Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss my All Bran

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    After giving birth to my daughter, going #2 was the most excrutiating experience of my life. Seriously, I would have rather have been in labor again. I didn't poop for over a week, even though I had to. The pain kept building and building. The doctor gave me a prescription for colase (sp?) but it did NOTHING. It was a nightmare.
    You know what worked?
    Copious amounts of prunes and chocolate milk.

    prunes & chocolate = God's laxative, I tell ya what. If I have to go through that experience again when I have my next kid, I am buying Mojo Milk to mix with our raw dairy and prunes like the zombie apocalypse is coming!
    Oh and maybe I'll stuff the prunes with some coconut oil. I hear it has a laxative effect on some people
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • #17
      i used the supplements from gutsense, which did wonders. If you don't want to order Hydro-C, you could just buy a similar thing from your local store, because it's basically a gentle form of vitamin C - take about 2 grams on an empty stomach, wait about 1/2 an hour to eat. If you're vitamin C deficient, it won't stimulate a BM, because you're body will just suck it all up, so keep taking about 500 mg until you do have a BM. This, in combination with a big dose of magnesium citrate the night before is the only thing that gets me going when I'm stopped up.

      Comment


      • #18
        When I increase my fats to about 60%+ daily calories, things move more smoothly. You'd need to do it for a few days to see if it'd help. I think it took about 3-4 days of higher fat intake to notice a difference. May not help, but it may be worth a shot (if you haven't gone up that high already). Best of luck!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
          i used the supplements from gutsense
          Yeah, I looked into this, but seemed a little exxy. Im getting the Vit C now and the magnesium so hopefully the next few days will improve. Im more an "every other day" kinda guy so perhaps Ill update you all after the weekend.
          I'll be back

          Comment


          • #20
            I read gutsense, even bought the book, i was wondering because i thought i read the author himself declare that you don't necessarily have to buy his brands that he mentions equivalent substitutes? I didn't come across this but is something like Hydro-C available in local stores? I dno't fancy buying off his website but i guess it wouldn't hurt to try some suitbale substitues but i'm not sure what these supplements are exactly or what they're called in stores...

            Comment


            • #21
              Also, lots of leafy greens. Really works for me to get things moving. I completely forgot about this.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
                After giving birth to my daughter, going #2 was the most excrutiating experience of my life. Seriously, I would have rather have been in labor again. I didn't poop for over a week, even though I had to. The pain kept building and building. The doctor gave me a prescription for colase (sp?) but it did NOTHING. It was a nightmare.
                You know what worked?
                Copious amounts of prunes and chocolate milk.

                prunes & chocolate = God's laxative, I tell ya what. If I have to go through that experience again when I have my next kid, I am buying Mojo Milk to mix with our raw dairy and prunes like the zombie apocalypse is coming!
                Oh and maybe I'll stuff the prunes with some coconut oil. I hear it has a laxative effect on some people
                Fudge babies! (ala ChocolateCoverdKatie style) Fudge Babies
                But made with cocoa powder, coconut oil, and prunes (instead of dates) ... maybe some coconut to bind it a bit.
                It just might work!
                Hmm... you could munch on them with a big glass of choc milk...
                You should probably perfect that recipe before the baby comes, and have a little stockpile ready tucked away somewhere.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                Comment


                • #23
                  We have a giant smoothie every morning with kefir, berries, coconut oil, flax seed, 1/2 a banana & protein powder. It definitely keeps my tummy happy and seems to help with everything else. I started drinking those the same time I started going primal, so I don't have a with & without comparison.

                  I got the kefir grains from an eastern European woman on craigslist. I feed it raw milk and it grows like crazy. I get a nice rush after drinking it (usually on my drive into work) then a brisk 1/2 mile walk from parking lot to building. I think the walk helps keep things moving too.
                  Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                    You should probably perfect that recipe before the baby comes, and have a little stockpile ready tucked away somewhere.
                    and do a Primal Junk Foodie twist on it, of course!
                    Something Pure makes chocolate coconut oil that's delicious enough to eat right off the spoon. Maybe I should do some bark. it can be my revenge on Christmas since I'll probably be doing Whole 30 my last few months of pregnancy as I wage war on my blood sugar.
                    --Trish (Bork)
                    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
                      and do a Primal Junk Foodie twist on it, of course!
                      Something Pure makes chocolate coconut oil that's delicious enough to eat right off the spoon. Maybe I should do some bark. it can be my revenge on Christmas since I'll probably be doing Whole 30 my last few months of pregnancy as I wage war on my blood sugar.
                      Chocolate coconut bark covered prunes... Frak...I'd eat that!
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Molasses seems to get me moving, otherwise I'm also a once or twice a week dumper, unless I''m getting my usual mountain of veggies.
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                          Chocolate coconut bark covered prunes... Frak...I'd eat that!
                          that's not far off from "visions of sugar plums danced in their heads" is it!
                          --Trish (Bork)
                          TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
                          http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
                          FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            i do better with cooked greens rather than raw. how much magnesium are you taking?
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                            – Ernest Hemingway

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                              Molasses seems to get me moving, otherwise I'm also a once or twice a week dumper, unless I''m getting my usual mountain of veggies.
                              I wonder how molasses would taste in a smoothie....might have to try tomorrow. The chocolate prunes sound yummy too.
                              Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by noodletoy View Post
                                how much magnesium are you taking?
                                truckloads. 2 x 3gms a day. Powdered form, with my breakfast shake and after dinner.
                                I'll be back

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X