I feel so unwell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel so unwell

I have been eating as healthy as poss for two weeks now but I feel like crap!! I have eliminated grains and am eating veg,salads,cheese,eggs and fish. I have very little milk in a few small cups of tea. I have no energy and this morning I have the most dreadful pains around the ribs area at the back mostly left side. Hurts when I breathe and move, every joint seems to ache. Any ideas? I was thinking of nipping to the doctors tomorrow but not sure.

How much of everything are you eating?
    Enough fat?
    Are you choosing to avoid red meat/chicken?

The pain when moving/breathing says to me you should visit your doc

Comment

Only things I can think of at the top of my head: carb flu (if you went from heavy carb diet to low carb), too little fat, not enough calories, dehydration. Could you give an example of what you've been eating in a day (including any fats added)?

Comment

I usually have two eggs for my first meal either scrammbled or fried in butter, I eat one to two teaspoons ( i know its not much but it makes me heave) of coconut oil. Lots of water, fish, veg a lot of salads, some chicken also. Today I finished off some hollumi cheese which I char-grilled with a bit of cod and some brocoli, califlower and an olive oil,lemon and garlic dressing. Yesterday was salmon on a bed of salad leaves with olives,anchovey and red onion dressing. Sometimes I will snack on nuts or just a peice of chedder cheese.

Comment

Are you saying that you only have 2 eggs for breakfast.. and nothing else?

Comment

Originally posted by Metric View Post
            Are you saying that you only have 2 eggs for breakfast.. and nothing else?
            Sounds like it. I was more wondering what the rest of the day was like. For example, I have no idea what 'some' chicken is. What is 'a bit of cod'? 'A lot of salad'? Personally I consider more than one piece of lettuce on a burger 'a lot of salad'. If someone asked me what I had for dinner, I might say, "A piece of steak" Now that piece would be about 12 ounces or so. Would it be the same for you OP? How about an accurate break down? Something like:

breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in butter

lunch 3 cups of lettuce, 1 cup of assorted veggies (onion, carrot, mushrooms), 2 TBS lemon and garlic dressing, 2 oz cheese, 4 oz chicken breast

dinner: 6 oz cod, 1 small sweet potato, 2 cups broccoli.

Something so we can actually get an idea of how many calories you are eating and the macros. Also, how old and tall are you? How much do you weigh? Do you exercise? If so what? All of this matters.

Do you have any health concerns? Low thyroid? Diabetes? Anything else that might be making you sick? Were you a vegetarian for 15 years? Are you food sensitive? to what?

I'm not trying to be rude but "a bit of cod" doesn't tell us jack squat.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
              Sounds like it. I was more wondering what the rest of the day was like. For example, I have no idea what 'some' chicken is. What is 'a bit of cod'? 'A lot of salad'? Personally I consider more than one piece of lettuce on a burger 'a lot of salad'. If someone asked me what I had for dinner, I might say, "A piece of steak" Now that piece would be about 12 ounces or so. Would it be the same for you OP? How about an accurate break down? Something like:

breakfast: 2 eggs cooked in butter

lunch 3 cups of lettuce, 1 cup of assorted veggies (onion, carrot, mushrooms), 2 TBS lemon and garlic dressing, 2 oz cheese, 4 oz chicken breast

dinner: 6 oz cod, 1 small sweet potato, 2 cups broccoli.

Something so we can actually get an idea of how many calories you are eating and the macros. Also, how old and tall are you? How much do you weigh? Do you exercise? If so what? All of this matters.

Do you have any health concerns? Low thyroid? Diabetes? Anything else that might be making you sick? Were you a vegetarian for 15 years? Are you food sensitive? to what?

I'm not trying to be rude but "a bit of cod" doesn't tell us jack squat.

+1

Comment

I have a hard time seeing how any of the stuff we are talking about here would cause significant pain in the OPs ribs and joint pain.

I say a trip to the doctor is in order.
                Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Sorry, I am 5'6" weight 75kg and take levothyroxine because I only have half a thyroid.
                  My doc says I have Fibromyalgia but I am one of those who doesn't really believe this is a reall illness ( I know people will be screaming at me now but that is my opinion sorry)
                  I do only have eggs for breackfast as I am not really that hungry. sometimes I skip it but I have read that it is o.k. to do that.
                  When I say a lot of salad leaves I mean I cover my plate high with them and then put the food on top
                  I average around 200g of meat or fish at each meal
                  Around 7 forets of brocoli and the same for cali
                  Dressing is usually just olive oil poured into bowl about 3tablespoons, half a lemon juice and about 4 cloves of garlic.
                  I dont excersise at the moment as my muscles are very weak, I was going to ask in the fitness thread about the best way to start.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                    I have a hard time seeing how any of the stuff we are talking about here would cause significant pain in the OPs ribs and joint pain.

I say a trip to the doctor is in order.

^This is true also. And it came on after 2 weeks. Yeah, probably time to use us some of that NHS tax you've been paying

Edit:
                    Originally posted by ilovedogs View Post
                    My doc says I have Fibromyalgia but I am one of those who doesn't really believe this is a reall illness ( I know people will be screaming at me now but that is my opinion sorry)
                    While I have issues with believing in fibro because it seems to be a label for pretty much anything doctors can't diagnose as anything else, it seems to me through reading others' experiences that the pain etc is real. For example, I might call my big toe pain 'rhinofoot' even though rhinofoot is totally made up that doesn't mean my big toe doesn't hurt. So while you may not believe in the giant umbrella disorder of fibro your pain might have a cause the doc can figure out. I'm with jammies, go to the doc
                    Last edited by canio6; 06-10-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Yes I will go in the morning. Any adivce on the diet?

Comment

Yes I will go in the morning. Any adivce on the diet?
                        165 pounds....7 oz meat at meals (sorry, I have to Americanize weights). Sounds okay to me. You are getting veg, getting protein, fats might be an issue given you are eating fish and chicken which are low in fat generally. I would not eat straight up coconut oil if it makes you gag (it does the same to me if I try to eat it straight, but I can cook with it okay). I'd put your food into a food tracker for a day or three to see where your calories and macros are hitting.

Many people here (especially women it seems) need to track calories and such to lose weight. If you are hitting the right numbers (for you) and satisfied with your food then it seems fine to me. Once you check out the tracker you can see if some adjustments are needed.

I think the pain is due to other issues. (Not that I am a doctor, so yeah, go see him/her tomorrow)

Edit: Checking out your food again, I do not see any starches...sweet potatoes etc. I try to eat a potato/sweet potato or two a week. It seems to work best for me this way. Others have reported feeling better after adding a bit of starch back into their diet. I have no idea if you are doing VLC or whatever, but that is not always the best approach for everyone.
                        Last edited by canio6; 06-10-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Since weight loss is a main issue I am trying to stay away from starches but I do have melon, mango and grapes.

Comment

Since weight loss is a main issue I am trying to stay away from starches but I do have melon, mango and grapes.
                            Fair enough Good luck at the doc tomorrow. I hope all is well.

Comment

My money's on costochondritis, although could be a ton of other things, e.g. pneumonia or pulmonary embolism.

Comment

Working...
                              X