Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CRP is 4.2 - FREAKED OUT! Couple of questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I assumed the doctor told him it was high.

He should still get better adherence than 40% to the Primal Blueprint diet anyway.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

of course, 40% is not enough BUT he should also know that a simple cold will raise his CRP levels up to 11/12... 4.2 is nothing to worry about. Mine is never below 10, now around 80/90 but I have chronic issues of spondylitis with a recent intense flare up around 144 (with a VS around 200) so...

Comment

There are different tests, and I think I had the one you had because my number came back at 4 and my naturopath freaked. In six weeks I lowered the number to under 1 by going very low carb. When I went back in my doctor freaked again because she got the lab results backwards and though I had jumped to 4 in six weeks. She thought I had had a car accident and didn't tell her. It was pretty funny. Anyway, I would say adhere strictly to paleo, keeping you sweet potato/fruit intake on the low side. Also, there are amino acids and vitamins you can take that will help ease you off of high carb living. If you want more info you can message me.

Comment

doing blood tests is fine, overreacting on them can bring up anxiety when it isn't necessary.

Comment

I thought that maybe you had different blood tests in the US with different ranges but no CRP levels are indicated as normal within a range of 0.1 and 10 mg/liter of blood.
            Your doctors would have had a heart attack with my 144 CRP lol... well they DID take it seriously at the hospital and I DID stay a month but my regular GP has never been worried about my CRP being over 10 for 5 years.

Comment

In fact, here in France, if you're below 8.2, they do not even tell you your level.

Comment

Originally posted by keithpowers View Post
                Not to nitpick, but 40% adherence would not be "Primal". It would be increased meat/fat/protein on top of a standard American diet.
                This.

Comment

I'm a good 95% adherent to this way of eating and my CRP was last tested at only 1.3. Try getting rid of inflammatory food, adding a lot of anti-inflammatory food and test again in two months.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                  X