No announcement yet.

Butcher/meat questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am extremely lucky and have 3 really good butchers in my nearest town. My favourite one has a list of which 3 farms the beef has come from that day, and knows the source of all his meat. He cures his own nitrate-free bacon, gives me free bones to make stock, and always has offal available! Couldn't ask for more.

Comment

Even though I live in a semi-rural area surrounded by farms no-one has grass fed beef and there is a dearth of butchers on the high street. In fact there is a dearth of high street.

I rang around and I hunted on the internet, in the end I order my meat from a farm a couple of hundred miles away and pay for it to be delivered. Quite a depressing state of affairs really but I cannot see that I have a choice.

On a more positive note, I do have a fantastic contact for lamb and every autumn I drive out to him to get half a lamb, rare breed and short of being cuddled, very well looked after.
      Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after the other.
      Walter Elliot

I am a horse for a single harness, not cut out for tandem or teamwork; for well I know that in order to attain any definite goal, it is imperative that one person do the thinking and the commanding. Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for that link to Edible. Passionate fisherman in Santa Barbara, heck yeah. But I think all the butchers are bored.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
        X