isis had a child out of wedlock and she made up that story to explain being pregnant and not married. She wanted a son to avenge the death of her husband and to kill her brother-in-law Set.[5]

[1] Instruction of Amenemope - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            [2] Middle Stone Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            [3] Band society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            [4] Behavioral modernity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                            [5] Osiris myth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinup
                              This plays a huge part. The more others try to dictate my life with the same stuff I find ridiculous and illogical, the more I push back, and the less respect I have for it all.
                              Same here. I'm being told how to live my life every day. For example? This morning, if I wanted to buy an alcoholic drink, I COULDN'T. It is against the law here to buy booze on Sundays until such-and-such o'clock. And some areas are dry (no alcohol sales at all). Explain to me why my freedoms are being limited to appease your god?

I suppose if the majority of us happened to be Buddhists instead of Christians, eating meat would be illegal, and that would be ok?

There's more.

Six states in America constitutionally ban atheists from holding public office:

Maryland:"That no religious test ought ever to be required as a qualification for any office of profit or trust in this State, other than a declaration of belief in the existence of God; nor shall the Legislature prescribe any other oath of office than the oath prescribed by this Constitution."

Arkansas:
                              "No person who denies the being of a God shall hold any office in the civil departments of this State, nor be competent to testify as a witness in any Court."

Mississippi:
                              "No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office in this state."

South Carolina:
                              "No person who denies the existence of a Supreme Being shall hold any office under this Constitution."

Tennessee:
                              "No person who denies the being of God, or a future state of rewards and punishments, shall hold any office in the civil department of this state."

Texas:
                              "No religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office, or public trust, in this State; nor shall any one be excluded from holding office on account of his religious sentiments, provided he acknowledge the existence of a Supreme Being."
                              Christians? Explain how you believe in live-and-let-live and how you're all very nice people, really, and you just love baby jesus and angels and Thomas Kinkaide paintings. I call horseshit on that one. But ohhhh, we want to get all butthurt and whine and cry about fighting and off-topicness and 'disrespect' on this thread and Koom-bye-yah can't we all just get along, apes bananas monkeys fighting something civil discourse my god can beat up your god blah blah blah. Cry me a river and go clutch your pearls somewhere else.

I still say PB and Christianity can't co-exist because of (a) 6000-year-old earth, no Paleo era at all and (b) what the scriptures say about diet, see below. I'm not sure about Islam as I'm not as familiar with it.

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food. Genesis 1:29

Every herb yielding seed is describing grains. Eat 'em up. The Lord commands it!

Comment

• I find it interesting that things like rock tools, spears, control of fire and clothing were invented by completely different species than homo sapiens. There is evidence of clothing dating back 500,000 years[1] and the earliest homo sapien skull is 200,000 years old.[2]

[1] History of clothing and textiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                [2] Human - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Working...
                                X