Any homosexual/bisexual primals here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any homosexual/bisexual primals here?

Are there any homosexual primals/paleos here? I'm a female bisexual, married to a man. Just wondering if there are any of us on here?

Yup!!!
    JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

Comment

Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      Yup!!!
      *hugs* Of course, dear, but we can't be the onliest ones?

Comment

The reason I ask is because, well, I just asked a question about the Paleo community's acceptance of gays on PaleoHacks, and my question was deleted.
        The question was about how to convince my vegan gay friends, who are interested in Paleo, that the community was accepting of gays. They've read a lot of paleo/primal forum thread about health and evolution, as it pertains to breeding/natural selection. As you can imagine, this didn't go over too well. I am trying to show them that this way of eating/way of life does not subscribe heavily to heterosexuality, but am struggling to come up with examples or a strong backing for homosexuals/bisexuals.
        Maybe someone can help me out?

Comment

Not gay or bi, but the paleo community as a whole seems pretty accepting of people no matter what. As long as you are not a total asshat (a trait which knows no one sexuality) then people are treated pretty much the same in my observation. Gay Panda is accepted because he is cool as hell, not because he is gay, straight, bi or just really fuzzy with a cute expression while he eats bamboo. I'm honestly of the opinion that sexuality doesn't matter. Sure, we need to breed to continue as a species but plenty of heterosexual people here are not planning to breed (myself included) so they are the same as homosexuals in that regard. Also, unless someone makes their sexuality an issue how would anyone even know?

Sooooo...long story short, there are closed-minded folk everywhere but here at least there seems to be less of them Hell, it is far less acceptable here to be vegan than gay

Comment

Thanks, canio6!

Comment

I'm not gay - but I am a big supporter of gay rights.

When I think about homosexuality and evolution I see it in a bit of a different way. People always argue that homosexuality should quickly be selected against because of reduced offspring numbers. However, since it has NOT been selected out of any populations studied so far, I would argue that there must be an important role for homosexuality in tribal/pack groups.

However, I feel even if there is no evolutionary or biological explanation for homosexuality it just doesn't matter. I can't imagine anything that worries me less than how any two consenting adults pursue love.
              Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

I'm a hetero, but I'll accept you even if you decide to go down the slippery slope and marry a bowl of fruit salad.

Comment

gay woman here......i hate the word lesbian.....it sounds like I should be a vegan with a rescue golden retriever and I need to pay dues or something....

I am no help at all tho......I don't preach on the primal thing cuz I don't want to hear about the vegan thing.......

Comment

Bi woman with a male partner here. I find most people in the paleo community are pretty accepting, although there are some people who will say it's not primal because it's non-reproductive (but those are usually people who are trying to find a justification for their prejudices anyhow and would be just as biased as vegans as they are as paleos).
                    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                      When I think about homosexuality and evolution I see it in a bit of a different way. People always argue that homosexuality should quickly be selected against because of reduced offspring numbers. However, since it has NOT been selected out of any populations studied so far, I would argue that there must be an important role for homosexuality in tribal/pack groups.
                      Straight parents can have gay kids, and gay parents can have straight kids. Innate =/= genetic. It's an aspect of the individual's mind, just like any other personality trait.
                      Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

Queer female here.
                        Different than bi because I'm also a little "weird" I guess, but married to a great guy.

It's pretty well know that among studied cultures and tribes that there are/were many that had places within their society for non-gender conforming individuals. Some of those statuses were quite elevated. Not every tribe/society of course, but still... some may not have seen the need to as their structure allowed for more flexible definitions of "marriage" pairings, such as tribes where the husband and the wife never really live together but only really spend time together to copulate for reproduction and spend the rest of their time in different same sex living quarters and relationships. This is because there have just always been people who were not 100% "straight" no matter where ever else they were on the spectrum of sexuality.

Gay is primal just fine... non reproductive member of tribes (who possibly didn't reproduce for other reasons as well... hello sterility) often performed important work and support functions that helped their immediate family and other tribe members. To say it's not primal is a joke... neither is driving your car, having running water, using your computer, or about a million other things that people do every day as a choice that are way less determined by actual genetics and evolution than sexual preference.

All that said, I have no idea how to convert a Vegan regardless of sexual orientation, except to say that evolution did have a place for everyone... and they they would be welcome here if they decide to stop by as long a they don't throw rocks at us for eating meat.
                        Last edited by cori93437; 05-11-2012, 06:20 PM.
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by brighthorse View Post
                          gay woman here......i hate the word lesbian.....it sounds like i should be a vegan with a rescue golden retriever and i need to pay dues or something....

I am no help at all tho......i don't preach on the primal thing cuz i don't want to hear about the vegan thing.......
                          lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm in a relationship with a man. I tease him that he's my lesbian lover. He's all soft and emotional. He used to work at the Rape Crisis Center. His first wife was a lesbian. I'd be a lesbian except I don't like women. They are nuts! The women I've been with made life miserable. Way too emotional. The Ship that Sailed into the Living Room and all that baggage. Let's talk about our feelings. Oh crap. I hate that shit! So I guess that kinda makes me like a gay guy in a relationship with a slightly lesbian man. Ha ha.
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I'm a hetero white male, but since we're qualified to speak with authority on all subjects, I'll chime in!

I don't think Primal has any particular negativity towards the gay community. In general this group is socially very liberal. There's no real evolutionary anti-gay argument to be made that I can think of (many animals exhibit "gay behavior" for one).
                              I don't see the connection between veganism and lesbianism either, though. Why can't you eat meat and like girls? I don't get it.
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Working...
                              X