Do you drink with your food?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you drink with your food?

Ever since I've quitted grains I'm far more aware of how food makes me feel.
    I found that drinking water along with my food or even shortly after gives me a tingling feeling in my skin.
    Has anyone felt that?
    Do you tend yo drink with your meał?
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

yes,water if im thirsty

Comment

Yes. I can't imagine a meal without some form of refreshment in the form of water or tea (or diet soda *the horror*) to help wash it down.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
        Yes. I can't imagine a meal without some form of refreshment in the form of water or tea (or diet soda *the horror*) to help wash it down.
        or coffee or wine or a NorCal margarita or beer

Comment

Usually nothing, unless I'm having wine with a meal. I find that's best for my digestion. I often have a coffee about an hour or so after I've eaten.
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Yes I drink water with meals. However since I switched to drinking only water a year ago I find I drink a lot less during meals.
            Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

I don't drink with my meals, except wine sometimes. I don't drink much at all. Some coffee in the morning and that's about it unless I get thirsty. I never notice any tingling from drinking water or anything.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

No, I don't drink water with meals, unless it is some red wine once in awhile. I also usually wait at least an hour after a meal before I drink more. This has been a habit from before I ate primal. Why? I don't know, I just don't.

No tingling.
                Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Some nutritionists recommend minimising fluid intake with meals as that waters down stomach acid and digestive enzymes and puts more strain on the pancreas and liver.
                  F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

You know what drives me nuts? When people say I'm thirsty! You say...oh here's some water. I'm not thirsty for water!.. Then you aren't thirsty.
                    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Thing is I started taking supplements with my foods (O3 for example) and when eating a simple 3 eggs omelet caused me some distress. When I think about it I get that when eating more than a few nuts
                      I wonder if it's the Omega 6 or the water drinking that goes along with the foods.
                      Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Comment

Originally posted by activia View Post
                        You know what drives me nuts? When people say I'm thirsty! You say...oh here's some water. I'm not thirsty for water!.. Then you aren't thirsty.
                        Yeah! What they usually actually mean is 'I need some sugar with that'.

I only drink zero or near zero-calorie drinks between meals now, otherwise it counts as snacking in my book. So that's water, herbal teas, black coffees, black and green teas.

I try to make sure I'm not thirsty when I eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilleh View Post
                          Thing is I started taking supplements with my foods (O3 for example) and when eating a simple 3 eggs omelet caused me some distress. When I think about it I get that when eating more than a few nuts
                          I wonder if it's the Omega 6 or the water drinking that goes along with the foods.
                          Some people report distress from taking fish oil supplements.

I get distress when I occasionally eat too much omega 6.

Drinking significant water with a meal can be an issue if your stomach isn't producing enough acid, as this hinders breakdown of ingested proteins. That can be a contributing factor to food intolerances if you have problems with gut permeability. I've had these problems in the past and drinking less water with meals where possible seems to have helped, but I can't say for certain, having made so many other changes to my diet.

Comment

Water if I'm thirsty. And no tingles.
                            Sandra
                            *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I normally do not drink with my meals. Usually after I am finished eating I will drink water. Even if I am having wine, it is always after I am finished eating. Most of the time anyway.

However, when I take my 500mg Niacin tablet, I can sometimes get flushed where it itches or burns much like a fresh sunburn. It all depends on whether or not I ate something when taking it.
                              Last edited by DavidR; 04-23-2012, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X