Actual convo with my roommate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actual convo with my roommate...

Him: By the end of the night I will have had four dinners tonight!
    Me: Uh, isn't that a bit excessive?
    Him: Nah. I had a bowl of pasta with alfredo sauce when I got home at 4:30, and then I went to the mall with my friend and we got slices of pizza. I got home at about 6:00, and decided I'd make a bowl of oatmeal to get some fiber.
    Me: But that's only three dinners, so...?
    Him: Now it's 7:00 and another friend invited me to go out for wings and ice cream. Hell yes!
    Me: Yep, it's excessive. And you had breakfast and lunch today too?
    Him: Of course! I had a bowl of Lucky Charms for breakie and for lunch I had a penut butter and jelly sandwich on Wonder Bread. Can't let my metabolism slow down! What have you eaten today?
    Me: Absolutely nothing all day.
    Him: Jesus man, you need to start eating! Your metabolism must be glacial!

I didn't even bother to tell him everything that was wrong with this conversation.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Why not?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Tell him metabolisms don't start to slow down for atleast 48/72 hours. I think more people need to know that. I certainly wish I was told this when I used to eat 6 times a day.

Comment

Your roommate said "breakie?" I can see why you posted this thread.
        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
          Why not?
          Because I've already explained it to him hundreds of times before, and it didn't take then, it won't now.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpycakes View Post
            Your roommate said "breakie?" I can see why you posted this thread.
            Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
              Tell him metabolisms don't start to slow down for atleast 48/72 hours. I think more people need to know that. I certainly wish I was told this when I used to eat 6 times a day.
              Yeah, I used to believe that ol' myth too. It was bad for me when I wasn't able to eat because of school/work or whatever. I would literally freak out.

Comment

You can lead a CW to good health/food, but you can't make them eat:-)
                Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerGrok View Post
                  You can lead a CW to good health/food, but you can't make them eat:-)
                  This guy, it's not hard to convince him to eat. He's talking about how he dreads the "metabolic slowdown" he's going to suffer in a number of years.

Ah, Mark's post yesterday would have something to say about that one, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                    Yeah, I used to believe that ol' myth too. It was bad for me when I wasn't able to eat because of school/work or whatever. I would literally freak out.
                    If that's typical for your roommate, can you imagine how crappy he would feel if he missed just one meal?
                    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by SegrestEllenl
                      I think more people need to know that.
                      Wait, which thing are you talking about? Hah.

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                        If that's typical for your roommate, can you imagine how crappy he would feel if he missed just one meal?
                        Oh God... I am laughing just thinking about it. I remember the time I told him what IFing was and why it's good.

"Good?!? Sounds more like a way of committing suicide to me!"

Comment

My roomie convo:

Me: Oh yeah, I made this lard from the pig I got last month.
                          Her: Lard? But, isn't that high in fat?
                          If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by tfarny View Post
                            My roomie convo:

Me: Oh yeah, I made this lard from the pig I got last month.
                            Her: Lard? But, isn't that high in fat?
                            Some people just weren't made to be enlightened I guess. We can't ALL have it so good!

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                              Some people just weren't made to be enlightened I guess. We can't ALL have it so good!
                              Someone probably said the same thing about you once
                              Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                              Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                              Current Weight: 235 pounds
                              Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                              X