Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grokette went braless, should us lady PBers go too?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, noodletoy, you made me laugh out loud, "bewbies"!! That's great!!

Comment

• It's all down to personal comfort and limits. I went through a stage in my early twenties of no bra, but with a perky little A cup it was fine. The I went through my 'Wonderbra' stage, and I think if there are any problems with bras it would be with heavily wired push-ups which press and cajole breast tissue in a very unnatural way.

After breastfeeding, being a farily low body weight and lifting heavy things I now am less than a AA cup and there are no bras in any country in the world which will fit me...sad but true. I wear crop top bras, really lightweight ones simply because I like the feel of being wrapped up and also I don't like my nipples poking through my clothes. I'm too small even for singlets with support and can't wear Adidas or Nike tops with built in support because there is nothing to go in.

I can run and work out without a bra, it would make no difference. Now I am patiently waiting for some of the fat I'm eating to stick to my boobs so I can wear a real bra again.

Grokette didn't wear knickers either, but I'll keep mine. Nor did she use tampons but I'll have those too, albeit the organic ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosegin View Post
        Hi! Who are you?
        melirod

Comment

• Originally posted by Dexy View Post
          Grokette didn't [...] use tampons but I'll have those too, albeit the organic ones.
          Personally, I've been enjoying my sea sponges. I bet Grokette wore those.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
            Personally, I've been enjoying my sea sponges. I bet Grokette wore those.
            I'll bet she did. I'm game for trying those...did you purchase them or just your regular small sea sponges? Tell me more!

Comment

• ok, inspired by this thread and my own desire for sexy underpants, I got three bra/pantie sets today that are seksi.

I am a 34 DD apparently.

And yet, not wearing anything, I'm perfectly comfortable, even with my parkour and sprinting and stuff. What is up with that? I guess my body is just ok with it.

Anyway, i got 3 sets on sale. I've been wearing a bra for the first time in, like 2 years or something, for the last 4 hours. It's seriously uncomfortable. I'll be keeping them for "entertainment purposes" and not for long-wearing. :P

(oh and dexy, get a mooncup or similar -- SUPER AWESOME)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dexy View Post
                I'll bet she did. I'm game for trying those...did you purchase them or just your regular small sea sponges? Tell me more!
                I bought mine from Sea Pearls Sea Sponge Tampons : Jade and Pearl, Inc but I bet you could use regular ones bought from anywhere. I'm just wary of buying some that may have been "treated" with some kind of industrial chemical, or supporting an unsustainable source.

Anyway, they work very well and are not leaky. I used one sponge over my whole last period, soaking it occasionally in hydrogen peroxide to sterilize. The sponges I bought came with extensive FAQ and directions. It was very straightforward. The only weird thing was that, at one point, they soaked up some of my lady goo and became a little slimy. The peroxide didn't do anything for that so I'm going to have to figure out what does.

But yeah, I'd recommend them. I have personally never been comfortable buying feminine hygiene products, and this way I don't have to anymore. And they're reusable and sustainable; the sponges can apparently regenerate and regrow very quickly after being harvested as long as their "roots" are left in place. Also, tampons aren't exactly sterile, even if they do come wrapped up like band-aids, and these can be sterilized.

They're good, A+

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                    WTH is this, Kenn? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                      , even with my parkour and sprinting and stuff. What is up with that? I guess my body is just ok with it.

Anyway, i got 3 sets on sale. I've been wearing a bra for the first time in, like 2 years or something, for the last 4 hours. It's seriously uncomfortable. I'll be keeping them for "entertainment purposes" and not for long-wearing. :P
                      Properly fitted bras should not be uncomfortable after less than 4 hours. 12 hours or more maybe, but not right away. All styles and brands are different. Seek professional help! (of the lingere kind ) I buy bras on sale online ONLY if I've tried the style on in the store and know what size to buy.
                      Sandra
                      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                        I bought mine from Sea Pearls Sea Sponge Tampons : Jade and Pearl, Inc but I bet you could use regular ones bought from anywhere. I'm just wary of buying some that may have been "treated" with some kind of industrial chemical, or supporting an unsustainable source.

Anyway, they work very well and are not leaky. I used one sponge over my whole last period, soaking it occasionally in hydrogen peroxide to sterilize. The sponges I bought came with extensive FAQ and directions. It was very straightforward. The only weird thing was that, at one point, they soaked up some of my lady goo and became a little slimy. The peroxide didn't do anything for that so I'm going to have to figure out what does.

But yeah, I'd recommend them. I have personally never been comfortable buying feminine hygiene products, and this way I don't have to anymore. And they're reusable and sustainable; the sponges can apparently regenerate and regrow very quickly after being harvested as long as their "roots" are left in place. Also, tampons aren't exactly sterile, even if they do come wrapped up like band-aids, and these can be sterilized.

They're good, A+
                        I'd really liketo try sea sponges. I used cloth nappies with my children and have used washable pads for my periods but not very comfortable. I wonder if white wine vinegar might help with..um...slime? I used with nappies and pads and rid of all traces of everything. Also drying in direct sunlight works a treat and kills bacteria, nature's natural bleach.

I would defintely buy sea sponges for that purpose, as you said for chemical reasons. Thanks for infol. My friend uses a 'moon cup', but seems unweildy.

Comment

• Originally posted by nevermore View Post
                          WTH is this, Kenn? LOL
                          he felt weird in his pants
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by nevermore View Post
                            melirod
                            Howdy!
                            ~Sandy

Comment

• Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                              ok, inspired by this thread and my own desire for sexy underpants, I got three bra/pantie sets today that are seksi.

I am a 34 DD apparently.

And yet, not wearing anything, I'm perfectly comfortable, even with my parkour and sprinting and stuff. What is up with that? I guess my body is just ok with it.

(oh and dexy, get a mooncup or similar -- SUPER AWESOME)
                              Where did you get measured? A correctly fitting bra should be pretty comfortable, even if you aren't used to wearing one.
                              ~Sandy

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
                                Properly fitted bras should not be uncomfortable after less than 4 hours. 12 hours or more maybe, but not right away. All styles and brands are different. Seek professional help! (of the lingere kind ) I buy bras on sale online ONLY if I've tried the style on in the store and know what size to buy.
                                Uhm, I went to the lingerie store, got properly fitted all around, bought the bras in question, then wore them.

I usually wear a tank with a shelf bra. It's a big difference in hardware.

Bras have always been uncomfortable for me, and I'm not buying a "practical" bra when my shelf is practical enough. If i'm buying a bra, i'm buying a pretty one. So I bought three pretty ones. They fit fine. It's just not comfortable to be 'strapped in' like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X