What would be your dream job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be your dream job?

If you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?

I would have a small teaching farm, where I could have classes and teach children and adults about sustainable agriculture and ranching.

truck driver

Comment

I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
      Depression Lies

Comment

^^sounds like a good jo b

Comment

I'd get paid to fish in my kayak off the coast of south florida... and eat all the yummy fishes.

Or writer... or hell, both?

Who's gonna fund this venture!
          Last edited by cori93437; 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            I would run a home-run tech support business offering all kinds of day to day maintenance and configuration services (spyware/viruses, new PC setup & data transfer, "tune-ups", hardware repair, consultations etc.). I already kind of started one, but I haven't been advertising and I'm very nervous about asking people for payment without feeling bad even though my services are much cheaper than any other place you could get the same thing around here. I don't know how realistic it is that this could support my current way of living (even just rent), but it's what I like doing.
            Never undervalue your time and talent! People will pay you to do things they can't do themselves. Never mind the people who say "I can do that myself for free/cheap"...they are not your target market Sell solutions, not services. People turn to experts/consultants when they need problems solved.
            Sandra
            *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Wonder- one of the things I got out of the business class I took was that if you have a skill to offer, you have a right to be compensated for it. I, personally, am positively technologically impaired. Therefore, I would need your services. In return for your time and effort, you should get something from me. Maybe money, maybe gardening help

I'm thinking a teaching ranch/farm might be interesting. However, at the moment what I want is a self-sustained/contained farm where I can be a hermit for a while. Once I'm ready to deal with people again, I'm very interested in healing land and learning/teaching how to use what wants to grow here to nourish/heal ourselves.
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Writer or
                Personal chef/ restauranteur using local/ organic/ both and Primal ingredients, with the option of fresh pasta, etc for those who want it added on. Restaurant would be called Science! With Food!, opened with a close friend and a couple of compatriots, and, knowing this area, popular overnight.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                My Latest Journal

Comment

Luxury cat hotel operator. Don't laugh.
                  Sandra
                  *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I'm doing it.

Comment

I would start a company that would change how the world things about nutrition/fitness. I would create new ideas and have someone else deal with the politics and day-to-day management, whilst I lived on a small farm doing something similar to ChefGrok

If anyone uses my ideas, I reserve the right to sue without permission. If anyone would want to financially back me.. then I'd do it ;P

All these things would be connected in one giant complex...Primal Revolution
                      1) Create a program like WW but primal.
                      a) weekly meetings for members to attend for support
                      b) An online support component. Class program
                      c) Meal plan generation
                      d) classes to attend (cooking/how-to-shop/backyard chicken farming/vegetable & fruit gardening) -- some would require traveling to the farm via bus?
                      e) pre-packaged frozen foods
                      f) fresh/frozen foods available from local farmers
                      g) fast food restaurant
                      h) sit-in restaurant
                      2) Exercise - start a franchise system using ideas from (movNat)
                      a) Indoor room, with indoor rock climbing and other things needed for MovNat
                      b) outdoor Arena
                      c) Yoga/meditation center
                      3) Studies & consultations
                      a) I'd have someone like Chris Kresser and an MD and a Psychologist work full-time with patients, also a Chiro and Acupuncturist
                      b) I'd have EVERYTHING documented. Everyone that starts the program would have full blood workups done, as well as questionnaire's filled out. This would be to get their first month free. Then we'd require a re-eval 3 months/6 months/ then every year there-after.
                      c) Use profits to fund primal studies that can be done in prisons/any other long term care facility where food/exercise can be controlled.
                      Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Comment

Personal trainer.
                        Or professional piano player. Too bad I don't have that many years of experience.
                        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                          Writer or
                          Personal chef/ restauranteur using local/ organic/ both and Primal ingredients, with the option of fresh pasta, etc for those who want it added on. Restaurant would be called Science! With Food!, opened with a close friend and a couple of compatriots, and, knowing this area, popular overnight.
                          I Would do personal chef too, and although not very much used anymore, I always wanted to be a butler. But for someone cool, not a douchbag.

Comment

Nutritionist/creative therapist. I'd like to practice in art as therapy as well as nutrition.
                            F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I would like to be the cost accountant at a huge manufacturing company, maybe a conglomerate of some sort, where there's a ton of different items to cost. I thought that was everyone's dream job, though. Oh well, unrealistically, I would be in a bluegrass/gospel band because bluegrass rocks.
                              If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Working...
                              X