Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Euro 2012 thread - Enjoy and Discuss - no racism please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel for you Soccergrok! But hey, the Italians were playing much better yesterday so it wasn't undeserved

I'm afraid Italy will repeat the 2 - 0 (or 2 - 1 when including in game penalties ), Only IF Balotelli is fit again. When not, i fear for a 1 - 1 with penalties..

Comment

Wow. Completely unreal game. Ballotelli isn't human. Both goals were well deserved and gorgeous though. Thought the PK for Germany was a bit soft at the end, but either way enjoyed watching the whole game.

I'm predicting Italy on top!

Comment

^ I agree with all 3 of you above :-)

Ballotelli is a legend. 2-1 to Italy. But I am not confident with this prediction. My mind has been blank all day in this regard. It only came to me about 20 minutes ago and when I read your prediction just now SoccerGrok then that instilled a little more confidence.

My feeling is that the first half may not see any goals, but that the second will be wild. Could go to penalties.
        F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Oh feck ... I've been proved wrong already. Anything could happen. Great match though. Am a fan of Spain as well as Italy.
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

First of all, let me congratulate Spain on a great performance. They came through and finally showed their true colors this tournament. Unfortunately, it came at the wrong time for the Italians, who I have to say, played valiantly through this tournament. Ordinarily, I don't have a lot of regard for the Italians(sorry paleo-bunny) and their style of play, but was very impressed with what they showed of late.

Had they capitalized on one of the few chances they had in the first half, it might have been a different game. It reminded me a lot of when Dino Zoff was Coaching. They were creative, and very free flowing. Prandelli deserves kudos for his job.

I felt horrible for them when Thiago-Motta came up lame with the hammie. I don't care who you support, a true futbol fan never wants to see that. Kudos to Italy and to all your supporters.

As for Spain, what can I say but DAMN! I even predicted they would lose. Guess I'll be eating Crow and a Big Shit burger tonight:-) Their class really came out, even when it was 11v11. I for one am a huge fan of the possession game, and admire
            their skill and work rate. They are a very selfless team, even considering the number of superstars in the squad. Torres proved that on the fourth goal. He could have easily taken the shot. Xavi is a genius, as was evident on the second goal. Precision pass that shredded the Italian defense. Only the second team to win 3 major tournaments in a row since West Germany. Felicidades Espana!

Sadly, this is the end of the Euros, but not futbol. League play will be starting soon, and I for one will be cheering and supporting my Blue and White Wizards of Sheffield Wednesday. Cmon U FU**ING OWLS!!! :-)

Paleo and Half Bunny, it has been a pleasure, and I hope we can continue our futbol chats in the future. For everyone else, please join us in supporting that which is true Futbol! Soccergrok out!
            Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Working...
            X