Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you drink in the morning/during the day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you drink in the morning/during the day?

I'm trying to cut back on coffee but, honestly, I really like having a warm cup of something first thing in the morning and throughout the day - preferably with cream. I am trying to alternate cups of coffee with cups of herbal tea but I'm still drinking 3 cups a day The herbal tea is _okay_ but eh, I would prefer a black tea (but that defeats the purpose of cutting back on coffee!).

What do you drink? Any good tea recommendations that aren't to fruity? And, yes, I also drink quite a bit of water (about 2 Brita pitchers full) so I don't need "just drink water!"
    Thread-killer extraordinaire
    My journal
    Primal since 3/10/12 - removed lap band 5/11/12
    207/186/160

I drink a couple cups of coffee in the morning and usually a few more during the day/evening, with either & or heavy cream. Also plenty of tap water - my tap water is from a mountain spring up the canyon. If we had city water I'd be running it through a Berkey first.

Later for tea ... never found one I didn't hate.

Comment

Coffee in the morning. H2O the rest of the day.
      "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

Magnesium in water first thing in morning. Then a hot cup of joe with a splash of cream. Pretty much water the rest of the day with another shot of magnesium and water around 4:30pm. Every other week I'll drink a bottle of good red wine over 3-4 nights.

Comment

Black coffee, home-made kombucha, various teas made from the weeds and other plants in my yard.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I have one mug of organic Peruvian coffee with 1 TBS org cream in the morning, green tea with lime at lunch and filtered water rest of the day. (15 more lbs lost and I'm having about 5 oz. wine at night)

Comment

I drink hot water. I also drink one cup of decaf coffee at 10am....then hot water the rest of the day. Love it.

Comment

I drink COFFEE!
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                  I drink COFFEE!
                  I love it too

Comment

Hot black coffee in the AM the iced black coffee the rest of the day besides water.

Oh and the occasional shot of tequilla!

Comment

hot broth and a variety of teas. I also like club soda with lemon or lime when it's hot. Kefir if I have it...
                      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Massala Chia Tea with Honey & cream (or butter) when I want something hot.
                        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I discovered that homemade broth works really well as a hot drink. Speaking of, I need to get off my morning coffee and back to it . . .
                          http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Shitloads of coffee. LOOOOOOOOOOADS of it.
                            I don't worry too much about excess... we all gotta die of something.
                            Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                            Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                            Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                            Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                            ChooseMyPlate

Comment

Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                              Shitloads of coffee. LOOOOOOOOOOADS of it.
                              I don't worry too much about excess... we all gotta die of something.
                              ^this

but speaking of tea, I am looking for a decent ginger tea, one that actually tastes like ginger, a lot like ginger. If anyone has a recommendation that would rock.
                              Last edited by canio6; 06-14-2012, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X