Bizarre Dreams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bizarre Dreams

It is worth noting, that last night I had a dream about a giant,silver present box UFO landing outside my apartment window. The box unlocked, trifold, to reveal gorilla-headed monkey dolls with bulging eyes, and pairs of men and women, sipping lattes and unbuckling themselves.

The gorilla dolls advanced, terrifying me, then disappeared, along with the box. I fled to a bar in New Orleans, whereupon I met one of the human occupants of the silver present box UFO. I asked him why he was here. His reply: "We never left. We went back. We copulated. We saved you." Then he finished his cocktail and walked out. Freaky shit.

Could it be that the something frightens you and you trust your parents to help you through it?
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Are you part native? Because it could be cultural guilt about ignoring your ancestors too.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Are you taking Larium? I had crazy dreams when my on my anti-malarials. I subsequently stopped taking anti-malarials.

Comment

Lol. I am a quarter Native American, but I don't think this has anything to do with it. I'm not on meds... just fu**ed up, I guess!

Comment

I'm a dream interpreter. Let me handle this...

It sounds to me like you're grieving over an issue with your mother.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosnic View Post
              I'm a dream interpreter. Let me handle this...

It sounds to me like you're grieving over an issue with your mother.
              Hahaha!!! Silver, present-shaped UFOs, gorilla doll aliens, copulating universe jumpers- yep, totally a mommy issue!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                Lol. I am a quarter Native American, but I don't think this has anything to do with it. I'm not on meds... just fu**ed up, I guess!
                Oh dear... no you aren't.
                You didn't kill anyone via slow, methodical dismemberment... or chainsaw... or any of like 100 other ways. You are fine.
                Heck, I'm pretty sure I'M fine... and the above dreams are mine! I've been dreaming graphic violent dreams for as long as I can remember.
                Yes, I kill people regularly in my dreams. No big deal, since its not real and when I wake up my husband is always 100% intact, and the other people are imaginary.
                “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Well, I'm about to go to sleep, to see if I can summon part 2 of this alien copulation fest. Wish me luck.

What bizarre dreams have you had, lately?

Comment

Oh, I read "went back" as if they were time travellers. It sounds more like an internal struggle between your wild side and your civilized side. You're afraid of that other side, you think that your civilized side will save you. The thing is, those gorillas and latte sippers are really the same thing. They're just packaged differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputina View Post
                      It is worth noting, that last night I had a dream about a giant,silver present box UFO landing outside my apartment window. The box unlocked, trifold, to reveal gorilla-headed monkey dolls with bulging eyes, and pairs of men and women, sipping lattes and unbuckling themselves.
                      Doesn't necessarily mean a lot.

The gorilla-headed monkey dolls are probably a riff on the concept of "evolutionary medicine" that's bandied around in the forums here. The lattes probably represent concerns about whether dairy products are primal or not. LOL.

You play back your day in dreams; you probably also play back what you read here. Only in dreams, things end up in somewhat crazy forms.

I fled to a bar in New Orleans
                      Well, that sounds like a good idea.

... whereupon I met one of the human occupants of the silver present box UFO. I asked him why he was here. His reply: "We never left. We went back. We copulated. We saved you." Then he finished his cocktail and walked out. Freaky shit.
                      There's the theme of evolutionary biology again: useful adaptations -- "we saved you" -- are passed on through sexual reproduction -- "We copulated".

And sex is a human preoccupation after all ... and something else that's chewed over on these forums -- e.g.:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread54546.html

In fine, the dream indicates you spend too much time on these forums.

Comment

It certainly must tie back to drugs. You probably had too much sugar today (in any of it's common forms). Or wheat.

Yeah, it was probably the wheat.

Comment

That was real Rasputina. I was there too!

Comment

Freud says dreams are wishes fulfilled.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                              Freud says dreams are wishes fulfilled.
                              If Freud was right (and I don't think that he was)... a lot of people are lucky I'm still just dreaming, husband included! LOL

I wasn't even annoyed with husband before I dreamed of dismembering him. He was alive and awake BTW.
                              I place no store in dreams....
                              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Working...
                              X