Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grokette went braless, should us lady PBers go too?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prior to my pregnancy, I was 32A and can get away without bras and feel comfortable. During my pregnancy till now (breastfeeding), I'm 34B/C, and need one for comfort (too much bounce otherwise!). Underwire and sports bras are too uncomfortable, though. I go with cloth ones (like the ones you can find in the junior girls' section) or the supportive tank tops with shelf bra, and keep one underwire bra for dress-up occasions.

My mom had 5 kids and never breastfed, always wore bras, and hers sag. So... boobs sag no matter what?

Comment

Originally posted by girlhk View Post
      need one for comfort (too much bounce otherwise!). Underwire and sports bras are too uncomfortable, though.
      This.

Bouncing whilst playing beach volleyball may be amusing for the men but just plain hurts!!

Comment

I like these for casual wear - very comfortable. I'm a 36A at present.

Product Information: Barely There by Bali Comfort Revolution Microfiber Crop Top - One Hanes Place,

Otherwise I wear a regular bra for work and sports bra for working out, because even though I'm not real bit, bouncing still hurts.

Comment

I would love to be able to go bra-less. I am a DD, so it's a definite no go for me right now. I've always been chesty and while I hope that they shrink, I'm probably going to get a reduction (and lift) once I get to a healthy weight. I will continue to do my push-ups, bench presses and attempt chin-ups so as to build a good solid foundation for muscle in my chest. I would love to get down to a large A or a B, but realistically, I don't think that this would happen without reduction surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandra in BC View Post
            I can hold a stapler.
            Ah hell, and I read that with a mouthfull of coffee ... what a mess.

I can do tiny pencils & bobbypins but still like my super-snug sports bras.

Comment

This thread has inspired my pendulum revolution. You know, since Grok didn't have underwear and all.
              I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

lots of guys go commando. but do they wash their pants everyday or what?
                As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                  lots of guys go commando. but do they wash their pants everyday or what?

I train in a kilt, so I only wash once a month.
                  I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
                    Same. I'm a girl, but I don't own any underwear. I wear skirts every day, though, so I don't have to do laundry very often.

The only time I wear pants is when my thighs are chewed up from friction burns, usually after walking way too far on a hot day when I sweated a lot. I can only wear pants a couple times before they need a wash.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
                      Alrighty then, I'll buy that training video at any price.

Comment

• Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
                        This thread has inspired my pendulum revolution. You know, since Grok didn't have underwear and all.
                        *snort*
                        Originally posted by LJH View Post
                        w0rd

you guys have inspired me to buy new bras. they're in the mail!!
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• I don't believe bras cause breast cancer. The increase in breast cancer can be attributed to fewer women having lots of babies and then nursing those babies. Breast cancer used to be called the "nun's disease" because it was so rare among women with children. If we use our bodies as nature intended (sorry if that's anti-feminist) then our risks of "female" cancers are greatly reduced.

As for sagging, gravity causes sagging. Women who have never had children have saggy breasts when they are old.
                          ~Sandy

Comment

• Well I'm not giving up my bras, as uncomfortable as they sometimes are. I'm not small breasted and need the support.
                            Originally posted by LJH View Post
                            Yep, I wanna see too!
                            Originally posted by Rosegin View Post
                            I don't believe bras cause breast cancer. The increase in breast cancer can be attributed to fewer women having lots of babies and then nursing those babies. Breast cancer used to be called the "nun's disease" because it was so rare among women with children. If we use our bodies as nature intended (sorry if that's anti-feminist) then our risks of "female" cancers are greatly reduced.

As for sagging, gravity causes sagging. Women who have never had children have saggy breasts when they are old.
                            Hey I know you (CDN)!

Comment

• I have no real proof, only my own experience, but speaking (as a 34H) I would strongly recommend wearing a bra. Even if aesthetics are removed from the equation, there is still the matter of discomfort or infection. I have yet to meet a woman naturally over a D-cup who can run or jump pain-free without support. Also, very large breasts will rub against the skin underneath, which often leads to a rash. Worse, if you are in a very humid climate, or likely to continue wearing a bra after an intense activity, or just prone to skin problems, there is the possibility of a fungal infection think athlete's foot or jock itch, only under the boobs .

A properly fitted bra of quality material will absorb sweat, prevent friction and has the added aesthetic benefit of lifting the chest. Grokette may have gone bra-free, but I bet she also had smaller breasts and more body hair to protect her from problem-causing bacteria.

Comment

• Originally posted by nevermore View Post
                                Well I'm not giving up my bras, as uncomfortable as they sometimes are. I'm not small breasted and need the support.
                                Yep, I wanna see too!

Hey I know you (CDN)!
                                Hi! Who are you?
                                ~Sandy

Comment

Working...
                                X