Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fat acceptance movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
    Perhaps you could.actually respond to the point being made for a change
    And maybe you could try editing your posts so you don't have random punctuation in the middle of your sentences. But hey, we all have our shortcomings.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

    Owly's Journal

    Comment


    • I guess if Harry Potter had a spell for fatticus eradicus, Loki might have a serious contender for the throne of this thread.
      JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
        The obvious flaw in your argument is that there are millions MORE obese people than cross fit athletes so.their overall impact is much higher
        and the problem is literally Growing everyday.

        There are plenty of fat people with money as well.

        Apart from food the associated costs of health issue issues and transportation costs is also an important factor
        Aren't you arguing that the obese should change themselves into fit, healthy people so that they do not cost society too much? If they did so by eating the primal diet we all advocate, then they would be eating a more expensive diet than they presently do. So ... I don't follow your argument. A healthy, nutrient-dense, primal diet costs more than either a SAD low-fat, low-meat, high-grain diet (i.e., the oatmeal-and-LeanCuisine-verion) OR a SAD high-industrial-fat, high-sugar, high-grain diet (i.e., the pizza-and-twinkie version). Cost at the checkout is indicative of the time, labor and capitol it takes to produce that item. 100 calories of pasta is cheaper to create than 100 calories of grassfed beef.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Owly View Post
          Also, here is the actual journal article in question. When in doubt, reference the original article, not a journalist's interpretation of it. Essentially, what we have here is a lot of assumptions about BMR/TDEE and biomass, with some math to show that if the authors' assumptions are correct, then if the whole world gets fatter, it will take more food to feed people.

          http://www.biomedcentral.com/content...458-12-439.pdf
          And your point is what exactly?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
            ummmm, halo bloodrocket, but their are many ways to spell, words!!!!!!!!1 just accuse you quote on quote "think" your spelling it the right way does"nt all ways mean your right, sometimes spellings is tricksy!!!!!11!!!!!!! Its' not fare four you to be like some kind of grammer "expart" and go around caressing everyones' else poseds!!!!!!!!
            if you weren't married and i weren't taken, i'd totally high five you right now. with BOTH hands

            Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
            Fat acceptance in the Roman Empire in days of you're . . . your . . . yore . . . ur . . .

            Dammit, bloodorchid, spelling and grammar are as creative of enterprises as ART. Now I can't post anything because I'll be too neurotic that you're . . . your . . . ur . . . yore correcting me. UP YOURS* ** ***.

            * UP YOU'RES.
            ** UP YORES.
            *** UP URS.
            i'm coming to haunt your dreeeeeamssssss

            Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Cool whip.
            Say whip.
            Now say cool whip.
            beautiful
            yeah you are

            Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
              And your point is what exactly?
              My point is that you're scientifically illiterate as well as having significant issues with spelling and grammar. Thanks for proving it by not understanding how that study is mostly conjecture based on some assumptions and math.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

              Owly's Journal

              Comment


              • Originally posted by KimInGA View Post
                Aren't you arguing that the obese should change themselves into fit, healthy people so that they do not cost society too much? If they did so by eating the primal diet we all advocate, then they would be eating a more expensive diet than they presently do. So ... I don't follow your argument. A healthy, nutrient-dense, primal diet costs more than either a SAD low-fat, low-meat, high-grain diet (i.e., the oatmeal-and-LeanCuisine-verion) OR a SAD high-industrial-fat, high-sugar, high-grain diet (i.e., the pizza-and-twinkie version). Cost at the checkout is indicative of the time, labor and capitol it takes to produce that item. 100 calories of pasta is cheaper to create than 100 calories of grassfed beef.
                OK this is going to come as a shock so........get ready

                Millions of people manage to live happily and very healthfully WITHOUT eating grass fed meat....I know it's amazing isn't it

                Here's the kicker , what they do is eat enough to SUSTAIN themselves from a variety of low cost but nutritious food stuffs that do not cost the same as gold per ounce and they do this shocking thing you may have heard of called. ....REGULAR PHYSICAL ACTIVITY!

                I know crazy isn't it?

                Travel outside of the USA and you might meet a few of them I certainly have and often they were what you would call poor!

                They have never heard of PRIMAL, grassfed meat, broken metabolisms, or anyone called Grok.

                This whole Primal thing is like a religion to some on here.........newsflash it just a form of Healthy eating and a somewhat costly an elitist one at that!

                However you can be very healthy and fit very cheaply if you try......many are too lazy to bother and not just obese people

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Owly View Post
                  My point is that you're scientifically illiterate as well as having significant issues with spelling and grammar. Thanks for proving it by not understanding how that study is mostly conjecture based on some assumptions and math.
                  My point is you go off on unrelated dramatic tangents that have no bearing on the points being raised to try and score cheap points and.make a fool of yourself in the process.

