Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grokette went braless, should us lady PBers go too?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
    Before I lost weight I was about a 40D. Now I'm a 36B and absolutely loving the smaller size. I found Mark's Primal Blueprint Fitness essential movements to be really great for toning up the whole chest/shoulder/back support structure.
    Oh I will definitely look into that! Thanks!
    Starting weight: 206 lbs in June 2012
    Goal weight: 135 lbs
    Current weight: 187bs Feb 9th, 2013

The funny thing about getting on and off the wagon for me is, I either dive on or dive off. There is no nice and easy. All or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LJH View Post
      I guarandamntee it wasn't bra-caused.
      Jeez, are none of us safe from freaking BC???

The funny thing about getting on and off the wagon for me is, I either dive on or dive off. There is no nice and easy. All or nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by LJH View Post
        +1 on the woo-woo factor for that one, JMO.

I had an aunt who never wore a bra in her life, only men's undershirts. Come to think, she never wore any womens' clothing nor did she ever marry or have a boyfriend ... hmmmm, you don't suppose ... ? LOL! No one in my (massively biggoted and uptight) family ever uttered the disgraceful 'L' word but I reckon that's what it was. I was too young to understand and she was my favorite relative. Anywho, she died of breast cancer and I guarandamntee it wasn't bra-caused.
        I have rarely worn bras or worn minimalist shelf bra types most of my life and I've had breast cancer. No, I don't think the bras caused it.

Comment

Good God! I'm so sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Taggy G View Post
            Good God! I'm so sorry
            If that was for my aunt, thank you. It was a looooong time ago but she was an awesome old broad and I still miss her.

Comment

At the risk of sounding a bit conspiratorial, I do think there could be a link to high dairy consumption and reproductive cancer.
              Sorry if we're getting a bit off-topic.
              20 Experts on the Dairy

Comment

I go braless at 34C (i think that's my size anyway, I haven't worn a bra in over 3 years now).

I do have a 'shelf bra' in my tank tops, but it's not exactly "supportive." I just like having a second layer of fabric there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronstar View Post
                  At the risk of sounding a bit conspiratorial, I do think there could be a link to high dairy consumption and reproductive cancer.
                  20 Experts on the Dairy
                  Pains me to admit it because I eat obscene amounts of yogurt & custard, but that one is easier to accept.

Comment

Grokette wouldn't have worn a shirt. C'mon gals...

Comment

Originally posted by Ronstar View Post
                      20 Experts on the Dairy
                      I would tend to agree with you if you are talking about hormone treated cows.

Comment

Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
                        Grokette wouldn't have worn a shirt. C'mon gals...
                        Yep, I think we should all just go off into the woods with Diana and hang out nekkid. We don't have any woods for that around here but we do have a nude beach.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                          I go braless at 34C (i think that's my size anyway, I haven't worn a bra in over 3 years now).

I do have a 'shelf bra' in my tank tops, but it's not exactly "supportive." I just like having a second layer of fabric there.
                          I wear a lot of those tops too. Victoria's Secret.com has a whole line of them and dresses with the built in shelf bra too.

Comment

It's too cold to go topless here, but in a warm locale, i'm all over it.

Comment

No science here, just my personal view. i generally try to do/use things that are as natural as possible, but I've learned that I've got to choose my battles (with myself). For example, I tried the no shampoo thing, and my hair NEVER acclimated to it. Sure, I bet Grok wouldn't have used shampoo, but I live in modern times where having chronically greasy-looking hair is really not acceptable. So, I compromise and use a shampoo with no SLS, and I try to only use it 2-3 times per week. Same thing with body care things - I try not to use anything on my skin that I wouldn't feel ok about consuming, because i know that skin absorbs whatever you put on it. Cleaning products, ditto.

But sometimes I just have to accept that I'm not living in the woods with a crew of cavemen. I want to both be healthy and look good. And i do not look good without a bra. And I really can't justify going without one just to be more natural, in the way I can justify using baking soda to brush my teeth, or coconut oil on my skin. In my mind, those kinds of choices matter a lot more.

Comment

No way, my breasts are too big. It gets all sweaty and yucky if I do that, and I can't move comfortably either cause they hurt when they sway.

Grokette probably had smaller breasts than me. At least I hope so for her.

Comment

Working...
                                X