Storing cooked bacon?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing cooked bacon?

I really want to make bacon for lunch but don't have a fridge right now. I will have access to a fridge tonight so I was wondering if I could cook all of the bacon and store it crumbled in a container at room temp? It will be at least 7-8 hours. I mean, I've eaten pizza sitting out all night in the a.m. So how bad can it be?

I would be okay with it. It cools off fast on its own so it's not sitting there for a long time at the nice warm bacteria growing temperature and it's salty, which acts like a preservative...as far as I know....
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

It can sit at room temperature...don't make bacon cold; that just will taste nasty. Especially with all the cold, congealed fat.
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
        It can sit at room temperature...don't make bacon cold; that just will taste nasty. Especially with all the cold, congealed fat.
        I find cold bacon to be da bomb. but i also like cold chinese food, cold pizza, cold basically everything

Comment

keeping fully-cooked bacon at room temp for a few hours is no biggie. raw bacon, er... not so much.
          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
            I find cold bacon to be da bomb. but i also like cold chinese food, cold pizza, cold basically everything
            Nom nom nom...love cold bacon.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by JennaRose View Post
              Cold pizza and coke used to be my favorite breakfast in my pre-primal days. Round Table pizza was the best cold.

Comment

I have taken cold bacon on 1000+ mile road trips for a good snack.
                I wish I liked to eat liver.

Comment

my wife and kids like cold bacon. I think it is nasty! put some heat in my bacon!

Comment

my wife and kids like cold bacon. I think it is nasty! put some heat in my bacon! Room temp bacon for a few hours should be fine.

Comment

So cooked bacon at room temp sounds perfectly ok to me. :-) thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X