Quitting smoking tomorrow!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott FM View Post
    And take what you spent every week on smokes and add it to your 401k..you'll be floored by the results after a while.
    Yeah, realizing I was spending more money a month on cigarettes than I was on my truck payment was a shocker.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Haven't seen the OP around for a few days now. Perhaps all the well wishes and encouragement weren't enough? Or maybe that one he had and the one he said he may have before never smoking again, turned into more and more. Funny though, he said he knows how it works for him and had it under control. I don't know.

Maybe chime in and let us know how you are doing with it??

Comment

Originally posted by Forever Young View Post
        That odd craving will never leave you. That is the insidious nature of this drug. It is so ingrained in one's being that it is truly a lifetime thing. I quit almost 25 years ago and I still sometimes have vivid dreams where I am smoking and I can taste it like it were today.
        I heard that from friends as well, but I can tell you it wasn't like that for me. I was smoking heavily for 10 years (the two packs a day heavy), but one morning a bit more than 4 years ago woke up and was extremely disgusted with it. I tried to quit a few times earlier, but wasn't quite ready.

That morning I felt so gross it was just completely clear to me, like an epiphany, that I would never smoke again. I actually quit halfway through a pack, and had it sit around in my flat for half a week before I threw it out, and was never ever tempted. And haven't been since.

I can't even imagine to smoke anymore, and get no odd craving either. Maybe I was lucky, but it happens.

It's kinda ironic how unhealthy I used to live (carbs, cigarettes and alcohol) compared to where I'm at now. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by mycon View Post
          I heard that from friends as well, but I can tell you it wasn't like that for me. I was smoking heavily for 10 years (the two packs a day heavy), but one morning a bit more than 4 years ago woke up and was extremely disgusted with it. I tried to quit a few times earlier, but wasn't quite ready.

That morning I felt so gross it was just completely clear to me, like an epiphany, that I would never smoke again. I actually quit halfway through a pack, and had it sit around in my flat for half a week before I threw it out, and was never ever tempted. And haven't been since.

I can't even imagine to smoke anymore, and get no odd craving either. Maybe I was lucky, but it happens.

It's kinda ironic how unhealthy I used to live (carbs, cigarettes and alcohol) compared to where I'm at now. Amazing.
          Oh to be clear I've never been tempted at all. When I got to that place where I was never smoking again, that was it. For me its the odd dream where I'm actually smoking then I wake up very thankful that it was only a dream. You may experience the same at some point. It really does stay with us. But no worries. It seems you got to that essential place and that is a MUST!

Comment

This is probably the second best thing you could do for your body. Go for it! Rooting for ya!
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

The money ticker banner/ app is a really great idea! That would be such a good motivator. Hope you are still doing strong and if you gave in to 1 cigaret, remember you don't need to take another! you did not fail, you just gave in once and will go on being strong

Comment

Working...
              X