No announcement yet.

fat acceptance movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Ryan shots are from Blade: Trinity.

I've got a soft spot for Cap'n America, though I don't like the pouty lips that much. Can't find a decent pic of his bod, but he's pretty jacked in Captain America and The Avengers. I prefer the leaner Huge Jackedman in Wolverine look though.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I think this is a cleft stick. I don't think you can lose weight until you like yourself well enough to think you deserve to be fit. But it seems to me that if you DO love yourself, you want you to be as fit and healthy and attractive as possible. The same sorts of things you would wish for your children or anyone you loved. To say, "I love myself, so it's OK if I am fat." seems like a contradiction to me.

But then again, that's me. I am overweight and unhappy about it. I know that my weight is part of my life long battle with self sabotage and that this weight has been a great excuse for me to not do many things I wanted to. I used to sabotage myself other ways, married a wonderful man and had two good kids and had to start beating myself up with food. I have decided that is getting really old and so am I and if I want to find out what I can do, I can't wait another minute. So, here I am. But I have a really hard time thinking that anyone is happy with themselves and fat.

Comment

• Have you see Thor? HOLY SMOKES!!

Comment

• drssgchic...does that stand for 'dressage chic'??

Comment

• Yes, yes it does! Dressage is my sport of choice and I like to pretend I'm chic sometimes So you're a rider, too?

It is hard to simultaniously be ok with yourself and want to improve yourself, but it is very possible. In fact, for me, the happier I am with myself, the easier it is to eat right and move. I feel good mentally and emotionally and I want to feel good physically. Good luck on your journey!

Huh, I guess it's been a REALLY long time since I've seen Blade: Trinity if I forgot THAT. I suppose that means it requires a re-watch.
            http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Yep. At this point, I guess you would call me hntrchic. We have a boarding/lesson/training farm for hunters in upstate SC. My foundation is in dressage, though, and we try to make our horses as correct as possible. No 'inside leg back/indirect rein' for leg yield and everything pretty much goes in some form of a loose ring hollow mouth snaffle.

I have gotten to the point that I like myself enough to want me to live a really long time and be as fit and healthy as possible. Plus, I have a project horse that seems like he wants to do some pretty big stuff and for us to do that effectively, I need to be smaller. I am tired of standing outside the ring at a show yelling at kids, know what I mean? But right now I am a little too self-conscious to display my size 16 butt in breeches for the world to see. At home is one thing...on the road? Something else entirely.

Comment

• Originally posted by katemary View Post
                I think I licked him to prove your suggestion that all he had to do was ask, before he asked.

Really, there is nothing more mortifying than a premature and unsolicited lick. I need to go read The Rules.

(hangs head in shame)
                LOL your lick was timely and appreciated.
                "Go For Broke"
                Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                Small Kine-168/9%
                Now- 200/8%
                Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  doobie doobie doooo

*thoughtful pause*
                  Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                  but you licked him after! you're sending mixed signals! i'm so confused

r reynolds & hugh jackman have my celebrity crush heart because they're funny, all that buffness is an eye candy perk
                  *another thoughtful pause*

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                  Can anybody tell me what movie this is? Because I need to go watch it. In my room. Alone.

Wolverine was always my favorite X-Man- and then when they cast Hugh Jackman . . . *swoon* Who, apparently, is also a really, genuinely, good guy- not just hot and very good at playing troubled immortals. *Double swoon*
                  *a third thoughtful pause* thank god i was born a woman!

i have little homework and hopefully a laid-back weekend ahead of me. on my todo list: watch Blade Trinity and Captain America.
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by isbolick View Post
                    Yep. At this point, I guess you would call me hntrchic. We have a boarding/lesson/training farm for hunters in upstate SC. My foundation is in dressage, though, and we try to make our horses as correct as possible. No 'inside leg back/indirect rein' for leg yield and everything pretty much goes in some form of a loose ring hollow mouth snaffle.

I have gotten to the point that I like myself enough to want me to live a really long time and be as fit and healthy as possible. Plus, I have a project horse that seems like he wants to do some pretty big stuff and for us to do that effectively, I need to be smaller. I am tired of standing outside the ring at a show yelling at kids, know what I mean? But right now I am a little too self-conscious to display my size 16 butt in breeches for the world to see. At home is one thing...on the road? Something else entirely.
                    Hah- I went the other way. Broke as a hunter, then discovered and studied dressage. I have a lot of things I'd like to learn (reining being one of them, as it appears to be Western dressage) and as far as I can tell, being a solid dressage rider is going to help.

I'm not riding at the moment. Partially a money/time thing, but partially because I'm so heavy with so little muscle that frankly it wouldn't be fair to the horse. That's awesome that you have a project horse with high expectations. It's pretty amazing what we'll do for them that we won't necessarily do for ourselves, isn't it? (And, to be honest, project horses tend to be more fun than project kids )
                    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                      LOL your lick was timely and appreciated.
                      awww, shucks brace yourself for random licks

and I just realised what bloodorchid meant re mixed messages re smilie! totally!

Comment

• Originally posted by katemary View Post
                        With your hubby being a Ryan, maybe your subconscious *knows* you do not have the emotional fortitude for the two-Ryan moral dilemma
                        Moral dilemma my tookas... It's your fantasy, there is not room for morals... it's called a manwich! You can thank me later. (If you are into the Ryans that is.)

All this licking and *thoughtful pause*ing...
                        The children were NAUGHTY while I was away!
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• there's no moral qualms in my head, you know, it's just, honestly, i'm not into those guys.

seriously. it's probably sad, but true.

Comment

• Ah, a Twilight fan then?
                            "Go For Broke"
                            Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                            Small Kine-168/9%
                            Now- 200/8%
                            Goal- 210/6%

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                              The children were NAUGHTY while I was away!
                              We're just learning from your fine example.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                                Ah, a Twilight fan then?
                                Someone really ought to cut your tongue out for that jab... not nice at all!
                                Dunce cap for Wanderlust!

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                                We're just learning from your fine example.
                                Awww... they grow up so fast!
                                Of course, you did have Bloodorchid to spurn you on...
                                I'm pretty sure she carries naughty fertilizer in her pockets a sprinkles it liberally... like glitter from Tinkerbell's bottom!
                                Last edited by cori93437; 06-23-2012, 10:18 AM.
                                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                                X