Men who are vegetarian turn me off.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men who are vegetarian turn me off.

I have been noticing as i've been dating around a little, that vegetarian guys turn me off. Or if a guys is trying to "watch his weight" so he eats a vegetarian meal. I know it is not really his fault, because he is brainwashed with what is healthy b.s on the news. But seriously, grow some balls and eat meat. Ugh. I hate that. So I now expect the guy to eat meat, that's a deal breaker for me now. Weird. Anyone other women feel the same way?

no, but i think having strong opinions around the dietary choices of your mate is pretty normal. I myself am a recovering vegetarian (both hubby and I are), and honestly, if he hadn't eaten the same way as me all these years, it would have been pretty difficult to live happily together. So, I say, good for you, it's better to know what things are dealbreakers than to end up with someone who makes you crazy.

Comment

I just don't like pale skinny-flabby dudes, which happens to be a fairly common bodytype among vegetarians.

Comment

I can't date a guy who doesn't eat meat. I like my men more masculine than I am.

Comment

I know this one absolutely drop dead gorgeous like an underwear model vegan guy (unfortunately married) for whom I would completely zip it about the benefits of PB.

Healthy vegans don't seem to be the norm however.

At 50, most of the guys in my age range are falling apart and on so many medications.

I met this one guy on line who was Primal and a crossfit buff (and hot) but we had 180 degree opposite opinions on politics and religion. Oh well.

Comment

In a similar vein, I could never date women who didn't care about themselves in terms of what they put into their bodies. I once lasted about a week or two with someone who consumed nothing but Coke and Ragu. Concern for your innards is sexy!

Comment

One of my best friends is a mostly-vegetarian. Ditto on teh skinny pale & not-too-strong. I have a hard time not blurting out "eat some meat before you keel over!" at random moments when we hang out.
              Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Comment

The vegans I met back in the day were actually kind of hot.

Comment

Personality is what is important, not all vegans are militant.

Comment

Give me a gal that can go head to head on the ribeye:-)
                    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Comment

Otoh if you want confirmation that vegans are a turnoff, watch The Raw Food World show with Matt Monarch:

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                        Otoh if you want confirmation that vegans are a turnoff, watch The Raw Food World show with Matt Monarch:
                        Haha, this is definitely proof. I guess the turnoff for me is the masculinity thing. Girls should be the ones afraid to eat meat (they shouldn't be but some are), not men.

Comment

Originally posted by lvgrl90 View Post
                          I have been noticing as i've been dating around a little, that vegetarian guys turn me off. Or if a guys is trying to "watch his weight" so he eats a vegetarian meal. I know it is not really his fault, because he is brainwashed with what is healthy b.s on the news. But seriously, grow some balls and eat meat. Ugh. I hate that. So I now expect the guy to eat meat, that's a deal breaker for me now. Weird. Anyone other women feel the same way?
                          This is crass, but, even vegetarian men like a girl with a taste for their meat. Lick, but don't bite.

Comment

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                            Personality is what is important, not all vegans are militant.
                            I think it's also a "fit in with your lifestyle" thing. For example, someone could have an awesome personality, but if they said hated dogs, that would be a turn-off for me. I see food in a similar manner; a vegan just would not fit in with my lifestyle or mesh well with my farmer/hunter family.

Comment

I think you should keep in mind that they are at least keeping in mind their health, even if they are ill-informed on what a healthy meal really is. You were probably like them too, to some extent, once.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                              X