No announcement yet.

So, i was just forbidden to eat fish...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, i was just forbidden to eat fish...

...in the office. The smell offends others. That's kind of petty.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Hmm yeah that sounds like a bunch of bullshit and immaturity on part of your coworkers. Forbidden though?
    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Yeah, my manager came and apologetically told me that there are 'complaints' about eating fish, and can I please not eat fish? I am going to try to eat it on another floor that doesn't have the whine-babies, that think sockeye smells worse than a burned toast.

Comment

Have a little bottle of room freshener, or a big ol can of Lysol ready to blast them once you're finished.

Comment

Sounds a lot like my dad, I can't eat fish, onion, meat when he's home
          well then

Comment

Or tell them you MUST eat fish on Thursday, it's a religious thing, and you'd hate to bring the law in on their ass.

Comment

So this isn't even from heating it up? I mean, sometimes the heating part can wafted through the building but, that is far and few between where I work

We have one person here who hates the smell of fish (one of my closest friends) but, if I ever have it, I just eat at the other end of the table.No problems. Many of us have done that for her. Hmm, yeah, Kind of sound like a bunch of whiny-babies. lol

Comment

This is how your coworkers let you know they want to be picked on. Find an even stinkier food, and wish out loud you could just simply eat fish instead.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I have a couple of coworkers like that. They're also the two people who insist that certain parking spots are "theirs", and have special mugs in the community cabinets that they insist nobody else touch. It's not worth fighting with them about their stupid parking spots or mugs, but I eat fish whenever I damn well please. It's a break room, it's SUPPOSED to smell like food!

Comment

revenge - cook everything in fish sauce and reheat it at the office. bwahahahahahaha

Comment

Just eat boiled eggs and asiago cheese.

Comment

Sometimes I pour some water in and make a soup out of a can of salmon with an egg white, but often I eat tuna, sardines or salmon plain.... Dunno, maybe it will do me good since I will be eating less canned stuff. I guess I kindda had my revenge unknowingly because I had a craving for saurkraut today....

yeah, I usually make eggs for breakfast and fish for lunch.

Comment

Or convince the boss that it offends you when people wear a common color, like grey. Then, in dignified tones, start asking people to stop wearing that color, because it offends you. If that doesn't work, talk to your manager. Remember, this is bass-ackwards America, where instead of applying the normal rules of life to the few whiny outliers, we caudle them and make all the normal people walk funny to keep them from whining. This means that all you have to do is choose to be offended by some stupid little thing - and treat it like it really matters. Then the puppets must dance for YOU!

Granted, this whole thing can easily get you fired. If I were you, I'd honestly just eat fish at home instead, or use less stinky fish.
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

fish smells fishy, not everyone likes it and the reactions range from 'not the best smell' to 'oh jesus i'm going to puke'

not necessarily whiney babies, unless the one complaining is coming in reheating aged asiago over eggs and cabbage every day
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

Yeah, I don't find that unreasonable at all. The smell of fish can be pretty awful. What about taking something like smoked salmon with you (that can be eaten cold), or some other type of protein that won't stink the place up?

Comment

Working...
                              X