Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Political & socio-economic nerd-rage thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I can tell, the IWW was the shit

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
      And does your fictional reinterpretation of the american civil war explain why other people in other countries are slaves too? I can only presume that Lincoln do the dirty on them too, or else via some amazing coincidence they all became wage slaves through a series of unlikely conspiracies?

Or perhaps you are making claims that have no basis in reality.
      The struggle against the slavery of the central banking system goes all the way back to the 1600s with the Rothschilds.

There were periods in American history where we were free from this tyranny. There was no central bank in Lincoln's time, however Hamilton was well aware of the tyranny and power of the central banking system and wanted to implement it here.

Just exactly which claims of mine are you claiming have no basis in reality? It's clear to me that what you know about Lincoln and the Civil War can be summed up in a single 8th grade history exam given by a state run school, taught by a statist teacher, being paid by the state.

Comment

• Ffs slavery and/or the civil war?

Lol you derailers
        Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
        Starting Weight: 294 pounds
        Current Weight: 235 pounds
        Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• The Real Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

• Originally posted by Grok View Post
            Just exactly which claims of mine are you claiming have no basis in reality? It's clear to me that what you know about Lincoln and the Civil War can be summed up in a single 8th grade history exam given by a state run school, taught by a statist teacher, being paid by the state.
            "You are forced at gunpoint to hand over the wealth your earn to your slave masters in Congress. All this tyranny can be traced back to Lincoln and the power grab he made and the way he changed the power structure in this country."

Your colourful depiction of 'taxation' as being a gunpoint robbery by slave masters is laughable. Every other first world country has taxation too. Did Lincoln rob them too?
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Your colourful depiction of 'taxation' as being a gunpoint robbery by slave masters is laughable. Every other first world country has taxation too. Did Lincoln rob them too?
              Americans actually fought a revolutionary war against the British to end taxation. Lincoln implemented taxation, along with printing his own greenbacks as money, acting as his own central bank. After the war, that ended though.

Woodrow Wilson brought it back, along with central banking in 1913. He learned about that from Lincoln who learned it from Clay who learned it from Hamilton who learned it from Rothschild.

Just out of curiosity, how would you define taxes?

Comment

Every first world country has taxation
                Are you trying to imply that 3rd world countries don't have taxation?

Comment

Americans actually fought a revolutionary war against the British to end taxation.
                  Spitting into the wind a little there, don't you think?

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                  Lincoln implemented taxation, along with printing his own greenbacks as money, acting as his own central bank. After the war, that ended though.

Woodrow Wilson brought it back, along with central banking in 1913. He learned about that from Lincoln who learned it from Clay who learned it from Hamilton who learned it from Rothschild.

Just out of curiosity, how would you define taxes?
                  I'd define taxes as being a financial charge by the government levied on those governed to sustain itself.

And it's mandatory in any society more sophisticated than a village (bigger than about 150 individuals).

Originally posted by Grok View Post
                  Are you trying to imply that 3rd world countries don't have taxation?
                  I was just avoiding a pointless debate about offshore tax havens.
                  Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                  5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                  Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                  TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                  bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Spitting into the wind a little there, don't you think?

I'd define taxes as being a financial charge by the government levied on those governed to sustain itself.

And it's mandatory in any society more sophisticated than a village (bigger than about 150 individuals).
                    I would add
                    "... sustain itself ... to PROVIDE NECESSARY SERVICES."
                    Personally, I don't have patience for such discussions. It seems to be below human dignity to try to explain anyone in the 21st century that there is some common good. I view libertarians as aggressive egoists (OK, me being me I can't avoid saying what I really think about them - barbarians) and avoid them.
                    A certain state eliminated state taxes. When the garbage started to pile up, fires destroyed beloved PROPERTY and less beloved children, deprived of schools, started to shoot at their libertarian parents, taxes returned.

Comment

• Anna5 could you please site your sources concerning the "certain state"?

Comment

• Mrs. Toon, this Joanne. Joanne, this Mrs. Toon. Mrs. Toon, Joanne, this James Holmes. Talk to each other. I am out of this.
                        Last edited by anna5; 07-26-2012, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• Anna, you made some very startling claims about under-served children shooting their "barbarian" libertarian parents, and when I want to know the facts behind this story, you back out? Way to be. Can you at least tell me what "certain state" suffered under such heinous small-government? Seems to me that our CURRENT government-run schools are turning out plenty of under-educated barbarians.

Comment

who learned it from Rothschild.
                            Aaaaaand, there it is. Thanks for breaking this DaVinci Code. "Sic Semper Tyrannis!"

Comment

• Originally posted by anna5 View Post
                              I view libertarians as aggressive egoists (OK, me being me I can't avoid saying what I really think about them - barbarians) and avoid them.
                              They are too-cool-for-school reactionaries who dress up their petty-bourgeous/Republican/neo-confederate/status-insecurity politics in pseudo-intellectual rags. It's a self-referencing cult who's modus operandi is tautology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                                Wolves have a class structure and so do chimps..
                                We're neither wolves nor chimps. It's more useful to look at primative human societies.

So then the question becomes: Which social-economic structure best allows for class migration. .
                                Ok. Then let's do this: take all estates at death and use that to provide as even a playing field as possible. That way the truly gifted rise to the top and the fat dummies who got there start on their father's radio station have to work like the rest of us.

That's what the Founding Fathers attempted to put into place with it's Rights and Checks and Balances. Drawing from historic references of political philosophies, these guys had their thinking caps on when they developed the American system of government.
                                Pretty half-assed attempt -- slaves, women, Indians.

But the power elite and self interest have been trying to mess it up ever since.
                                I'm confused. I thought it was natural to have self-interest and a power elite. But you don't think they should try to preserve their power and priveledge?

Comment

Working...
                                X