Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you eating things that you didn't eat before you went Primal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you eating things that you didn't eat before you went Primal?

I definitely am. I never ever ate strawberries or apples before starting my Primal journey. Oh! Or dark chocolate. Love all three now.

In fact, I just bit into a gigantic strawberry and it reminded me of the plant from Little Shop of Horrors. "Feed me Seymour!!"

I wasn't fond of seeds before but I now feel a salad is not quite right without a sprinkle of my fave seed mix.

I didn't like avocados much before and started out having them mixed in with other stuff, but now I just slice them open and eat them with a spoon.

I used to be slightly squeamish about the skin/fatty/gristly bits of a chicken but now when I cook chicken I eat the skin, have a good dig around for every last scrap of meat and any wobbly bits that are chewable, and finally make a broth with the bones and gristly bits.

I also buy fatty cuts of meat and enjoy it when loved ones cut the fat off theirs and look a little horrified to see me eating mine and going MMMM.
    Start weight: 238 lbs (March 2012)
    Current weight: 205 lbs (July 2012)
    Loss so far: 33 lbs!!!
    WOE: Primal + IF
    Movements: Hiking, sprinting.
    Goal: to see my abs some time in 2013!

Comment

Ooh I love Little Shop of Horrors.

I can't think of anything I hadn't eaten before apart from coconut oil. I'm glad I found that.
      F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Absolutely! A whole bunch of stuff: Duck eggs, goose eggs, venison, goat, sardines, canned salmon, canned oysters, canned clams, kippers, coconut oil, coconut milk, heavy cream, ghee, heart, liver, other organ meats, kale, brussells sprouts, dark chocolate (70% to 100%), Cacao nibs, goat cheese, lard, herbal tea, home made bone stock...I'm sure I missed some stuff.

Then there are so many other things out there to try. I am soooo open to trying new stuff since going primal.
        "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Comment

Liver, bone broth, coconut milk, beef shanks, duck egg (just 1).

That strawberry DOES look like Audrey II!
          SW: 243
          CW: 177
          Goal: Health

Comment

Definitely! Bacon, chicken skin, whole avocados, full-fat dairy -- all things I previously thought of as "too fatty", and would eat maybe once a year.
            My Primal Blueprint Journal

Comment

Coconut oil, beef marrow, vitamin D. Eating in much greater frequency since primal: liver, sweet potatoes, seaweed.

Comment

Primal has gotten me over my squeamishness about eating offal. Oh, and marrow bones no longer get tossed to the dog. He has to wait until I'm done with them.

Comment

Kale
                  Spinach
                  raw green beans
                  meat fat
                  squash
                  coconut flour
                  pecan meal
                  cauliflower
                  offal (still not keen on kidney)
                  Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                  My Latest Journal

Comment

Seaweed. Sweet potato. Japanese sweet potato. Spaghetti squash. Grass-fed and organic meats. Omega 3 eggs. Organic dairy. Raw meat (just a few bites)... all things coconut (don't like it that much though)

The biggest change for me was how I acquire the groceries. We now shop in bulk from local farmers, and I buy everything i can afford in organic version. I really like buying from the local farmers, and we get the cuts we would have never tried before.
                    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Lamb's heart and a lot of strangely shaped bony bits from various animals.
                      Delicious grassfed whole cream - not a first, but I didn't down a quart a week like I do now.
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Beets. The only beets I've had before were pickled and I hated them. Now that I know of other ways of eating them, I can't get enough. On a side note, you can imagine my horror after eating a particularly large quantity of beets for the first time, and the subsequent "pink pee".

Comment

Liver. My mom used to prepare it when we were growing up. Prior to going primal, I hadn't eat it in probably 20 years.
                          "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I love beets too! They go well with mustard.

I was low fat vegan so now I am so happy I can now eat, guilt-free:

Meat!!
                            Sardines
                            Eggs
                            Full-cream organic cows milk in coffee over super-processed fat-free soy milk
                            Anything fatty, like coconut, coconut oil, olives and avocados
                            I also just rediscovered Brussels sprouts for the first time in years

And I don't miss anything I cut out!
                            Primal since May 2012. Loving life and down 50lbs.

Comment

avocado and offal

Comment

Working...
                              X