                  I am aware that it is a theory but there is clearly some sound thinking behind it by some intelligent minds would you just dismiss it out of hand?

                  Lots of research starts as a result of someone's conjecture on a particular issue, it's called creative thinking.

                  Are you so hot on grammar in your anti violence educator role?

                  Comment


                  • Ugh. Spacey really... just stop.

                    The problem is that it's not possible for them to just magically eat some "healthy" way for cheap. The way they're eating is a cycle, and the food guidelines and what they think they SHOULD be doing, just sets them up to fail over and over again.

                    Why do you think the obesity trend has continued? Do you really think 50% of the developed world really has will power that weak?

                    I think you're just one of those people who will never "get it". So perhaps don't worry about it, go on living your supreme life as your thin self. One day if you get fat, come back and tell us how easy it is to eat cheaply and lose weight and maintain your health.
                    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

                    Current PRs:
                    Bench: 45kg/99lb
                    Squat: 100kg/220lb
                    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

                    My blog
                    My journal

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
                      My point is you go off on unrelated dramatic tangents that have no bearing on the points being raised to try and score cheap points and.make a fool of yourself in the process.

                      I am aware that it is a theory but there is clearly some sound thinking behind it by some intelligent minds would you just dismiss it out of hand?

                      Lots of research starts as a result of someone's conjecture on a particular issue, it's called creative thinking.

                      Are you so hot on grammar in your anti violence educator role?
                      Haven't updated that bit of my profile for quite a while and didn't realize I still had that listed as my job, but thanks for stalking my page. I'm doing research full time at the moment.

                      And I don't dismiss the study out of hand. I am being reasonably critical by examining where there might be problems in their methodology--that's actually good practice for reading any sort of journal article, which you would know if you were at least minimally scientifically literate. It's an interesting theory, but a conjectural study is just that. I would want to see additional research before I got too wound up over it.

                      I'm still not certain why I am arguing this with you since you are clearly here only to spew nonsensical, poorly-written tripe with minimal understanding of how food scarcity actually works in a global context. The only one who looks a fool here is you.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                      Owly's Journal

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by nixxy View Post
                        Ugh. Spacey really... just stop.

                        The problem is that it's not possible for them to just magically eat some "healthy" way for cheap. The way they're eating is a cycle, and the food guidelines and what they think they SHOULD be doing, just sets them up to fail over and over again.

                        Why do you think the obesity trend has continued? Do you really think 50% of the developed world really has will power that weak?

                        I think you're just one of those people who will never "get it". So perhaps don't worry about it, go on living your supreme life as your thin self. One day if you get fat, come back and tell us how easy it is to eat cheaply and lose weight and maintain your health.
                        No Nixxy you stop

                        I have been out of shape in my life but I know who was to blame and that that was ME, no excuses, no Oprah BS just me .

                        I can't speak for the USA but in the UK everyone knows about healthy eating unless they live in a cave

                        Lots of primal food is cheap, a lot cheaper than the processed equivalents but people are too lazy to cook. ... God forbid having to wait 30mins while the food is cooking. ..just microwave a pizza instead.

                        If you.are obese and doing something about it well done good luck but NEVER accept it

                        Comment


                        • I wonder if Spacey is a muppet puppet account being piloted by that other troll, JimHenson? He definitely seems like the sort of person who would use a muppet puppet troll.

                          "He came into our lives but now he's leaving..."

                          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

                          Griff's cholesterol primer
                          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                          bloodorchid is always right

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            Haven't updated that bit of my profile for quite a while and didn't realize I still had that listed as my job, but thanks for stalking my page. I'm doing research full time at the moment.

                            And I don't dismiss the study out of hand. I am being reasonably critical by examining where there might be problems in their methodology--that's actually good practice for reading any sort of journal article, which you would know if you were at least minimally scientifically literate. It's an interesting theory, but a conjectural study is just that. I would want to see additional research before I got too wound up over it.

                            I'm still not certain why I am arguing this with you since you are clearly here only to spew nonsensical, poorly-written tripe with minimal understandingly kg how food scarcity actually works in a global context. The only one who looks a fool here is you.
                            You are repeating the same old BS now and avoiding your own foolhardy response to my posts.

                            I think I actually said it was a potential basis for further research but it is not exactly hard to suppose that more people eating more than they need will have an effect at some point on limited resources

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
                              You are repeating the same old BS now and avoiding your own foolhardy response to my posts.
                              Someone needs a dictionary:

                              foolhardy - definition of foolhardy by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
                              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                              Owly's Journal

                              Comment



                              • foolhardy [ˈfuːlˌhɑːdɪ]
                                adj -hardier, -hardiest
                                heedlessly rash or adventurous


                                and your point is?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X