The Ultimate BRAG Thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate BRAG Thread!

Got something to brag about?? Put it here!

Yesterday, the guy at the meat counter gave me two duck legs for free! I had been telling him I tried duck for the first time and absolutely loved it

Also, ten years ago, the comedian Gallagher called me fat at one of his shows. I raised my hand to volunteer for the part of "wood nymph" in his little comic skit, and he said "you're too big to be a wood nymph!". Of course I was crushed then, but now IDGAF! cuz i'm gonna be skinny and fit soon

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post

Yesterday, the guy at the meat counter gave me two duck legs for free! I had been telling him I tried duck for the first time and absolutely loved it

Also, ten years ago, the comedian Gallagher called me fat at one of his shows. I raised my hand to volunteer for the part of "wood nymph" in his little comic skit, and he said "you're too big to be a wood nymph!". Of course I was crushed then, but now IDGAF! cuz i'm gonna be skinny and fit soon
    That's awesome! Seriously, anytime I am reading about people's successes, whether that includes weight loss or not, since it just might be getting fit, or eating better, I'm excited.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

You sure he understood that you wanted duck?
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post

You're a favorite.

What do I have to brag about? My entire life.

Comment

T-bones for $2.99/lb. And these weren't piddly little proper sized t-bones. These things are more properly known as porterhouses.
          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
          My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
            You sure he understood that you wanted duck?
            Beat me to it.
            I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
              Beat me to it.
              Whew. I was beginning to think I was the only one going there. I could picture her saying "I'd like to to get a good duckling".

Comment

LOL for the record i was buying chicken wings and then asking if the duck price was each or per pound and that led to the duck story

Comment

Oh, well to contribute something (productive) to your thread, I weigh less than I did when I got married 70 years ago.

Comment

I just received 1,000 worms in the mail.

YALL JELLY

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                      T-bones for $2.99/lb. And these weren't piddly little proper sized t-bones. These things are more properly known as porterhouses.
                      awesome!! nice

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                      Oh, well to contribute something (productive) to your thread, I weigh less than I did when I got married 70 years ago.
                      woohoo! thats great!

Comment

Oh, and I tried on some old pants today. Pants that were a little snug in January. They're basically clown pants now. It's awesome.

Unfortunately, my brain still says "What happened to these pants???" instead of "What happened to my body???"

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

HAH! Finally did a proper Turkish Getup with 10 lb dumb bell. Did 5 of them!
                          Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                          My Latest Journal

Comment

Had a group of 20-something guys I know through volunteering assume I am about 25 or 26 (I'm turning 35 this year).
                            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              Had a group of 20-something guys I know through volunteering assume I am about 25 or 26 (I'm turning 35 this year).
                              awesome!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X