fat acceptance movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
    can you hear the head board banging too?
    Well... no, not until you mentioned it.

I'm going to need a sleeping pill.
    Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
      The fat acceptance movement disgusts me. Not fat people per se, but they dare to have the audacity to claim that being fat doesn't make you any unhealthier than a thin person (and I'm speaking in averages here, before somebody points out that a 200 pound gymnast will be a lot healthier than a 120 pound couch potato).
      They then try and force "fat is beautiful", and that any body size is attractive, which is renders such adjectives useless. If everybody is beautiful, then nobody is beautiful.
      At the same time they'll say, attractive women have "the body of little boys" or "real men like curves" and "you're starving yourself, you're insecure".
      They'll claim that genetics is the reason they are fat and that losing weight is unhealthy or that diets don't work.
      I also wonder why the fat acceptance movement is almost exclusively female.

Its delusion at its finest, and it disgusts me. The upside is that since we're part of the dwindling thin population, our attractiveness to the opposite (or same) sex will increase proportionally.
      You are either blind, or willfully ignorant. My husband, 6'4, 145 lbs, eats the worst crap imaginable, smokes, is clearly not underweight, and is by no means healthy. I am also "thin" and not in great health. Thin isn't a correlation of health. Death-camp victims are certainly thin, but not healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by DarthFriendly
        Well, just hurry up and post something about how much you hate fat people and how they're morally wrong and how you and the other thin people will be having thin people sex while the fat people sit at home waiting for you to call while you're not calling them but instead having thin people sex with thin people where you grunt out how much you hate fat people and how wrong they are for being fat so we can all hurry up and despise you.
        Ohhh, you are so delicious!
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• There is always this turnaround:
          Last edited by Wanderlust; 06-23-2012, 11:34 PM.
          "Go For Broke"
          Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
          Small Kine-168/9%
          Now- 200/8%
          Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• And so you ladies don't get all the eye candy:

"Go For Broke"
            Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
            Small Kine-168/9%
            Now- 200/8%
            Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
              And so you ladies don't get all the eye candy:

*drools a bit*

... Removes dunce cap from Wanderlust.
              ... hugs Wanderlust briefly.

*continues drooling*
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                *drools a bit*

... Removes dunce cap from Wanderlust.
                ... hugs Wanderlust briefly.

*continues drooling*

^this and more of this. I would have to invent names for the things I would do to Jessica Biel. With, I meant with (no I didn't)

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony337
                  Not sure what point you're trying to make...fat people shouldn't love themselves?
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                    doobie doobie doooo

we need to get back to this before little man comes back out from his little troll bridge

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                        The fat acceptance movement disgusts me. Not fat people per se, but they dare to have the audacity to claim that being fat doesn't make you any unhealthier than a thin person (and I'm speaking in averages here, before somebody points out that a 200 pound gymnast will be a lot healthier than a 120 pound couch potato).
                        They then try and force "fat is beautiful", and that any body size is attractive, which is renders such adjectives useless. If everybody is beautiful, then nobody is beautiful.
                        At the same time they'll say, attractive women have "the body of little boys" or "real men like curves" and "you're starving yourself, you're insecure".
                        They'll claim that genetics is the reason they are fat and that losing weight is unhealthy or that diets don't work.
                        I also wonder why the fat acceptance movement is almost exclusively female.

Its delusion at its finest, and it disgusts me. The upside is that since we're part of the dwindling thin population, our attractiveness to the opposite (or same) sex will increase proportionally.
                        Been away for a few days with no internet....It can be done!
                        and its nice to see thta my favourite thread is still going strong with a mixture of wishful thinking about various celebs and the odd comment such as the one quoted above

Whilst i agree with some of what is being said its about degrees of body type one way or the other.
                        A grossly obese person is unattractive in my eyes as is a grossly underweight (anorexic person)

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder so yes technically 'ANYONE' can be considered beautiful. There are what is fondly known as 'Chubby Chasers' i.e. men who have a thing for larger women and there are men who seem to go for the boyish types.

People find all sorts of people attractive for all sorts of weird and wonderful reasons and good luck to them.

But its not really the point, HEALTH is the point.

A few pounds here and there will not probably make that much difference if you live a generally healthy lifestyle, but once you start getting to very and morbidly obese or indeed morbidly thin then the health problems really kick in as we all know.

In my opinion that is not a healthy state to be in and should not be accepted as such.

The impact is becoming global and has other costs associated with it to all of us.

Interestingly on a FAT ACCEPTANCE THREAD where people who have the temerity to speak against it for all sorts of valid reasons and are harrangued for it the level of hypocrisy is stunning!

Look at all the pictures you have been posting of various Actors .....ALL OF THEM ARE LEANESS PERSONIFIED! RIPPED and BUFF!

Where are the FAT beautiful actors and actresses ....I was expecting to see JOHN GOODWIN in SPEEDOS, ROSIE O'DONELL ON A BED OF ROSES!

its amazing that those who go on about FAT acceptance seem only to be attracted to the VERY LEAN! IRONIC OR WHAT?

BTW do you ever see these ACTORS with FAT WOMEN! NOT IN YOUR LIFE TME!

The only one who has ever doen so is Pierce Brosnan with his wife Keeley and I beleive she has lost most of the weight now!

Comment

• spoke too soon
                          Last edited by katemary; 06-24-2012, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• The pity is you spoke at all

Comment

• Take a hint.

The posting of pictures is not hypocrisy but a deliberate shut-the-hell up-directed at you.

Comment

• well spacey why didn't you just say you wanted to see some hot curvy women too?

#8 specifically makes me say rowr
                                10 Incredibly Hot Women Who Are Larger Than A Size 12 - Oddee.com

nigella...
                                http://www.kellyolexa.com/storage/ni...=1258335016440

katemary, i tried looking up some male fitness models but they all looked like they were trying too hard and it was kinda funny instead of rowry to me
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X