No announcement yet.

Women, do you like men with long hair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women, do you like men with long hair?

I long my husband's chin-length hair, but it gets in his face during his IT job, hunched over hard-drives, and has requested I cut it off. He is 30, but looks 18, and I know he wants to look more professional. I agree with him, but, goddamn, he is so fricken hot with his long hair. *a rocker chick sheds a tear*

Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Ha!ha! What???

Comment

I love it with a caveat. Long hair is great as long as you're not compensating for the front. Once you start to lose it there, it looks better if you accept it and cut it. "Denial" doesn't look good on anyone.

That said, my other favorite look is "bald" or even "balding", probably because I (right or wrong) associate it with high testosterone levels.
        Durp.

Comment

Ladies, you are cracking me up! My husband has been told he looks like : Orlando Bloom 8.jpg Orlando Bloom

Comment

Long hair with muscles is a good look as far as I'm concerned.
            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

It doesn't work on most guys. Plus a lot of the frequently associated features/behaviours (e.g. being a beer-swilling metalhead) are a turn-off in themselves. I can't think of a single time I met a normal, regular dude with long hair, there's always some sort of subculture that goes with it.

Comment

I guess I like the extremes. Long and wild, lots of waves and a bushy beard is nice. 1/8" is nice. Sadly my bf is one of those compensators. I can't convince him that 1/8" would take 10 years off him. 1/8" buzz cut + silver hair = lookin like the company prez.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeOfRound View Post
                  It doesn't work on most guys. Plus a lot of the frequently associated features/behaviours (e.g. being a beer-swilling metalhead) are a turn-off in themselves. I can't think of a single time I met a normal, regular dude with long hair, there's always some sort of subculture that goes with it.
                  Lol, my husband is an IT, computer guy, who plays hockey and guitar, and is an English Lit major. Well-rounded guys do exist!

Comment

Mm hmm, yes, that'd be an affermative. Assuming of course that it's properly taken care of. (Wild metal-head can work, it doesn't have to be sleek, but it does need to be appropriate to the man sporting it.)

'Course, I have a major soft spot for widow's peaks (widow's peaks and long hair [provided it's thick enough] *swoon!*) and I can totally work with buzzed or shaved. Balding is . . . growing on me. Possibly because it is getting more prevelent in my dating age-range

Rasputina- if you ever get bored with him, I'll send you my address so you can ship your hubby over here
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Long hair is definitely hot. My husband has shoulder length hair that just happens to be extremely curly. Unfortunately, since he stopped washing it I no longer the curls, but I kind of like the grungy look. He wants to cut it all off soon because he thinks it's a pain the ass and he's no longer hiding a puffy face, but I just can't let him do it. I'm the one who has to look at him, right?! Plus, he keeps it in a pony tail so no one really even sees it. Convince him to wear it in a pony tail; it'll make all the difference! You can be a guy with long hair and still look professional. Perhaps some facial hair would suit him! And just because you have long hair doesn't mean you're a metal head; my husband mainly listens to the Killers, Journey, and Mozart! Can't forget Mozart!

Comment

hmm...how to explain? long hair looks nice on otherwise well-maintained rugged looks. a scar, some nicely trimmed facial hair, and luscious, cared-for locks are a turn-on. balding men can pull it off sometimes.
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Not personally. Never have been into it.

I think the stereotypes as someone else mentioned always makes me expect men with long hair to be "alternative"

I love the buzz cut
                          Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
                          Bench: 45kg/99lb
                          Squat: 100kg/220lb
                          Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
                          My journal

Comment

Gah, yes. I find it highly attractive... provided, as many have already said, that it looks good on the person. I don't think my current boyfriend would do well with long hair, his is coppery red and ultra curly, to the point that when it grows out to be a couple inches long (without a straight iron) that he's seriously got a 'fro. And it just looks silly on him.

Comment

I can't stand guys with long hair. Definitely not a look that I like. My husband almost completely shaves his head every few weeks, and I think he would look ridiculous with long hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X