Primal Dystopian Novel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal Dystopian Novel

If you were to write a dystopian novel from a paleo/primal premise, what would your catalyst be?
    "Meat ban?" "Enforced soybean consumption?" "Monsanto buys all the land in the world?" "Rampant, mysterious livestock disease? (okay, already here)"

Soylent Bean

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
      Soylent Bean
      "My god, this cookbook... It reads- 'To serve soykind'! My god, run!!! RUN!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
        Soylent Bean
        Soylent Bean is Sheeple! It's Sheeple!

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          Soylent Bean is Sheeple! It's Sheeple!
          *snort* You're hired!

Comment

The "Staff of Life" faction takes total political power. Pasture lands are planted with wheat... oh, wait... the future is now.

Comment

Take your pick on stuff that already goes on....

I thought the first Hunger Games movie was a good dystopian movie that paleo-knowledgeable people would appreciate a little more.

Comment

"Divergent" is an even better teen dystopian novel. I highly recommend it.
                P.S. I just picked up a new dystopian adult novel, called "pure." Looking forward to it! I did my master's thesis on sexuality in the dystopian novel, so I try to read all I can.
                Last edited by Rasputina; 06-12-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                  "Divergent" is an even better teen dystopian novel. I highly recommend it.
                  I haven't been really into the whole 'novel' thing since middle school. I used to read adventure books though like Holes, Hatchet, Transall Saga, etc. My favorite of all time was Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Throw aside the paleo or dystopian label. Know of any good adventure books in general that I might like?

Comment

Originally posted by wiltondeportes View Post
                    I haven't been really into the whole 'novel' thing since middle school. I used to read adventure books though like Holes, Hatchet, Transall Saga, etc. My favorite of all time was Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Throw aside the paleo or dystopian label. Know of any good adventure books in general that I might like?
                    Hey, I'd be happy to ping you with some recs tomorrow, since I'm going to bed. I'm currently a librarian, so I love hooking people up with books! Sounds like you enjoy wilderness adventures and more realistic fiction. I'll find some good things for you

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                      Hey, I'd be happy to ping you with some recs tomorrow, since I'm going to bed. I'm currently a librarian, so I love hooking people up with books! Sounds like you enjoy wilderness adventures and more realistic fiction. I'll find some good things for you
                      Ya I guess, but I don't want it to be really dry. I like the comedy and creativeness. I also like a little bit of that science-fictiony side of some books where people fell into wormholes and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X