• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Cool whip.
    Say whip.
    Now say cool whip.
    +1 internets to you
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• spacey47...
      You really need to up your trolling game.
      I am seriously disappoint.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• If one avoids being heedlessly rash, wouldn't that make them... measured, well-considered, thoughtful?

You're quite right. Owly has avoided being heedlessly rash.

Do you know what a shart that doesn't come out in the wash is called? A spacey.

Comment

• Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
          OK this is going to come as a shock so........get ready

Millions of people manage to live happily and very healthfully WITHOUT eating grass fed meat....I know it's amazing isn't it

Here's the kicker , what they do is eat enough to SUSTAIN themselves from a variety of low cost but nutritious food stuffs that do not cost the same as gold per ounce and they do this shocking thing you may have heard of called. ....REGULAR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!

I know crazy isn't it?

Travel outside of the USA and you might meet a few of them I certainly have and often they were what you would call poor!

They have never heard of PRIMAL, grassfed meat, broken metabolisms, or anyone called Grok.

This whole Primal thing is like a religion to some on here.........newsflash it just a form of Healthy eating and a somewhat costly an elitist one at that!

However you can be very healthy and fit very cheaply if you try......many are too lazy to bother and not just obese people
          KimInGA asks: Aren't you arguing that the obese should change themselves into fit, healthy people so that they do not cost society too much?

To which you answer that people can be fit and healthy and not impose societal costs. Id est, you argued that... shocker!... Kim's assertion is worthy of ridicule because, erm, she's right? Uh, reading with comprehension?

Seriously. A shart... that does not come out in the wash = spacey.
          Last edited by Finnegans Wake; 06-20-2012, 04:00 PM. Reason: Typo - the lovely KimInGA as JimInGA, FFS!

Comment

• Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
            Fat people can do their homework about weight loss. They can learn what's true and what's not; do a little research if they need to then get on with living their lives without bothering the rest of us. Most of us on here have had to work to get healthy; we've had to read a lot of different books and try different things to see what works and what doesn't. Why are fat people excluded from this process? No one's saying fat people shouldn't love themselves. They should make strides to be less bothersome to the rest of us though.
            First, for some fat people our weight has nothing to do with a lack of "weight loss" knowledge, homework or hard work. It has everything to do with medical issues.

Second, and more importantly, if someone finds fat people bothersome then they have the bigger problem. Fat people have a better chance at successful change than ignorant, self centered, bigots.

Comment

• Ah, this thread has given me a whole new list of heroes!

Seriously regretting the post that I deleted. I hate being the better person and henceforth resolve not to be.

Does "being a big ass" count as being obese? If so, I sense a lot of self hate going on...
              Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
                Ah, this thread has given me a whole new list of heroes!

Seriously regretting the post that I deleted. I hate being the better person and henceforth resolve not to be.

Does "being a big ass" count as being obese? If so, I sense a lot of self hate going on...
                So if I understand you, you're suggesting that the 'haters' (fierce and spacy) in this thread are spiritually and mentally 'fat', and that the bile they spew forth here is actually a manifestation of their self-loathing?

An interesting theory.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                  So if I understand you, you're suggesting that the 'haters' (fierce and spacy) in this thread are spiritually and mentally 'fat', and that the bile they spew forth here is actually a manifestation of their self-loathing?

An interesting theory.
                  All I'm saying is what I learned a long time ago - when people get upset with a segment of the population that have done nothing to harm them in any way, it says more about the hater than it does about the people they hate.

But you say it much better!
                  Durp.

Comment

• Can someone point out where I have said I HATE obese people?

Go on actually QUOTE a post where I have said it?

If you cannot, do not use the pathetic internet troll term HATER .

I regard obesity and by this I am not talking about people who are a few lbs overweight but those who are medically defined as such as being a drain on the finances of a country in the same way as those who smoke, the difference being that cigarettes are taxed heavily and bring in billions of pounds/dollars of tax to the government unlike the unhealthy foodstuffs.

I do not see why I should have to subsidize someone's 'FAT' habit which in terms of impact is up there with cigarettes and alcohol in terms of health costs without providing any source of income from tax to pay for themselves

Why should I pay more for a plane ticket to take into account people who are well over the average weight of a passenger?

On a personal level I find gross obesity repulsive to look at and indeed those who are grossly under weight that's just a personal reaction, I don't like watching or being around people when they smoke either. ...so Sue me!

The worst part is that people abuse their kids with food, I see so many kids who are obese now that it's almost normal to be so
                    Is that a GOOD thing ?should we ACCEPT that? Knowing what health issues are in store for them?

The MAJORITY of people here judging by the SUCCESS stories and their own journals cough cough 'OWLY' are motivated by WEIGHT/FAT loss!

All the fasting posts are to do with WEIGHTLOSS, fitness posts WEIGHTLOSS nutrition posts WEIGHTLOSS

What a bunch of hypocrites most of you are obssessed with WEIGHT/FAT loss!

If being fat is OK why not just stay fat and ACCEPT yourselves?

Because You are basically full of shit that's why

Comment

• My choice of what to do with my body is my own. I accept others' rights to decide what works best for them and what makes them feel satisfied in their bodies. I believe everyone deserves dignity and respect, which is why I support fat acceptance. That doesn't mean I think people should stay fat, but it also doesn't mean that I think they should get thin--it means I support whatever choice people make for themselves, including choosing to love and accept their bodies as they are.

Also, I must have really hit a nerve with you if you're creeping my journal for ammunition now. Sorry to disappoint you by being successful at achieving my health and fitness goals so you couldn't throw my weight in my face--I'm guessing that's why you went trolling around there in the first place.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                        Delivered by Loki. I saw it again Monday night, so worth it. Hooray for cheap local theaters.

(Thread sufficiently derailed yet?)
                        just watched Thor. the lameness in the dialogue was completely overshadowed by rippling pecs so i enjoyed the film. i think i'm sufficiently prepared to watch the Avengers now.

oh wait, i'm supposed to be talking about fat people right? it's pretty simple for me. don't "hate on" other people, and let them make their own medical decisions. sure, i find it disgusting to see a fat person eat a twinkie, just as much as i find it disgusting to watch a skinny person eat a twinkie. Twinkies are disgusting.
                        my primal journal:
                        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Saoirse View Post
                          just watched Thor. the lameness in the dialogue was completely overshadowed by rippling pecs so i enjoyed the film. i think i'm sufficiently prepared to watch the Avengers now.
                          There was dialogue?
                          “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• umm...i think there was. in between sexy glances and rippling pecs. something about an anvil and frostbite? i'm not sure.
                            my primal journal:

Comment

• Wait, wait! Which movie is this??? I suddenly feel a movie night coming on...
                              Durp.

Comment

• Thor
                                i loved the scene where he was tugging on his hammer. oh and there was a fight scene involving Thor and a larger, muscly dude fighting in the rain and mud. *thoughtful pause*

my primal journal:

Comment

Working...
                                X