Red Wine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apple View Post
    Personally, I think it would be much harder to start a red wine love affair in the heat of summer. White wine is cooler, but I don't like white wine much, though, so I don't drink it.
    Good thinking -- maybe I'll focus on white first.

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
    Some 25 bottles later and I still don't like it. I am going back to some dry whites, gin with perrier, and random shots of tequila.
    Haha -- nice! I like the gin and perrier idea, so I'll definitely try that. I also like whiskey and rum, so that always works. If all else fails, I'll just find a way to squeeze in some beer lol.

Comment

drinking red wine because it's good for you is kinda coming at this from the wrong end.

i work as a sommelier and for a complete noob, i'd suggest googling some of your local wine shops to find out when they hold tastings. they're usually free and you'll get to try a few ounces of different wines, at zero cost. if you find something you like, buy it. if not, try again at the next tasting.

different people like different things. for example, i can't stomach california pinot noir, finding it overbearing and out of character. but i could drink many pinots from oregon and just about any red burgundy all day.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Mark West Pinot Noir...start there

Comment

Working...
        X