No announcement yet.

fat acceptance movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know - I always equated illiteracy with not being well read, but I could be wrong.

Methinks he doth protest too much.
    Durp.

Comment

• You are wrong about this and clearly so many things, this is the internet really i cant be bothered to check every bit of grammar

but the fact that you choose to focus on such a small matter when the intent of the word is obvious shows you to be the small minded petty individual that you are.

Still if it makes your day go for it

Comment

• Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
        You are wrong about this and clearly so many things, this is the internet really i cant be bothered to check every bit of grammar

but the fact that you choose to focus on such a small matter when the intent of the word is obvious shows you to be the small minded petty individual that you are.

Still if it makes your day go for it
        Oh, it does. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about myself and distracts you from your job of being obnoxious and egocentric.

My work here is very fulfilling.
        Durp.

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post

My work here is very fulfilling.
          Unlike YOU'RE real job walking in 45 degree heat , dodging dogs and walking in trash
          and then bitchin here about it

Comment

• Originally posted by spacey47 View Post
            Unlike YOU'RE real job walking in 45 degree heat , dodging dogs and walking in trash
            and then bitchin here about it
            That's my money-making job. Correcting your spelling and general ignorance is my joy-making job.
            Durp.

Comment

• Scalding heat, dodging dogs, and walking in trash is part of your job, RitaRose? YUCK. I'm buying you a drink and we can have a bitch session.

Once I had to clean a six-foot stripe of diarrhea from a slide at a daycare from a kid who crapped himself at the top and rode his way to the bottom. Thanks, kid.
              JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

That's my money-making job. Correcting your spelling and general ignorance is my joy-making job.
                I know what you are, so what am I? I know what you are, so what am I? ...ad infinitum

C'mon kids, truce. It's beautiful weather out and I smell the meat grilling. You've exercised those fingertips enough for today. Time to do some sprinting.
                "After all we did for Britain, selling all that corduroy and making it swing, and all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather, an MBE." --George Harrison

Comment

• Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  Scalding heat, dodging dogs, and walking in trash is part of your job, RitaRose? YUCK. I'm buying you a drink and we can have a bitch session.

Once I had to clean a six-foot stripe of diarrhea from a slide at a daycare from a kid who crapped himself at the top and rode his way to the bottom. Thanks, kid.
                  I don't envy you! That's terrible!
                  Durp.

Comment

Glad YOUR LIFE is working out as you hoped and that I am YOUR source of joy

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      And what exactly should the grossly overweight person in front of you do about it? If they put all those cakes, biscuits, crisps, and sugar laden soft drinks back on the shelf and filled their carts with vegetables, pasture-raised grass-fed meat, and healthy fats suddenly the entire world would be well nourished, happy, healthy, and prosperous? Of course not. Millions of pounds of food are sent to impoverished nations, billions in aid money is spread around to the same nations, hell, the UN is even trying to tax western countries for climate change to give more money to those poorer nations (because apparently the emissions from the less than 10,000 miles I drive a year is causing African children to starve). And guess what, the countries are still impoverished, the people still starve, and this will continue because the political instability in the region, the warlords who horde the food, and the lack of means to elevate themselves out of poverty will continue. So next time you see some one in front of you that makes you feel a bit sick remember they can't do a goddamned thing about the issue any more than you can pushing your cart around filled with all those healthy foods.
                      Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                      Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                      Current Weight: 235 pounds
                      Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• I think what I've learned most in this thread is that you can't force anyone to not judge or not have preconceived ideas of why someone is fat.

Someone will always be there saying "fat people are lazy", and someone else will counter with "many fat people workout very hard and try to eat right but are still fat ". OK. So both sides think their ideas trump the other, but really they don't. It's not all because of laziness, greed, apathy or ignorance. It's not all hormones, uninformed doctors or poor USDA guidelines. It's some combination of these things and more.

The bottom line to me is that I do not know everyone's story, and who am I to judge why someone is fat and if it is acceptable. This movement seems to be aiming for respectful treatment of fat people, regardless of the who, what, why they are fat. I'm good with that.

As I said before, there are studies that show criticism and shaming of obese people will NOT help them lose weight - in fact it is more likely to make things worse. If this movement does the exact opposite of shaming, perhaps it will give people more self-respect and desire to treat their bodies well, yes? Seems like a good idea to me. Perhaps you all disagree.
                        Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

The obvious winner. By a landslide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jen AlcesAlces View Post
                            I think what I've learned most in this thread is that you can't force anyone to not judge or not have preconceived ideas of why someone is fat.

Someone will always be there saying "fat people are lazy", and someone else will counter with "many fat people workout very hard and try to eat right but are still fat ". OK. So both sides think their ideas trump the other, but really they don't. It's not all because of laziness, greed, apathy or ignorance. It's not all hormones, uninformed doctors or poor USDA guidelines. It's some combination of these things and more.

The bottom line to me is that I do not know everyone's story, and who am I to judge why someone is fat and if it is acceptable. This movement seems to be aiming for respectful treatment of fat people, regardless of the who, what, why they are fat. I'm good with that.

As I said before, there are studies that show criticism and shaming of obese people will NOT help them lose weight - in fact it is more likely to make things worse. If this movement does the exact opposite of shaming, perhaps it will give people more self-respect and desire to treat their bodies well, yes? Seems like a good idea to me. Perhaps you all disagree.
                            Awwwww! Jen! There's nothing like reasonable, calm, and rational though cogently expressed to quash a perfectly awesome train wreck thread. Spoilsport.

Comment

• don't worry, trainwrecks take forever to stop!
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Awwwww! Jen! There's nothing like reasonable, calm, and rational though cogently expressed to quash a perfectly awesome train wreck thread. Spoilsport.
                                Sorry about that... Forget everything I wrote and replace it with: "you're the troll!!!"
                                Jen, former Midwesterner, living in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X