Sunscreen - hairy arms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunscreen - hairy arms

so I need a sunscreen for times when i have extended sun exposure with no shade. I try to use mineral based stuff, but it just seems to catch the hair on my arms, and make me look as though I have white sleeves (I'm a guy).

Any brand suggestions?

I recommend the Rail Riders ecomesh shirts.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Long sleeved pure cotton shirts and a hat.

Comment

Depends if he wants to cover his arms or not. I don't see the point of rolling your sleeved up then putting sunscreen on bear arms. I wear the same white cotton shirts on the beach (if it is hot enough) as I do in the office. But I never wear sunscreen, and not much would persuade me there can be any health benefits to plastering your living skin with mineral oil.

Comment

just looking for sunscreen recommendations.....

Comment

You might wanna try tinted sunscreen - that's what I often use on my face if I'm outdoors for a long time and need a thick coat that would be way too white otherwise. I use DDF sunscreen - it's expensive, though. I bought mine at Sephora.

Comment

Oh lordy, just get the spray stuff.

It sprays on clear (like hair spray) and then you can rub it in so you make sure it
              gets past those hairy arms!

Anyway, you'll be Shiny Man, but not white.

Julie

Comment

Don't put anything on your skin that you aren't whiling to eat. You skin absorbs a good portion of that sunscreen which then enters your blood stream, the next stop is your liver...

Comment

You should shave your arms, you're not a barbarian, live like a civilized person.
                  Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                  Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                  Current Weight: 235 pounds
                  Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Originally posted by kenn View Post
                    You should shave your arms, you're not a barbarian, live like a civilized person.
                    for real, be a man

shave those arms

really tho, like another poster said, just get the spray on crap
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
                      Oh lordy, just get the spray stuff.

It sprays on clear (like hair spray) and then you can rub it in so you make sure it
                      gets past those hairy arms!

Anyway, you'll be Shiny Man, but not white.

Julie
                      sprays on sticky... hate the spray. just use coco oil mang
                      I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Kenn, the OP does mention he is a guy. I agree that it is a bit questionable asking about sunscreen but you shouldn't immediately assume he is gay. He'd be asking over on the gay thread if that was the case.

Comment

what's questionable about sunscreen again?
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

I'm suggesting no real man need us sunscreen any more than shampoo, hair conditioner or moisturiser. Nothing wrong with getting grizzled. Toughens you up.

Apart from my war on metrosexuality (which is only for fun) I really do think no one need wear sunscreen. I think if you have enough dietary animal fats and cholesterol you just tan instead, and probably rubbing mineral oil into your skin is more likely to cause cancer than prevent it. There is a Stephanie Seneff article along those lines somewhere. Also in extreme cases it is better just to wear a long sleeved shirt. I do.
                            Last edited by billp; 06-01-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

If I don't have liver cancer from all the booze I've had to drink or currently drink
                              per week, sunscreen ain't gonna kill me.

Get the spray, get the spray.

Sticky beats burnt to a crisp. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                              X