Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Euro 2012 thread - Enjoy and Discuss - no racism please!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    Originally posted by mycon View Post
    That's what happens when you have people being racist and celebrating convicted war criminals.
    What the heck do you know about what is a war criminal?
    I'm strictly going with the verdict of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia.

Do yourself a favor and don't take this primal thing too far.

Comment

tbh, Mycon, it appears your bringing what happened over there here looks liable to cause the same thing all over.
      Last edited by pdjesson; 06-24-2012, 06:25 PM.
      All the best!

PDJ

The quieter you become the more you're able to hear.

Mawlana Jalaludin Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by paleo-bunny View Post
        Yes it was a pretty boring match. Italy and England are both hot on defense. Hence my prediction.

Dado - I promise you that if Germany beat Italy with a six goal difference, I will eat my hat live on Mark's Daily Apple, along with 6 lbs of potatoes.

Italy are perfectly capable of beating Germany. Not claiming that they will though. I backed them to win the World Cup in 2006, and they nailed it. I watched them beat the Czech Republic in a bar in Umbria in the early stages and the atmosphere was amazing.
        They're capable but Germany is too strong. Italy is a sloppy mess, the way I see it. I don't understand how they got this far, Croatia should have put them away in that second half.
        Last edited by The Return of Dado; 06-24-2012, 06:17 PM.

Comment

why the frack can England not make freaking penalty kicks? How the hell hard is it? *head into desk. repeat for last god knows how many International competitions* F*CK.

Comment

Originally posted by The Return of Dado
            He goes "the ICT for the Former Yugoslavia", as if that has any bearing in reality.
            Enough bearing in reality to put the likes of Mladić, Milošević, Gotovina etc. in front of a court and into prison should they be found guilty. Gotovina got 24 years if I remember correctly?

So whatever you may think of the court, a certain "bearing in reality" is not one of the things you could deny.

Aaaaanyway.

England were surprisingly difficult to defeat for Italy. Italy really need to come to terms with their finishing ability if they actually want to have a shot at advancing to the finals.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              why the frack can England not make freaking penalty kicks? How the hell hard is it? *head into desk. repeat for last god knows how many International competitions* F*CK.
              Had my head in my hands last night, so many chances missed/fumbled!

Comment

Ok all, SG is back after a long weekend. Yes I did get to watch games, but no access to internet. Let me start with my thoughts:

Portugal v Czechs was what I expected(but not hoped:-). Can't see them beating the Spanish

Germany v Greece was what it should have been, aside from Boateng having a howler of a day. Both goals were just carelessness on the part of him. Credit to Greece though for taking their chances. Germany however should have put it away much earlier with the chances they had.

Spain v France was well, what can you say. France looked about as good as they did against Sweden and got their just rewards. Spain were deserved of their win, and still play some pretty futbol!

England v Italy well, I was right up to the end. Sorry England. I really thought you would break this curse once and for all. Although I will say that their efforts were noble and worthy. Italians just do what they have done forever in tournaments. Find a way to the end.

On to the semis and my picks/predictions:

Portugal v Spain There will be no love lost between these two countries, and I think Spain are still a separate class from Portugal. Too many attacking weapons, as opposed to Portugal who have relied heavily on what Whine-Aldo and Fanni can drum up. And lets be real, St. Iker in goal. yeah, Spain 2-0

Germany v Italy From day one, I'm sticking with the Germans as I think they are superior from top to bottom (hoping that was Boatengs mulligan day:-) Two great keepers in Nuer and of course Gigi, but if Germany attack like they have been, the Italians are done. Haven't been too impressed with Italy, and it seems they have done just enough to get there.

Germany v Spain final! Soccergrok out!!!!!
                Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Spain's style of play gets to the point of being really annoying at times. It may just have been the French though not being able to come up with a good gameplan like Italy did in the opener.

Portugal will be Spain's toughest test yet. Portugal demonstrated in their opener against Germany how well they can play ultra-defensively against a side with more ball possession, and they even got more scoring opportunities out of it than Germany.

We can expect a similar match here. Spain will have more possession than Germany did, but also less punching power up front.

There's a very good chance in my eyes for Portugal to drag this game to extra-time and maybe even win. Especially since they are a threat on the counterattack. And should Portugal trail, they also showed in their games against Denmark and Germany that they can play ultra-aggressively very well too if need be.

If anyone is going to stop Spain, it will be Portugal. Germany will beat Italy (and probably with relative ease given the last performances), but Germany's style of play just isn't going well with that of Spain. Unless Germany cooks up an entirely different gameplan to what we have seen in this tournament, they would lose against Spain.

I hope I am wrong though with this. But I have high hopes for Portugal, so my prediction is Germany vs. Portugal in the final. Germany wins the whole thing - but only if they don't have to play Spain.
                  Last edited by mycon; 06-26-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Return of Dado View Post
                    They're capable but Germany is too strong. Italy is a sloppy mess, the way I see it. I don't understand how they got this far, Croatia should have put them away in that second half.
                    The Germans are way more solid in their performance. They always are. That is what makes them so boring.

I find the Italians way more exciting when they are on form. They are always lazy and do the bare minimum in the early stages and perform best when challenged to make a comeback in the later stages.

Italy could win, Germany probably will. I would love to see an Italy-Spain final. So I call (pray) 2-1 to Italy.
                    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Damn you for making me nervous by scoring first Italy.
                      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Yep - I was so fucking right.

Comment

Go Italy - I am so looking forward to the final.

Comment

O my Balotelli.. He is a damn good player but too ripped to be healthy, for his age! (not that i mind watching )

Comment

Well, what can I say, but congrats to both Spain and Italy!

I thought the Spain v Portugal game was going to give us more, but on the day I think the better team won. However, if Spain don't figure things out soon, the final may come as a shock to them. And sorry, but I can't resist. Whine-aldo didn't even get to factor in...HAHAHAHA!

Germany v Italy, WOW! My heart sunk on the first goal, and then faded on the second. Two great strikes that were definitely worthy on the big stage. Germany had their chances, but couldn't finish. I still hold my head high:-) Italy were the better and deserved team on the day. Congratulations to them. This is what makes tournament play sooooo exciting!

On to the final and what I predict:

As I said earlier, Spain had better produce or they will suffer the same fate as the Germans. Yes, on paper Spain are the stronger team, but that means nothing in tournament play. Obviously Italy defend very well, and they counter like no one.

Spain have the potential, but(and I can't believe I'm saying this. Sorry paleo-bunny;-) I think the Italians will win. They are on the front foot and have all the momentum going into the final. My prediction, Italy 2 Spain 1 Gotta love futbol.

What say the rest of you?

Soccergrok out
                              Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Working...
                              X